Jan 2021 Transfer Window

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Re: Jan 2021 Transfer Window

Post by hallamblue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:03 pm

I know managers have to believe in themselves eg be their own man etc, but the managers we’ve had recently, seem to be so arrogant as to never be capable of holding their hands up when “ their way” has gone so badly wrong snd say , yip , ok, it’s not working , we’ll try ...... whatever it is that needs to be tried . In this instance playing two up front . It could literally save Lamberts job and the Clubs season🤷‍♀️.

I personally think Norwood is still nursing a weak hamstring- they take months to sort out tbh . But if he is fit enough to play I’d definitely pair him with either Harrop or Parrott ( there’s got to be a song in there somewhere !)

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:40 am

Town are reported to be one of a number of League One clubs eyeing St Johnstone frontman Guy Melamed.

According to Football Insider, the Blues, Portsmouth and Sunderland are keeping tabs on the 28-year-old, who has scored five and assisted three further goals in 10 starts and five sub appearances since joining the Scottish Premiership side in October from Maccabi Netanya in Israel.

Born in Ra'anana, Israel, Melamed, who is out of contract in the summer, had played all his career in his home country prior to his move to Scotland featuring for Hapoel Kfar Saba, Maccabi Petah Tikva, Maccabi Herzliya and Hapoel Be'er Sheva - with whom the 5ft 8in tall striker won the Israeli Premier League in 2017/18 - prior to his two years with Maccabi Netanya.

Town manager Paul Cook will be looking at potential summer recruits with it appearing likely there will be an exodus from Portman Road during the close season with 25 players now out of contract following Barry Cotter’s departure yesterday

Spill the beans Marko , can he play or is he a Freddie Sears?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Sorry Mike, with lockdown etc, I've not been following the other clubs that closely and not really watching Sportscene a great deal. (I have HibsTV)

Googling the league cup final on BBC, he was "tactically left out" by Davidson even though he'd scored twice v Motherwell the week previous. No idea what that would be about considering he seems to know where the net is. He seems to have a decent record at the Saints but who knows? Norwood had a phenomenal record at Tranmere but has struggled slightly at Ipswich.