Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

barmy billy

Re: Evans looking to sell up / Club Sold ?

Post by barmy billy » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:17 pm

I agree with tang. Put talk of a takeover behind us (I was not convinced it was for the good of the Club anyway) and move on.

Get behind Cookie & who knows, a good end to the season with a good manager at last in place might encourage ME to loosen the purse strings.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:55 pm

it's for the best you can argue nothing will be finalized at least for now as it allows the players to focus at what is essentially a pivotal stage of the season. Maybe it were all bullshit from the start, maybe Evans had no intention of selling up although at some point in the future new ownership has to and will occur.

Wasn't keen on the new owners suggested, sort of pulled a name out a hat and all very random. One last time IF the club can make it back to second league status this year we will present a more lucrative deal for potential buyers but all hypothetical with games remaining. Omit the debacle from the rest of the season and just focus on the promotion issue.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:44 pm

There’s no comment from EADT about the takeover stalling. And, to be honest, they haven’t really pushed too much about a takeover from the start. Maybe the odd comment and re-cycling of old TWTD news. This takeover newstream has been mostly pushed by TWTD. Maybe they have better sources (if the takeover news is true) OR they’ve been inflating this whole takeover scenario. I would have thought if this story was very credible then the EADT would have been all over it. It is newsworthy and relevant to the EADT sportswriters - but they’ve been pretty much hands off. It does make you wonder how credible it was in the first place.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:15 pm

I did watch Jim White on TalkSPORT and he said he "knew" a takeover was in the pipeline and genuine so who knows.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:54 pm

Purely out of curiosity, is Jim White an Ipswich fan? Always wondered that with him being a dyed in the wool Rangers supporter.

And if a fan, and mainly working media, maybe he does know something. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️

But....... Fleetwood & 3pts must be those players only concerns for today.
Fk off, Mevans ...... stay in your office and don’t bother anyone!!

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:00 pm

Is this the Scottish Jim white from talksport or the English Jim white Telegraph sports writer we’re talking about? The English white did do an interview about the takeover- and he was quite certain there was something in it. Probably is something in it - but not sure how close they were/are.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:10 pm

Have heard Jim defending Marcus Evens especially when that Tw*T Simon Jordan kept on having his say

So maybe an Ipswich fan, but it seems like half of the Talk Sport presenters are

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:41 pm

It was Jim White from the Telegraph yes.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:10 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:44 pm
There’s no comment from EADT about the takeover stalling. And, to be honest, they haven’t really pushed too much about a takeover from the start. Maybe the odd comment and re-cycling of old TWTD news. This takeover newstream has been mostly pushed by TWTD. Maybe they have better sources (if the takeover news is true) OR they’ve been inflating this whole takeover scenario. I would have thought if this story was very credible then the EADT would have been all over it. It is newsworthy and relevant to the EADT sportswriters - but they’ve been pretty much hands off. It does make you wonder how credible it was in the first place.
I’m not sur I’d agree with that tang.

It has been reported in the national press, including the guardian, telegraph, the Addick, the EADT did a front page splurge . I think there’s been a concerted effort by the Club to dampen things down. I have noticed that the EADT hasn’t even mentioned the stalling of negotiations...so whys that?

The land registry searches are still in place . The Pretty’s solicitor who has been posting on twtd says that this is key, because if there was no truth in it then those searches would have been removed. They have so far not been. He has given reason why this is important, and has said that April the 6th or 8th can’t remember which date he said now, would be key to gaining an insight t9 these rumoured proceedings, in that if those searches are still in place then m or renewed then talks/ negotiations are likely to be ongoing. He has said that the Game hangers consortium would have paid a lot of money to get as far as they have paid, itro £200k .

True, none of us knows what’s going on and probably never will do until it either happens , or it doesn’t. All we can do is sit and wait, and as is with AlL ITFC fans lot is .. “ it’s the hope that kills you”!

Here’s hop8mg we keep winning and push for promotion.... COYBs

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:35 pm

BBC look east mentioned it when this first surfaced,would of thought that was a reliable source.

wilnisfan

Post by wilnisfan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:25 am

Yeah Marcus is just waiting and seeing. He knows he has an interested party and is hoping the gamble of an experienced promotion manager might double his money.

We should expect an offer either way come end of season.

Even if we get promoted Marcus won’t have the stomach to fund signings as his core business is in tatters due to covid.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:32 am

I hope you’re right wilnis 🤞

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:49 am

wilnisfan wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:25 am
Yeah Marcus is just waiting and seeing. He knows he has an interested party and is hoping the gamble of an experienced promotion manager might double his money.

We should expect an offer either way come end of season.

Even if we get promoted Marcus won’t have the stomach to fund signings as his core business is in tatters due to covid.
Are your comments based on hard facts that you can substantiate, or are they just supposition and your opinion?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:53 am

Supposition & opinion are much better on a forum, ...... in my OPINION.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 am

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:53 am
That's just supposition :wink:

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:55 am

marko69 wrote:
The only reason I asked was in case something fresh had come to light. There has been so much said on the topic that the true facts seem really not known.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:12 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:55 am
marko69 wrote:
The only reason I asked was in case something fresh had come to light. There has been so much said on the topic that the true facts seem really not known.
Sorry Barmy....., I should've added the :D emoji. I was just jesting.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:12 pm
barmy billy wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:55 am
marko69 wrote:
Sorry Barmy....., I should've added the :D emoji. I was just jesting.
No probs Marko.

wilnisfan

Post by wilnisfan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:53 am

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:32 am
I hope you’re right wilnis 🤞
I hope so too

Barmy: just my opinion based on the pattern of Evans, who when he initially took over basically started off flexing financial muscle up to a certain point then has been playing it cautious in keeping the books balanced, this reductive action continue to where we are now.

And looking at the squad (not that Evans has the footballing ability to see it) none of them are championship standard next season, if we made it.

If we didn’t make it we still have a job to do but the income would be low and we have yet another rebuild to do in what he has realised is a difficult division.

Unless he has a change of heart his accountancy led leadership of town would tell him to cut his losses.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:19 am

More news from Muncher on TWTD today more searches added today.!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:44 am

Its a bit like when someone says for five years "the managers gonna get the sack" eventually you'll be right, this may happen one day.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:11 am

Is the possibility of the takeover increasing the more our chances of promotion are decreasing?

Agent Cook of Gamechanger PLC?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 am

They say it's typically done when a deal is very close or agreed fingers crossed.👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:55 am

Ah right, so it’s ;

“Paul, these three wins on the bounce is making the club more expensive. The gamechanger guys are losing interest. Could you lose and draw a few by any chance and look really inept and crap to the extent that fans could potentially want your a$$ out the door?”

“Eh? But.......”

“No, Paul, Listen, the expectations and price will go down and then I’ll finally punt it. Then next season, it’ll be over to you. You’ll be fine, fans change like the weather.”

“Yeah, But.....”

“Look, Paul. Just fuckin lose and DO NOT sniff the play offs ok? Those three wins on the bounce have gave me nothing but grief from the gamechanger guys. So PLEASE..... fat b*stard up top with no support for a few games ok? Need this club off my hands.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:05 pm

LMAO 🤣

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:23 pm

Well season ticket renewals are due so I expect its timed perfectly by Evans to release this news

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:23 pm

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... y-searches

Looking good as far as I can see......

Dont wish Town h=ever to lose tbh …but if we had a crap Easter programme and promotion out of question again this season, Id actually be quite happy if it meant Evans accepted the consortium bid.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:55 am
Ah right, so it’s ;

“Paul, these three wins on the bounce is making the club more expensive. The gamechanger guys are losing interest. Could you lose and draw a few by any chance and look really inept and crap to the extent that fans could potentially want your a$$ out the door?”

“Eh? But.......”

“No, Paul, Listen, the expectations and price will go down and then I’ll finally punt it. Then next season, it’ll be over to you. You’ll be fine, fans change like the weather.”

“Yeah, But.....”

“Look, Paul. Just fuckin lose and DO NOT sniff the play offs ok? Those three wins on the bounce have gave me nothing but grief from the gamechanger guys. So PLEASE..... fat b*stard up top with no support for a few games ok? Need this club off my hands.”
Marco I did tell you this the other day that its going to be sooner than you think, (YES) But all I get is what a load of sh*t, i just wish you would listen to good old ASH 8) :D