Lambert: I’m not going to be the only one to blame

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Lambert: I’m not going to be the only one to blame

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:11 am

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... aw-7380258

A telling interview perhaps !

Having read his interview again. It is a very enlightening interview , almost an adious from Lambert tbh .

But what is startling is that both Lambert AND Hurst have now alluded to the fact that “ something is badly wrong at this Club” .... infrastructure?

QUESTIONS:

1) So who organises that ?
2) The manager ?
3)The owner?
4) Why is it STILL a major problem at this Club ?
5) WHO are the people not making or allowing it to change ?

Ricco

Re: Lambert: I’m not going to be the only one to blame

Post by Ricco » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:24 am

You are going to be the only one to blame if you don't point the finger!

"everything's wrong"
"you mean the players?"
"no"
"the owner?"
"no"
"the fans?"
"no"
"so what is wrong?“
"everything"
"OK great, thanks Paul"

I don't get it, I don't know enough about the inner workings of a football club to work out what he's trying to say. So the board are rotten? That's the only question he wasn't asked directly. So they're rotten in what way, they're not buying the players he wants? Well the squad is massive, right now I can't see the point in dumping a load more money on players.

We've bought average for years and now we have an oversized average squad. I can remember having a conversation 10 maybe 15 years ago about just how big the squad was and how average the players were. It's been the way for far too long, sold off our best and replaced them with injury prone rejects. Reduce the number of players, buy quality players with proven injury records, less players, keep them fit, that should always be the plan.

f*ck it I give up, I'll support the club again when Evans fucks off. I don't see Ipswich Town right now, I see a club run by a delusional knob who knows nothing about running a football club, convinced he can run it on a budget and despite being proven wrong time and again has buried his head in the sand and allowed his managers to take the stick.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:28 am

Lambert is usually taciturn when speaking out after games particularly after an adverse score so it's largely uncharacteristic to see the manager and it's opinion on an array of prickly subjects. Tends to repeat himself on issues and answers seem a bit garbled in places.

Likes to fan a question or two away from the intended target i.e. himself by putting the blame at other's doors or seeming intent not culpable for what's transpired or occurred out there. Says it's not within him to criticize any one person for the sh*t that's occurred while at the same time blaming everyone and everything for the wrong's at the club.

Lambert can't be all bad as he refrained from saying both Ramsey's and Robson's name as a throwback to past times, instead a finger in the right direction was good enough. You're not worthy Lambert as to name managerial figures such as that particularly inside Portman Road. Would have bordered on blasphemy.

How many 'not good enoughs' did Lambert incorporate into his rhetoric, lost count towards the end. Looks to me like a final salvo before his imminent force from position. (I) Could have put all that is wrong with the club compacted in a quarter of the time but seems the manager had an issue or two and took it upon himself to get some words out before the inevitable catches up with his as*. Nice speech maybe but ultimately too late and futile.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:13 am

Maybe not the right thread for this but shows there’s a lot of discord behind the scenes.

Nolan and Jackson exiled to the under 23’s.

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-t ... 3s-7390908

This can’t go on. Evans is paying a lot of wages for players who are either underperforming or injured as well as not being considered for selection.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:31 am

You're right it can't go on, just wtf is happening at our club. Its imploding rapidly.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:21 pm

I think we currently look like a League Two side with those named players.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:07 pm

Lambert doesn’t sound very intelligent, but he never does. The reporter did a great job with direct questions and clarification of Lambert’s vague comments. It’s frustrating that Lambert doesn’t lament on his own failures to motivate the players and at least fix what HE can with the club. Evan’s needs to replace this simpleton quickly or we will be in a relegation battle. No idea who the manager will be, but obviously times up on Lambert.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:58 pm

Boss Paul Lambert says he can’t repeat his Aston Villa experience where he feels he protected owner Randy Lerner at Town, adding that he believes the Blue Action members who took part in Monday’s training ground demonstration weren’t “true Ipswich fans”.

Under-fire Lambert spoke on talkSPORT regarding Monday’s protest which saw training suspended for 10 minutes after a flare led to some signage catching fire.

“It was what you can imagine, if you don’t get results, the pressure comes and it comes and it’s normal,” he said.

“The scenes at the training ground the other day, I don’t think it was true Ipswich fans, I think that’s one thing to say. I don’t think that’s the way it should have been dealt with or anything like that.

“We had a young team out last night, we were actually training against a younger team and it’s probably the first time they’ve probably seen things like that and were wondering what’s actually going on, what football is about.

“In a way it can be a good thing for them because they can see the pitfalls of football if things don’t go right for their own careers, they can see a lot of stuff there. But morally it was wrong what they did, but, as I say, I don’t class them as real Ipswich fans.”

Explaining further, he added: “We were training and we were doing shape work the day before the game. It was behind the goal and I didn’t really know about it until I could smell smoke and I thought somebody must be burning something here.

“And I turned around and I’ve seen the flags and the flares and these sorts of thing. It’s never nice, it doesn’t matter how old you are, but we had a lot of young players playing and it might have been their first time experiencing that.

“But, as I said before, I don’t class them as Ipswich fans. I thought it was wrong, what actually happened.”

Reflecting on how the season has progressed and having to use a lot of young players before Christmas, he said: “At one stage of the season we had 10 lads out injured and we were playing academy kids in there. I think that gets swept under the carpet because there were a lot of injuries to bigger players for us, and we found that tough.

“We came through that little period and we got them all back and then the pandemic, we had a few games missing [due to positive Covid tests] so we had to play catch-up.

“You have to adjust to it, I think that’s every manager’s challenge, you have to adjust to things like that. I don’t mind that, if a kid is good enough, you play them, but it’s such a big club that you need a bit of help.”

Asked what’s behind the disharmony at the club which goes back beyond his time as manager, he said: “I think there’s a lot of frustration. The great era with Terry Butcher, who works at the club, who has been great, John Wark, who has been great, Paul Mariner, who has been great. I met Thijssen and Muhren, guys like that. Alan Brazil I’ve spoken to. Great players, what they did for that club has been incredible.

“That was 40 years ago and they’ve got to move on with respect to the history of the club and you have to live up to it. You can’t get away from them because what those lads all achieved.

“But as a football club you have to have a clear plan where you’re going and what you’re doing and structure-wise.

“Marcus Evans has put an incredible amount of money into the football club. I understand that, it’s a hard, hard gig running a football club because of the amount of money they must put in is incredible.

“But you need an infrastructure where everybody at Ipswich Town has to get round a table and say ‘Where are we going here? What are we doing? What’s the infrastructure here?’. Because this needs to stop, this needs to stop.”

Quizzed on whether Evans is open to that, he added: “We have to have dialogue, we have to have a discussion. I’m not going to come here [and criticise him] because he’s always been good with me, he tells me how it is, we have dialogue. But the football club needs him to say what’s going to happen with the structure. I think that’s the way it should be.

“The big thing for me is I did the same at Aston Villa, protected Randy Lerner for a long, long time. It was like a lamb to a slaughter what was happening there.

“I can’t do that again, I can’t go through that again. There’s got to be a structure where everybody gets around a table.

“Everybody’s to blame, everybody, not one person where you can turn around and say you’re blaming that one or that one. Everybody has to look at themselves, look in the mirror and say where it went wrong. And I think that’s the big thing for Ipswich.”

He added: “I’ve not shied away from anything, even the clubs I played with, they were huge clubs with massive success, and the players I’ve played against, the countries I’ve played in and all those sorts of thing.

“I’ve seen what it’s like at the top, I’ve seen how those structures work in football clubs. I’ve taken people from Ipswich over to Dortmund to have a look at it to see how their story went, so it’s not as if I don’t know exactly where it’s fell from. You’re trying to put everything in place but you can only do it so far.”
Well he clearly is blaming Evans.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:31 pm

Lambert’s been on Talksport earlier. I guess to deflect some flak away from himself.

However, afterwards Simon Jordan seems to have worked Lambert out... I have to say what Jordan says is spot on about Lambert.

https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1 ... 83427?s=21

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:48 pm

Thing is, surely it has come to a head at this Club now hasn't it ? I mean, its out there now, isn't it. Out in the National Media , being spoken about, questions about Lambert AND Evans being asked NATIONALLY....so come on Evans, what are you going to do about it ?

The silence is deafening .....

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:59 pm

Simon Jordan is a twonk! But it's true it can't be airbrushed over now. There will obviously be a tough discussion between PL & ME and pretty obviously if they don't agree then PL will be on the way out. I've heart plenty of ridicule of PL's post match interview but I reckon there is plenty that he has on his mind that we may not know about or only suspect.

Also the fact that he doesn't want to directly put the blame on anyone tells me that he may well want to stay, if he is given the chance to make the changes that he presumably has in mind. Something will be resolved one way or the other before Saturday in my view, but we may not get to fully understand what, either way.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:59 pm
Simon Jordan is a twonk! But it's true it can't be airbrushed over now. There will obviously be a tough discussion between PL & ME and pretty obviously if they don't agree then PL will be on the way out. I've heart plenty of ridicule of PL's post match interview but I reckon there is plenty that he has on his mind that we may not know about or only suspect.

Also the fact that he doesn't want to directly put the blame on anyone tells me that he may well want to stay, if he is given the chance to make the changes that he presumably has in mind. Something will be resolved one way or the other before Saturday in my view, but we may not get to fully understand what, either way.
The changes PL needs to implement are winning football matches something he clearly struggles to do.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:31 pm
Lambert’s been on Talksport earlier. I guess to deflect some flak away from himself.

However, afterwards Simon Jordan seems to have worked Lambert out... I have to say what Jordan says is spot on about Lambert.

https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1 ... 83427?s=21
I cannot stand Jordon and I think I am right in saying there is history between him and Lambert.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 pm

Is that history between him and Evans though ? I thought Jordan was heavily critical of Evans “ management “ of Town a while ago .... just a thought .

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:25 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 pm
Is that history between him and Evans though ? I thought Jordan was heavily critical of Evans “ management “ of Town a while ago .... just a thought .
Yes you are right a couple of years ago Jordan questioned what Evans thought he could get out of the club the way it was being run.
As for Lambert even IF he started to do his job properly I reckon things have definitely gone to far now to save him here.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:09 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:49 pm
You could well be right although I suspect because of that he has issues with ITFC now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 pm

How bizarre, Lamberts comments today condemn Jackson for his Red card but heaps praise on Downes for his, I don't agree with this, Jscksons tackle was awful, of that there is no doubt but jesus I've seen Downes do loads of awful tackles too, I think once again its poor man management and he is clearly holding grudges.

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 pm
How bizarre, Lamberts comments today condemn Jackson for his Red card but heaps praise on Downes for his, I don't agree with this, Jscksons tackle was awful, of that there is no doubt but jesus I've seen Downes do loads of awful tackles too, I think once again its poor man management and he is clearly holding grudges.
hmmmmm - you may have something there Mike.

A member of the BAME - banished to the under-23's
A ginger whinger - banished to the Under 23's
A blonde-haired blue-eyed hooligan - nothing but praise.

Maybe Lambert's a member of the Nazi party?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:53 pm

Crikey Gary, that doesn't bare thinking about lol, would explain why KVY has vanished lmao.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:49 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I get the impression there’s actually a split in the squad, eg potentially? ... the pro Lambert faction ( Bishop “ were all 100% behind the manager”vs the anti faction ( Nolan furious re Lamberts comments) . If this is so, then Lambert really has lost it hasn’t he. The Club captain is strangely quite too.

I don’t think I’ve ever know such discord throughout the Club. Or is it Lambert trying to change things and it’s upsetting some form of “ old firm” who control some elements at the Club? I honestly don’t know. But somethings not right, and hasn’t been right for a long, long while.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:50 pm

rossi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:25 pm
Bluemike wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ....THATS what it is ....well sussed Gary!! 👍👍

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:51 am

rossi wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:25 pm
Bluemike wrote:

We wouldn’t have signed Troy Parrott on loan if Lambert is a nazi. Funny, I couldn’t remember his first name so I searched Parrott. I almost called him Jasper! :lol: