24 HOUR ONLY THREAD..........

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

marko69
Global Moderator

24 HOUR ONLY THREAD..........

Post by marko69 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:24 pm

........., THEN IT'LL BE DELETED.

Just for anyone if they feel like laughing along out loud at the Jambofuckwits.

a) Thought they'd won the cup last season and celebrated like they did when the Celtic penalty was missed......., then missed several penalties themselves and the rest is history......

and b) tonight in the cup ------>> BRORA 2 Jambos 1 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BRORA?? :lol: :lol:

The fuckin best laugh for YEARS!! And they ain't getting to forget it. :lol: :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: 24 HOUR ONLY THREAD..........

Post by Bluemike » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:39 pm

Brora Rangers lol, these Highland league clubs are no mugs

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:10 am

....., and along with being no mugs......, that was their FIRST game in THREE MONTHS due to Covid cancellations. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Normally I don't really bother with the pain in the arse texting to buddies and colleagues when Hertz get humiliated...., (Like they take great pleasure in doing when Hibs do ANYTHING laughable; which is regular) ......, but its happening tonight and tomorrow. Already been told to "Fk Off" 4 times :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Feckin magic! Love it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:18 am

Installed a new Hive thermostat for a buddy just before Christmas. (Jambo) He's actually Mike as well. Sent a text.....

"Aw right , Mike. Hope all is well. Hope the thermostat is working ok because BRRRRRRRRRora, its freezing tonight."
"Fk off!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:41 am

Cor I feel like a Brora burger love? f*ck that dear, the price has gone way up!

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:30 am

Don't erase it after twenty-four hours, could talk Scottish "football" for hours at a time. Was not aware of this score until seeing topic issue and it's not as if you can say (they) can concentrate on the league (now) as they got such a runaway lead in their respective division all remaining games are academic.

Not the most hurtful score they've ever endured though. Can always recall 1986 and throwing away a League Championship on the Final day at Dundee in extraordinary circumstance, a name, Albert Kidd, kind of lives with you forever. Should have won it that day, that they didn't even they still can't comprehend.

For the uneducated Brora play their game in the Highland League where they got 20 goals from 3 games and sit in top position but all the same this is a score of considerable focus. Would have brought more attention had Heart of Midlothian lost today against someone from the Lower League of Scotland that include such glamor club sides as Cumbernauld Colts, Bonnyrigg and the Civil Service Strollers. That would have been better but as it is scores like what you got here don't come around all that often.

Been some real standout scores in Scots Cup competition over time. Berwick beating Rangers 1967 if memory serves, Hamilton against same opposition 20 years later, Stenhousemuir beating Aberdeen 1995 that kind of thing and last but not least, Celtic (admittedly) well beaten by Inverness Caledonian around the turn of the last century. f**king hell can still remember the embarrassment and surreal quality of that even submitting this out now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:20 pm

saint jude wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:30 am
Not the most hurtful score they've ever endured though. Can always recall 1986 and throwing away a League Championship on the Final day at Dundee in extraordinary circumstance, a name, Albert Kidd, kind of lives with you forever. Should have won it that day, that they didn't even they still can't comprehend.
Three things about this.

1) All they needed was a draw. And what was incredibly extraordinary was the only team who could win the league if Hearts were defeated were Celtic. And due to Hearts losing 2-0, it meant Celtic needed to beat St Mirren 5-0.
And they did!! :lol: Man, that really kicked off the conspiracy clowns!

2) They were in the Cup Final the following Saturday....... humped 3-0 by Aberdeen.

3) That season, they were sponsored by MITA COPIERS....... the joke was, “They MITA won the league and they MITA won the cup, but they won FK ALL.” :lol:

And err....... the Cumbernauld , Bonnyrigg etc etc part??
No. Brora is BAD enough. That’ll do for the pi$$ take.
Hibernian had Bonnyrigg 3 or 4 years ago in the cup ... (won 8-1) but if the cabbage had lost that, we’d have been inundated with grief! I was getting texts asking how the hell Bonnyrigg managed to score a goal at Easter Road! 🤦‍♂️

Brora will do. That’ll last for a long, LONG time. 👍

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:08 pm

I’d no idea Brora had a professional football team, the place is about the same size as my village In Leicestershire. What I do know tho is that Brora has a decent golf course designed by James Braid who also designed Charnwood Forest Golf Club in Woodhouse Eaves where I used to live.

Up the Brora 👏👏👏

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:10 am
....., and along with being no mugs......, that was their FIRST game in THREE MONTHS due to Covid cancellations. :lol:

Normally I don't really bother with the pain in the arse texting to buddies and colleagues when Hertz get humiliated...., (Like they take great pleasure in doing when Hibs do ANYTHING laughable; which is regular) ......, but its happening tonight and tomorrow. Already been told to "Fk Off" 4 times :lol:

Feckin magic! Love it.
that's strange Marko, I sent a text to Stu with my best wishes and condolences, and guess what, got exactly the same response :? my mobile has got smoke coming from it, is that normal :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:53 pm

Haha, poor Stu. I bet he's been getting a shedload of "well done" texts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We should thank them really. It's been massive news all day up here in Edinburgh and the memes, the gifs etc have been HILARIOUS. :lol:

Few morons who take things a tad too seriously and been hearing of an altercation at a Leith branch of the plumbing merchants. Hearts supporter wasn't in the mood for the smack talk with the guy who works there...., apparently he wanted to physically "smack" which was brought back under control in a few seconds......, but, all clubs have those types I suppose. Love to have been there....., I'd be like, "Mate? It was Brora FFS? What do you expect?" Maybe he should've taken the day off if he was in that state of mind.
And I mean the state of mind to go fighting...., not the state of mind of being a Jambo in the first place! :lol:

Imagine Chelmsford City 2 Norwich City 1

Pretty darn memorable! :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:02 pm

And err, was supposed to only be a 24 hour thread to get the news of this to fellow football fans on a forum in case the news didn't reach Suffolk....., (always like to get Hearts news far and wide; they do the same with Hibs news at every opportunity)......., but there has been some decent response.

So we can let it slide down the thread list and disappear......., but reinvent it next time they make us laugh.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:58 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:53 pm
Haha, poor Stu. I bet he's been getting a shedload of "well done" texts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We should thank them really. It's been massive news all day up here in Edinburgh and the memes, the gifs etc have been HILARIOUS. :lol:

Few morons who take things a tad too seriously and been hearing of an altercation at a Leith branch of the plumbing merchants. Hearts supporter wasn't in the mood for the smack talk with the guy who works there...., apparently he wanted to physically "smack" which was brought back under control in a few seconds......, but, all clubs have those types I suppose. Love to have been there....., I'd be like, "Mate? It was Brora FFS? What do you expect?" Maybe he should've taken the day off if he was in that state of mind.
And I mean the state of mind to go fighting...., not the state of mind of being a Jambo in the first place! :lol:

Imagine Chelmsford City 2 Norwich City 1

Pretty darn memorable! :lol:
your spot on there mate, Norwich scoring a goal against Chelmsford City, to far fetched is that.
I was in a little village near there yesterday called Broomfield,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:58 pm
Airdrie, Wolfie? :lol:

Was just there pricing a boiler replacement. Will need to add on “van possibly sitting on bricks by end of job” allowance.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:40 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 pm
goldandblack wrote:

Was just there pricing a boiler replacement. Will need to add on “van possibly sitting on bricks by end of job” allowance.
:D in Sandwell someone there would nick the bricks after that, its a boiler company that sponsors their football team, I use the word "football" very lightly :wink:

Broomfield is more like being in the wild west, expecting John Wayne or Billy the Kid round every corner.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:40 pm
marko69 wrote:
goldandblack wrote:

:D in Sandwell someone there would nick the bricks after that, its a boiler company that sponsors their football team, I use the word "football" very lightly :wink:

Broomfield is more like being in the wild west, expecting John Wayne or Billy the Kid round every corner.
Part in bold, :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, Shyte team, but VERY good boiler! In fact they're "IDEAL" for most households! :astroll: :D How many times have people cracked that "joke"!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:30 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:58 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:40 pm
marko69 wrote:

Part in bold, :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, Shyte team, but VERY good boiler! In fact they're "IDEAL" for most households! :astroll: :D How many times have people cracked that "joke"!
What do you call AN IDEAL female WBA, "an old boiler."
What do you call an ideal pregnant WBA supporter, "A double old boiler" .
put a good one in JOKES.

I almost feel gutted for there fans, almost lol
what next, a big bird wearing a Tesco bag as a sponsor, never happen :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:32 pm

That is hilarious! A combi boiler with legs. :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:16 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:32 pm
That is hilarious! A combi boiler with legs. :lol:
who would ever do that to their own fans, was bad enough when we were sponsored by a packet of crisps.
that fella in the wheelchair is thinking " shall I turn that switch on" :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 pm

At least the control "knob" is in the correct vicinity on that costume. :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:04 pm

getting back on topic, did you know its over 20 yrs since this headline hit the papers.

“Super Caley Go Ballistic, Celtic are Atrocious!”

that was some result and a brilliant bit of journalism, think it was in the Sun newspaper
link;
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football ... ph-1394932

and this F A Cup result ..Berwick Rangers v Rangers Scottish cup 1967

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Be ... &FORM=VIRE

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:29 pm

Regarding Berwick vs the now defunct Rangers FC......., the Glasgow clubs captain, John Greig is on record asking the ref to give them a couple more minutes whilst well into injury time, ....., to which the referee replied, "I have already given you an extra 3."

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:39 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:29 pm
Regarding Berwick vs the now defunct Rangers FC......., the Glasgow clubs captain, John Greig is on record asking the ref to give them a couple more minutes whilst well into injury time, ....., to which the referee replied, "I have already given you an extra 3."
I cant stand either Glasgow side, Why young Lee decided to join that merry go round ill never know.
John Greig, now there's a name from the past and from probably Scotland's finest times,
he was from your neck of the woods I think,