Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 pm

Phoenix Rising. Sounds like a feckin Black Sabbath album.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:57 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:49 pm
Andym wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:37 pm
If we sneak into the playoff places, presumably that increases the potential value of the club. If results continue to go our way, it's in ME's interests to delay the sale.
That’s what I’m thinking. Why would he sell now at a lowish League One price when in a couple of months we could be a Championship side and worth considerably more. He might as well hang on a couple of months so he knows what he’s selling. A League One or a Championship side?
Yep, totally.

360 minutes ago....., fkd, heading for possible L2........, football changes so quickly.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:09 pm

Maybe its a case of us all being a wee bit knee jerk ? The race is never won until the finish line is reached.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:33 pm

It's for this reason that I've been ambivalent towards results for a long while now. If we lose there was a greater chance of change at manager level, now if we lose there is greater chance of change at owner level, but obviously you never really want your team to lose....

I am dreading that Evans is stalling for time because of recent results, perhaps all this 'the offer isn't right' bull is just him saying 'hang on a minute, lets see what a change of management can do to our league position first'.

Whatever, I still think the bloke is an idiot, I'm desperate for change and convinced that even if we do scrape a promotion (I think highly unlikely), we will still be a small underfunded fish in the championship in need of fresh investment and our chance of that investment has sailed because again Evans has been too selfish trying to get as much for himself, rather than truly doing what is right for the club.

Maybe he even lured Paul Cook to the club under the pretence of new ownership and investment, but now he's having second thoughts now he's landed his man and had a string of results.

I'm sure Evans isn't as evil as I make out :lol: but I don't trust the man an inch.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:02 pm

That performance might knock a few quid off the asking price.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:24 pm

Based on that performance alone he wouldn't be able to give it away.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:13 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 pm
Phoenix Rising. Sounds like a feckin Black Sabbath album.
We'll be renamed Carthorse Sinking which suits our current performances and our F*****G owner :twisted: :twisted:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:52 am

If anyone is looking to keep up with all things take over. This thread on Twtd is actually very informative by a poster called muncher. He seems to know his stuff tbh.

You have the choice of reading it all through....or simply going to page 5 for the current info.

Just trying to help people that’s all, so,plz don’t shoot the messenger.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/501988/page:5/#116

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:24 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:52 am
If anyone is looking to keep up with all things take over. This thread on Twtd is actually very informative by a poster called muncher. He seems to know his stuff tbh.

You have the choice of reading it all through....or simply going to page 5 for the current info.

Just trying to help people that’s all, so,plz don’t shoot the messenger.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/501988/page:5/#116

Liz, Isn’t this “word for word” what you posted last Wednesday 3 March “cut and paste” from the same twtd post dated 2 March.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:31 pm

Did I post the link last week? So sorry if that’s true .

Seems this Muncher is a commercial property solicitor for Pretty’s solicitors in the town .

I think this take over is going ahead ...

Twtd have posted this article this afternoon. I doubt very much Phil Ham would do this if there was a real chance that this is true.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... over-close

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:09 pm

Lets hope you’re right about this Liz, as you know I ran out of patience with Marcus Evans way of running the club a long time ago. I just hope any new owner proves to be better intended and genuine with their plans for the future and I would be thankful to ME for making it possible by writing off the huge debt owed to himself, although I’m sure he will stand to recover some of this if the new owners make a success of their acquisition.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:26 pm

Yes Andy , fingers well and truly crossed on this . I know I keep harping on about it (probably coz so I'm desperate that this happens and we can leave this nightmare period behind us ), But there does seem to be genuine "activity" behind the scenes....so I guess we just have to wait and see.

IF Evans is true to his word, then he will write that debt off, ( but no doubt it'll be amply covered by a reported 5% stake in the club under the consortium), and that he will indeed have found a suitable new owner, who will put in at least what he did , and more. into this Club.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:33 pm

The one thing I would like to say is that if this does go through as reported, to all those that said he was only here to asset strip the club etc (Budgies by the 1000) and cynical Town followers, what a crock of sh*te that will probably turn out to be, a crap owner he may be in lots of ways, corrupt where ITFC are concerned he most certainly isn't.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:35 pm

yes very true Mike.

I think he's a very well intentioned owner. But his Achilles heel appears to be , that he wants to do EVERYTHING all on his own rather than employ the right people with the right skills . Madness given he knows sod all about this business really and the amount of money he'd sunk into this club.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:46 pm

Never thought he'd be so low as to asset strip, I don't believe he has evil motives, but if he's going to pretend he's being a Saint by 'choosing' to write off the debt then it's just pure carp. He couldn't sell the club with the debt, that's the simple truth.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:19 pm

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:54 pm

Who was that speaking ? Was it the Posh owner? Coz there’s been a thread on twtd about it for couple of days ...but thought id better not post anymore rumours or 8 might get lynched lol :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:18 pm

Yes it was Darragh McAnthony or whatever his bloody name is

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:22 pm

Can’t help think that with all the lack of noise from the club, yet more murmurings around the football world about the takeover means it’s probably going ahead.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:18 pm
Yes it was Darragh McAnthony or whatever his bloody name is
👍 :D

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:06 pm

As a shareholder just received a letter regarding the next Ipswich Town PLC General Meeting.
At the end of the letter it refers to the national and local press recent speculation as to the future ownership of the club. It then goes on to repeat what Evans said in his statement.
However, it also says the club hopes that shareholders will derive some comfort from Evans saying that he will not forget the interest of the army of small shareholders, whose equity I have never diluted by looking to turn my debts into Club equity.They still remain as just over 10% shareholders in the Club through their shares in ITFC PLC and I would always want to ensure that they are fairly treated".
For me the line, I hope shareholders will derive some comfort from that statement, might mean that something is in the pipeline but who knows?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Thanks for sharing that Tony, I want change at the top for sure but more than that I want some clarity as to the direction of the club sooner rather than later, it can't be good for anyone at the club when things are always up in the air.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:13 pm
Thanks for sharing that Tony, I want change at the top for sure but more than that I want some clarity as to the direction of the club sooner rather than later, it can't be good for anyone at the club when things are always up in the air.
Totally agree Mike.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:30 pm

Takeover is off

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:30 pm

Oh well back to reality🥺 its all off apparently.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/503326/tow ... -stalls/#1

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:36 pm

Not dead but not looking good 😩😭

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:59 pm

For all our moaning about him it would appear Evans was telling the truth, there was no acceptable deal on the table.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:06 pm

Well maybe the whole thrust of this takeover was to pick up a struggling “big club” at a rock-bottom price. Some good results and we’re back in the top six and it’s got to change our net worth.

At the moment, I’m more interested in how we see this season out with Cooko. Let them haggle behind the scenes. And if the deal has stalled.... didn’t Evans say there wasn’t even a deal on the table in the first place? Who knows ?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:43 pm

Saw something suggested somewhere that the price for the club could go up by £10m if we got promoted....ONLY at ITFC could we be penalised for gaining promotion. FFS!

But then Again, according to many fans out there, there has been any truth in these take over rumours. I suspect they’ll all be very happy now.

Personally, I’m gutted by this.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:47 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:43 pm
Saw something suggested somewhere that the price for the club could go up by £10m if we got promoted....ONLY at ITFC could we be penalised for gaining promotion. FFS!
Incentive.

5-0 @ Inter Fleetwood tomorrow.