Club sold ??

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Club sold ??

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:42 am

Well Sunderland finally managed to find themselves a Mega Wealthy new owner and the youngest ever Football Club Chairman in 23 year old Swiss Kyril Louis-Dreyfus the son of former Marseille owner, the late Robert Louis/Dreyfus. The family are well connected to the football industry and as well as his ownership of Marseille FC his father was also the majority share holder at Olympic Lyonnaise and CEO at Adidas where he made much of his fortune.

K L-R’s personal wealth is unknown, however in addition to inheriting one third of his fathers vast wealth he has a $2Bn personal trust fund set up by his mother who is the wealthiest Russian woman on the planet worth $6Bn, which affords him some very deep pockets to fund the Black Cats revival.

Sunderland have been looking for a new owner for a long time, this just proves they are out there somewhere.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Re: Club sold ??

Post by Charnwood » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:51 am

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:23 pm
Very unlikely I'm afraid who would want to buy Town, I know nothing about the Sunderland takeover but I would be worried if our chairman was 23 years old.
Not if you’d seen the size of his wallet and his connections to the football industry. His family are well connected and he will have a wealth of experienced football people to draw on.

See my post further down this thread. I’d take him in preference to Marcus Evans any day.

Dubai Blue

Re: Evans looking to sell up now/ finally?

Post by Dubai Blue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:39 am

Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 am
I thought he took over a 30 million quid debt DB?
Yes he did. But he actually paid a lot less than that to acquire it. I don't remember how much but I'm pretty sure it was single digit millions. The debt was mostly with Aviva and most of the value was written off by them and never paid. So it only exists as a liability to be paid to ME if we ever have surplus funds to do it. If he takes the view that we are never going to be promoted he would probably write most of it off also. All he paid was the cost of acquiring the debt from Aviva.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:48 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:39 am
Frosty wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:02 am
I thought he took over a 30 million quid debt DB?
Yes he did. But he actually paid a lot less than that to acquire it. I don't remember how much but I'm pretty sure it was single digit millions. The debt was mostly with Aviva and most of the value was written off by them and never paid. So it only exists as a liability to be paid to ME if we ever have surplus funds to do it. If he takes the view that we are never going to be promoted he would probably write most of it off also. All he paid was the cost of acquiring the debt from Aviva.
But if the debts have increased dramatically under ME - isn’t that increased debt ME’s responsibility? There’s talk of the debt increasing from 30 to 90+ million. Have to admit I’ve never totally understood all of this debt business.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:45 pm

khurst_848 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:08 pm
Did hear this afternoon the proposed takeover is Brett Johnson and frank yallop Johnson with the money obviously. May be not true but don’t you just love a good old rumour
There is a lot of similar rumours floating around, in national media as well as social Merida. None of it is going away, and even Sky are in on these rumours now, makes me still feel that there is something going on. Also The fact the Evans has said absolutely zilch since the Northampton debacle, and the complete change in Lamberts demeanour after he’d had a chat with Evans via telephone or Skype.

I do get the feeling Evans is one being more proactive to offload a total loss making business in his corporation. He’s clearly had enough , as have we all. I’m not going to say a consortium is actually better, and the BCWYWF mob will be out in force if/ when it all goes tits up. But we can’t surely carry on as we currently are!