Drysdale given suspension

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

K L Blue

Drysdale given suspension

Post by K L Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:16 pm

Its backdated, but interesting into why it happened(not really lol, as i thought it was something like it)

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/spor ... me-3163065

valleyroad

Re: Drysdale given suspension

Post by valleyroad » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:15 pm

BlueBalls wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:45 pm
Judge should be made to apologise or be fined for his pathetic and abusive behaviour imo.
If what Judge did was so bad according to Drysdale, then why only a yellow.
'you're a ****** cheating ****!'. would have been a straight red for any referee.
I very much doubt Drysdale at 49 will be on the list of referees next season.
Very surprised he is still on it but FA is a baffling organisation at the best of times.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:44 pm

The crazy thing is, he DID dive. He is the cheating short arse little cant.

Agree with VR though: why Drysdale didn't produce a red for both the dive and the abuse combined is incredible.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:01 pm

He is bald though

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:27 pm

Yes. Judge hasn't been getting a lot right. But bang on with that.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:34 pm

It were a sh*t game though granted. 90 minutes of essentially crap then came to life in the closng stages with the above incident. Seen it once at time of event and while the match official was in the wrong seems whatever punishment was levied his way is good enough. No need to make anything more of it. Referees must take a lot of sh*t out there during game time. Judge also the behavior was unwanted, Drysdale or whatever he calls himself reacted unprofessionally , but no major incident here. As before if the match had been a whole lot better that day the incident may have gone to some extent unnoticed / overlooked.

K L Blue

Post by K L Blue » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:11 pm

Andym

Post by Andym » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:19 pm

Difficult to know what to think. Refereeing is a hard job but he should have known better. If Judge really said what is claimed, as VR said it should have been a red card. The fact he didn't red card him makes me doubt the explanation; maybe he's just trying to justify his behaviour.
But we will never know.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:22 am

Probably best to give both the benefit of the doubt. Remember the Italian denying derogatory remarks towards Zidanes mother post headbutt. No one knows what to believe. But at least Drysdale & Judge DO know what was said and they can live with that.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:28 am

I think the fact it’s a backdated suspension and he’s free to resume duties immediately says it all but at the same time serves as a warning to other referees that it’s not acceptable behaviour. It will be interesting to see when he gets his next appointment.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:00 am

Could be worse for Drysdale now , Alan has been quiet on the situation but now disputes what was said.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:26 am

Here's my views and some of you won't like them but Bang out of Order Referee

Nobody truly knows what was said, seemingly the audio guys have quite a bit of sound from the incident though and there is nothing of Judge using the C word or even calling him bald. That isn't my point though but these hearings should be behind closed doors unless you have both sides attending.

What right has that Referee to say what was "allegedly" said without the right of Alan responding? It's now like all the blame in on Judge and there the ref gets a slap on his wrist and walk away.

Some of you said this here and I mentioned it earlier at the time. If and again that little word "IF" Alan had said what the referee has accused him of then send Judge off. To call a phrase here, that referee has all the cards in his favour. Send him off and be done with it, but no, he only booked him and that was for simulation which I think was wrong. At the time I considered it a penalty and I still do now

Referee's have a very hard job and they should get total respect but they make mistakes just like the rest of us, In their position they should be accounted for just like every player, manager and coaching staff. What would of happened if a player had came out and said what that ref did in that hearing?

What did the referee say to Judge? Did that come out?

I had the commentators turned off for the Gillingham game because quite frankly they were getting on my nerves. Players from both sides were quite clearly swearing and cursing. Every decision the referee made was followed by a outburst of foul language regarding the decision and to the referee. The ref got verbal's, he was objected to no end of abuse. Every game it's the same, and yes it's wrong but this is not just Alan, it's every player from non league to the very top. It's wrong but it happens, just don't point the finger at Alan here, it's throughout the game and even in the women's game. Again it is totally wrong.

That referee for me lost the plot, he became out of control and I said ok just suspend and give out same punishment as if it was a player. After seeing what was said at the hearing then no. For me he loss total respect and quite frankly he is not good enough to referee

Sorry if this has upset anybody and no doubt I may get few non happy replies

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:47 am

Totally agree with you, Judge for me handled it correctly in saying he wanted no punishment dished out and the matter was closed. I think Northampton players would have heard what Drysdale has alleged but so far nothing, I think he's lying and add yo that he f*cked up by not issuing a Red card if what he is saying was true so he comes out of this badly which ever way you look at it.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:00 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:47 am
Totally agree with you, Judge for me handled it correctly in saying he wanted no punishment dished out and the matter was closed. I think Northampton players would have heard what Drysdale has alleged but so far nothing, I think he's lying and add yo that he f*cked up by not issuing a Red card if what he is saying was true so he comes out of this badly which ever way you look at it.
Totally agree Mike the Ref as came out with egg on his face, but he's done no favours for Alan or indeed Ipswich Town

Ipswich Town by posting Alan's response are backing Alan and good on them

I bet Ipswich Town wouldn't want this referee nowhere near another Ipswich Town match, I feel sure other football clubs feel the same

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:02 am

Nice wee rant there, Steve & Jo. :D

I’ll agree to disagree with half of it....... but I will say that if that was a penalty, then almost every incident in the box is a penalty. And that could be correct in itself ——->> go through the entire BBC results page and click on the individual games on any given Saturday; the amount of penalties these days is unreal.

But (for me) that was never a penalty in a thousand million years. That fact is as clear as Drysdale’s bald head floodlight glare.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:42 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:02 am
Nice wee rant there, Steve & Jo. :D

I’ll agree to disagree with half of it....... but I will say that if that was a penalty, then almost every incident in the box is a penalty. And that could be correct in itself ——->> go through the entire BBC results page and click on the individual games on any given Saturday; the amount of penalties these days is unreal.

But (for me) that was never a penalty in a thousand million years. That fact is as clear as Drysdale’s bald head floodlight glare.

Wasn't actually a rant, what I wrote wasn't letting off steam as such but saying it calmly and I hope whether agree or not sensibly

Any player going to ground especially sliding in like he did Marko you then force the Ref to make a decision. I bet if that was outside of the penalty box it would been given as a foul. We all have opinions though and even VAR has been shown to have faults. Ask me again in a million years ok :)

This isn't actually about that decision though, this is much more on that the referee in question who was on the charge btw was able to slur a player who was not on a charge and unable to give his side of the story

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:02 am

If Toto's foul at Hillsborough when he got a Red card was foul then every tackle that's ever been made is/was a foul so that's a penalty!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:03 am

There’s supposed to be audio of the incident available , and the Club and Judge had the opportunity to submit this , but declined. Make of that what you will. But for me, Judge said something abusive enough to make that ref react the way he did.

Judge can only now do what he’s doing, refrute the refs report, or he’s accepting the refs version of events. I don’t trust Judge I’m afraid. Of course he and the club could provide the audio “ evidence”. The fact they won’t says a lot to me .

At the end of the day, the ref squared up to the player for a couple of seconds, that’s all. It’s handbags at dawn isn’t it. But the refs being hung out to dry and the instigator of the whole affair or walks away scot free.

...and if the refs a cheat, what does that make Judge lol!

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:07 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:02 am
If Toto's foul at Hillsborough when he got a Red card was foul then every tackle that's ever been made is/was a foul so that's a penalty!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spot on Mike, laughable really but again it's all about opinions. I was always told never dive in, stay on your feet unless really have to slide such as a block.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:08 am

The trouble is Liz, the ref commited an offence, Judge didn't, bad language is prevalent on EVERY game from most players, only a few weeks back the language Norwood was using was clear on I Follow and every bit as bad as what Judge is alleged to have said, Norwood does it every game to name but one. The Ref would almost certainly have sent Judge off if he had said what is being suggested but he didn't and to he fair he's not being hung out to dry as he'll be back officiating anytime soon.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:10 am

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:03 am
There’s supposed to be audio of the incident available , and the Club and Judge had the opportunity to submit this , but declined. Make of that what you will. But for me, Judge said something abusive enough to make that ref react the way he did.

Judge can only now do what he’s doing, refrute the refs report, or he’s accepting the refs version of events. I don’t trust Judge I’m afraid. Of course he and the club could provide the audio “ evidence”. The fact they won’t says a lot to me .

At the end of the day, the ref squared up to the player for a couple of seconds, that’s all. It’s handbags at dawn isn’t it. But the refs being hung out to dry and the instigator of the whole affair or walks away scot free.

How do you know he said the ref's a cheat? Are you presuming or do you know he did? This is all the crux of the matter. So are we going to say here and now that the ref is totally telling the truth because he's a "Referee" And you don't trust Judge?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:22 am

Sorry, not understanding this. Have you watched it again closer? He dived. It’s clear.

Everything after that is wrong by Drysdale and wrong by Judge, whatever he said, (and he said something to irritate Drysdale) .... but Drysdale was wrong.

If you want cheating to stop in the game all over the board, this type of incident needs to happen more. It’s the ONLY team sport on the planet where refs take abuse. Cannot believe how anyone could stand more on the side of Alan Judge in this matter. BOTH were wrong....... but he dived. There is no doubt there. It’s on camera.
And if it’s all about personal opinion and judgement and people say penalty, then please, those people do not go for a refs job.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:25 am

These pussies wouldn't survive in the Scottish lower leagues, fact.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:27 am

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:25 am
They really wouldn’t, that is an actual fact. And the team you follow....... any Angus Derby, v Montrose, Brechin or Arbroath...... those games are harder than an Edinburgh Derby. That is fact also.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:41 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:27 am
Bluemike wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:25 am
They really wouldn’t, that is an actual fact. And the team you follow....... any Angus Derby, v Montrose, Brechin or Arbroath...... those games are harder than an Edinburgh Derby. That is fact also.
Now that is something that can totally agree on

Could say if Hunter was playing now then would need no debate on whether that was pen or not.. Much simpler days and much better in my opinion also

rossi

Post by rossi » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:27 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:03 am

I have to admit that I read the article and could not understand why the conversation that was allegedly recorded was not submitted.
I'm far from being Piers Morgan, but quite frankly I don't believe a word Judge says

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:12 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:41 am
Could say if Hunter was playing now then would need no debate on whether that was pen or not.. Much simpler days and much better in my opinion also
And the fact that the striker would need a wheelchair would indicate he didn’t dive. Simpler times indeed. 👍 :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:26 pm

Judge added: “Our media team have got some audio and it backs me up. Some people have said I should have come out straightaway and explained what I said but I didn’t want to do that.

“I was trying to help Darren. I said the matter was finished and it was, but I have to make it clear now that I totally dispute what has been said by the referee.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:07 pm

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... dges-story

Well listening to that ITFC will only reveal the evidence if asked to by the Footballing authorities, I would take it as Judge telling the truth tbh.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:21 pm

Not sure why that would indicate Judge is telling the truth ? Surely it could also indicate he isn’t telling the truth , and that the Club won’t reveal it unless forced to by the authorities? 🤷‍♀️