Judge had got some front hasnt he !

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Judge had got some front hasnt he !

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:56 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... le-7874178

Talk about stabbing your team mates ...... he. Ones across as a little snitch and trying a brown nose approach with Paul Cook . He clearly doesn’t see himself as a player that “ can’t be trusted “. I think I loath him even more now , he’s a little weasel !

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Judge had got some front hasnt he !

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:28 pm

Whit?

Just read all of that. Where is the backstabbing? Can you quote the backstabbing part because I'd like to see where you're coming from with that assessment.

This quote suggests the opposite in my book.....
“But we’re giving him everything and he knows he has an honest bunch of lads in there."

Are you just meaning his wording of "Who Cook can trust"?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:58 pm

Judges words are ...

'The gaffer will soon work out who he can and can't trust'

To me marko, he’s saying the manager will identify who can’t be trusted in the squad. So if you are a member of that squad, how would that make you feel having a supposed team mate suggest that some in the squad ( potentially you?) cant be trusted? No of course he’s not naming names, that the sly way he’s gone about it. But he’s definitely having a swipe at his fellow professionals in the squad IMO.

The later bit in the article where he’s reportedly said ...something along the lines of , the lads are an honest bunch ...seems a contradictory comments tbh. And didn’t make sense given his first comment ...

That was my impression when I read it anyway. And if I was a team mate, I’d be asking him who he had in mind when he made that comment.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:05 pm

I don't know Adam Judge from Adam & Eve, Hallam......, but I'd put my mortgage on him meaning the team as a whole, himself included. 100%
I think you're reading too much into it. In my humble opinion of course.

There is actually a major positive supplied here by Alan: QUOTE: "We're giving him everything." END QUOTE.

Paul Cook responds: "Ok, Alan. If that is "everything", you can all clear off!"

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:09 pm

Lol, maybe it’s just been worded poorly by the journo...it’s just how it struck me , and I thought ..” bloody hell Judgy”!

well if a body ends up in the River Orwell we’ll know his team mates thought the same as me ! Lol

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:27 pm

well I read the same interview on TWTD, and I have to agree with Liz in that I got the impression he was saying that there were a lot of players in the squad who were not good enough but that he was not including himself in this.

TWTD also printed a photo of him, and it struck me how incredibly ugly he is. And before some smart@rse on here says that I am no oil painting - I take ugly pills, I wonder what Judge's excuse is.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:50 pm

rossi wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:27 pm
well I read the same interview on TWTD, and I have to agree with Liz in that I got the impression he was saying that there were a lot of players in the squad who were not good enough but that he was not including himself in this.

TWTD also printed a photo of him, and it struck me how incredibly ugly he is. And before some smart@rse on here says that I am no oil painting - I take ugly pills, I wonder what Judge's excuse is.
Read the article again and can’t see how yourself and Hallam are arriving at this.

Is it because he hasn’t said the words “myself included” anywhere when speaking about who can or can’t be trusted?

Perception is a weird thing. I read it as a positive interview from Judge. 🤷‍♂️

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:17 am

marko69 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:50 pm
rossi wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:27 pm

Read the article again and can’t see how yourself and Hallam are arriving at this.

Is it because he hasn’t said the words “myself included” anywhere when speaking about who can or can’t be trusted?

Perception is a weird thing. I read it as a positive interview from Judge. 🤷‍♂️
Just to muddy the waters, I have read Judge's comment three times now & can see both interpretations. Which is correct? I have no idea.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 am

that's definitely my take on it BB ….I didn't read the article from him expecting anything untoward, but it just kind of hit me between the eyes, "god , did he really just say that?" sort of reaction....

Hopefully he'll be one of those players on his bike in June .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:30 am

It is all about interpretation I guess as I read it the same as Marko, only Judge himself will know the truth.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am

Well personally I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't just repeating something that PC has said to the team/squad. Seems like players quite often just regurgitate what they have themselves been told. Dozzell & Jackson spring to mind in this regard. Dozzell in particular always seems to speak only in footballing cliches :-)

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:41 am

I read it as in trust to put in the hard work, or even perhaps more who is Cook's type of player, not really that there are a bunch of untrustworthy good for nothings in the squad, though I'm sure there are!

It might just be Judge putting his hand up and saying, I'm willing to work for you Mr Cook and I have the ability and desire to play the way you want me to. Wouldn't read much in to it really, we know there are freeloaders in the squad, Cook is here to weed them out.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am

Christ we'll need Percy Thrower to weed that much out.