Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

6 Points for Easter?

Rochdale Win
17%
Ipswich Win
67%
Draw
17%

Total votes: 12

hallamblue

Re: Rochdale AFC vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:20 pm

saint jude wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:12 pm
Didn't get involved this time didn't think it were appropriate but now the game is over not sure what to add to this. First off all right, the opposition are in last place in the league, fighting for their own objectives, but really we should be able to see off teams like this irrespective of where the game is played at.

Have read through a number of replies and that alone tells you all you need to know. Guess the players don't give a sh*t and have just accepted the situation and planned for summer vacations. Would be pleased to a number of them depart as seems there's no merit or valuation to their effort or play.

I don't want to castigate Cook so early in but seriously this really isn't good enough. As a manager he has responsibility to coach and motivate the team - show the emphasis of where we are in the league and something worth fighting for - so what the f*ck is going on there I don't know.
Silk purse out of a sows ear .. this squad are a bunch of losers . Snd have been for over 3 years. They’ve had their time . Clear the lot out

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Trouble is although I agree wholeheartedly with you Cook won’t
get the funds under Evans to be able to clear the lot of them out.

Tinytown

Post by Tinytown » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:45 pm

We have failed to beat Wigan and Rochdale in the last couple of weeks. Play offs are a distant dream unfortunately.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:14 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:18 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 pm
So before Lambert was binned, the team had pushed into top 6 and beaten both Blackpool, Hull and Doncaster if my recall is correct???
I have to say that at this stage i'm a bit disappointed on the impact that Cook has had so far. I'm not expecting miracles but was looking for a bit more than what is being produced?
That little run of three games ( the first of the season), came when the take over news broke and Lambert would be leaving .

New man comes in , and tries to get these “ professionals” to up their game, train twice a day , increase the tempo of their previous “ walking football “ under Lambert, and they can’t do it . That’s not Cook’s fault , it’s these highly paid “ professional “, so called elite athletes.

They’re a Bloody joke - every last one of them are stealing a living from this Club and have been in their little comfort zone for THREE YEARS! Clear the lot out and I really hope Cook does this .
I'm afraid I don't buy into that.
Every one of these professional footballers is playing for their future at the club.
If Lambert was such a problem then Cook coming in should have been a clean slate and a chance to prove to Cook their worth.
Also wholesale change at any level of professional football is difficult to pull off and maintain a promotion push.
With the level of expectation at Ipswich I'm not convinced that is the road Cook will go down although I do think there will be quite a bit of transfer activity.
I don't think he's doing well enough so far and worries me a bit tbh. I thought he was a good appointment and still do but expected a bit more no matter how popular it is to slaughter the squad on here.
Also I very much doubt the standard of performance would have been the same if a Mick McCarthy or Neil Warnock figure had taken this job ???

I'm also well aware that teams like Wigan, Rochdale and Bristol Rovers are fighting for their lives but Ipswich are or should be battling for a play off place and I don't think its good enough what is being produced

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:56 pm

I agree, V-Rod!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:03 pm

Unfortunately VR I’d love to agree with you but I can’t. Nothing will convince me this squad of players is playing for their Town future. Do you honestly see it ?

Your probably right about wholesale changes . As much as many of us want it , it isn’t practical. But Cook will bring in the spine of the team I think , and the rest ( 9 current players out of the squad ?) might survive as “ squad” players .

I think once Cook had his first 15 he won’t be changing it much next season.

As for Town battling against relegation threatened teams, or indeed play off competition. Well history demonstrates admirably that we are as powder puff as they come in that department of attributes.

In terms of Cooks suitability I would add that he hadn’t got his normal back room staff with him , snd all managers appear to have their staff don’t they . So guess we’ll have to wait until the summer to see his things pan out. But Town are a million miles away from being promotion material .

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:53 pm
Playing the worst team with the worst defence and not a single shot on target in 90 minutes!!!!!
Is that a record for a league match ? So many League zone games had Shots on Target in double figures.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Playing the worst team with the worst defence and not a single shot on target in 90 minutes!!!!!
Is that a record for a league match ? So many League zone games had Shots on Target in double figures.
For both teams to register no shots on target is probably not a first, but i reckon Ipswich must be one of the lowest teams in League One for getting shots on target this season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:49 am

valleyroad wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:14 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:18 pm
valleyroad wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:08 pm
So before Lambert was binned, the team had pushed into top 6 and beaten both Blackpool, Hull and Doncaster if my recall is correct???
I have to say that at this stage i'm a bit disappointed on the impact that Cook has had so far. I'm not expecting miracles but was looking for a bit more than what is being produced?
That little run of three games ( the first of the season), came when the take over news broke and Lambert would be leaving .

New man comes in , and tries to get these “ professionals” to up their game, train twice a day , increase the tempo of their previous “ walking football “ under Lambert, and they can’t do it . That’s not Cook’s fault , it’s these highly paid “ professional “, so called elite athletes.

They’re a Bloody joke - every last one of them are stealing a living from this Club and have been in their little comfort zone for THREE YEARS! Clear the lot out and I really hope Cook does this .
I'm afraid I don't buy into that.
Every one of these professional footballers is playing for their future at the club.
If Lambert was such a problem then Cook coming in should have been a clean slate and a chance to prove to Cook their worth.
Also wholesale change at any level of professional football is difficult to pull off and maintain a promotion push.
With the level of expectation at Ipswich I'm not convinced that is the road Cook will go down although I do think there will be quite a bit of transfer activity.
I don't think he's doing well enough so far and worries me a bit tbh. I thought he was a good appointment and still do but expected a bit more no matter how popular it is to slaughter the squad on here.
Also I very much doubt the standard of performance would have been the same if a Mick McCarthy or Neil Warnock figure had taken this job ???

I'm also well aware that teams like Wigan, Rochdale and Bristol Rovers are fighting for their lives but Ipswich are or should be battling for a play off place and I don't think its good enough what is being produced
No we could be losing 5-0 to a team about to be relegated.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:40 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 am
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:58 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
For both teams to register no shots on target is probably not a first, but i reckon Ipswich must be one of the lowest teams in League One for getting shots on target this season.
People blame the strikers , but I actually think it’s our midfield that is the pivotal problem in this team. We simply don’t have one . Strikers get virtual no service whilst defence gets no protection.

Dozzell is as much use as a chocolate tea pot . He almost needs” protection” from someone like Downes if Nolan for him to function. He’s a big player.

Bishop does at least “ have a go “ but he can’t do the whole midfield in his own .

Judge us simply a waste of space , never sticking to his instructions , and Edwards couldn’t pass pass ir keep possession of the ball. Out of that midfield yesterday I’d keep only Bishop.

I’d sell Dozzell ( not sure who would buy him tbh and offload Judge and Edwards . Rochdales midfielder was everywhere yesterday . HE controlled their MF. If we’d had just him in our midfield with Bishop we’d probably have won .

Cook will bring in the spine of the team in the summer and offload these useless ineffective players we have . They’re simply not doing it and haven’t done for 3 years . Their time is up - and they know it , hence the lack of commitment.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:16 pm

Well, if every one of that ITFC team was playing for their futue, all I can say is they were'nt making a very good job of it.

I think Cook may have under estimated this squad's uselessness (is that a proper word?) and is quickly realising what a mammoth task he has taken on. He has already said there will be changes come the summer: I just hope that Evans gives him the financial support to buy some decent players rather compared to the rubbish bought by previous managers.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Surely if this takeover is everything most people are saying Evans doesn't come into it ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:34 pm

I think in this day and age of ...... "No patience with phones, iPads or computers" ..... (Like my own family) ..... People MISS things. Constantly. Videos and clips are "too long"......., no time to watch that, I might miss something important on Facebook!
(Yeah right!)
If the Sligo video posted by Secal is watched entirely, many people will hear Cookie actually say that without investment, it's a fruitless task. Bear in mind, he's already the Ipswich manager when the Sligo guy interviews him. It's not some ancient interview. So, come summer, whether it's Mevans or whoever, he /they better get investing or Cook will be in danger of turning into another Lambert in press conferences.

Only ten seconds, 10:00 - 10:10 ...... Arguably the most important ten seconds of the 45 minutes.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:02 pm

Marko where is this link, save me hunting for it as I never got to watch it

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:08 pm

You do know Rochdale have scored more goals this season than ourselves right ? They may be in end place in the league but at times have found goal often. Any team that scores three against Peterborough, four against Charlton Athletic as they have, cant be all bad. Just trying to lighten yesterdays disappointment.

There's really not much else to add from yesterday. I accept the players we have aren't good enough or clearly devoid of ambition . Would haven't been so bad for a no score draw had they tried or gone for it but seems their collective minds where elsewhere and / or just playing out another game where they decided it wasn't worth trying and simply given up on a promotion attempt.

Makes you angry but no sense in despairing over it. Makes you wonder if they can't provide the time and effort to do something then why should I or any other fan go to lengths to root for them, pay money to watch when you get back very little in return.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:44 pm
Surely if this takeover is everything most people are saying Evans doesn't come into it ?
Yes Mike, but do you really it is going to happen?

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:02 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rosM7A45ppc

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:58 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:23 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Yes Mike, but do you really it is going to happen?
No Billy, I don't at all, unfortunately 😔

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:59 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Cheers mate

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:59 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:25 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Cheers mate
Just watched quite a few long excerpts of that video. Paul Cook comes across so genuine, full of wisecracks and very mindful of those who helped him get to where he is now. Loved the bit about Seamus Coleman's desire to come in each day and be better than the previous day. Now that is the type of player mentality we desperately need at this club and not those who are happy to just pick up their wage. PC will, i strongly believe, get his type of players in and form the backbone of a good side, which in turn will raise the games of those who are fortunate enough to remain at our great club.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm

If you want to watch some real football instead of this Sunday league rubbish, tune in to Real Madrid v Liverpool or Man City v B Dortmund!

Come on you Reds and Blues!!

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:13 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:28 pm
I thought this game had 0-0 written all over it until I just looked at the result of their last home game v Peterborough, omg 3-3, now that is a worry. I think I need a rethink. 🤔

Should have stuck with my original 0-0 prediction, had I stuck with it could have added 15 points to my Prediction League score which I changed at the last minute.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:20 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm
If you want to watch some real football instead of this Sunday league rubbish, tune in to Real Madrid v Liverpool or Man City v B Dortmund!

I’ll definitely be watching Liverpool tonight No 9, if it wasn’t for Covid that’s where I would have been tonight for sure. Shame Liverpool and Man City playing at the same time as I’d like to have watched both games.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:47 pm

Somewhere in the middle for me. Cannot stand what Ipswich are dishing up at the moment, (saw Dale highlights)..... and can't sit through the tippy tappy Man City stuff. It's like they're trying to be too perfect.

West Brom v Chelsea......, that was like an old style, late 80s / 90s gritty type performance from the Baggies. Try and Cook up that kind of stuff, Paul.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:21 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:20 pm
number 9 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:00 pm

I’ll definitely be watching Liverpool tonight No 9, if it wasn’t for Covid that’s where I would have been tonight for sure. Shame Liverpool and Man City playing at the same time as I’d like to have watched both games.
Keep me updated Charny. I decided to watch City/Dortmund mainly cuz I wanna see this Haaland fella.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:46 pm

Well........, no one wants to mention any results from the nights fixture list, so, fk it, I think I will. I just feel that results of note do not get mentioned on here for whatever reason..... who knows.

But VERY well done indeed for the Jags getting that injury time equaliser. Deserved after Saturdays refereeing blunder.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:51 pm

Real Madrid 3 Liverpool 1 : f**king pleased with that. Favorite continental club side beats another I can't abide. Hope to go through to the semi-finals again. Too bad we won't be able to beat them in a Final again like recent but you take your moments when you (can) get them. Two goal lead with a game to come is precarious with their past-European history but got to be quietly confident.

Manchester City ? Plastic club name that before any rich takeover were about as big in stature as Stockport County. Still haven't quite forgiven them for the semi-final defeat when we most likely would have beaten Tottenham in the final game.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:46 pm
Well........, no one wants to mention any results from the nights fixture list, so, fk it, I think I will. I just feel that results of note do not get mentioned on here for whatever reason..... who knows.

But VERY well done indeed for the Jags getting that injury time equaliser. Deserved after Saturdays refereeing blunder.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Against the Fife and being 2-0 down to 2-2, I just love it when Tiffany scores 90+4 what a gal get in there bitch :lol: :lol: so hopefully the Jags will get promoted via the playoffs :roll: cut out the draws and get some wins, and Mike's Loons drew again their fighting but too many draws :shock:

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:56 pm

Bluemike wrote:
All done and dusted one hour ago, Gamechanger are the new owners of Ipswich Town FC, all as predicted COYB