Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Anyone going for a win?

Charlton Win
67%
Ipswich Win
22%
Draw
11%

Total votes: 18

hallamblue

Re: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:22 pm

Jackson - cart horse !!

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:23 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:12 pm
Was Ward made captain then subbed in the 70th min. Injured or just shyte?
Subbed. He's been decent today.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:23 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:22 pm
Jackson - cart horse !!
It's all double barrel names these days innit? Kayden Jackson-Carthorse.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:23 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:22 pm
Jackson - cart horse !!
Terrible.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:25 pm

KVY in defence.

KJC up front?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:26 pm

If they score from this we’ll have been robbed of a point imho

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:27 pm

FIVE more games of crap to go 👍

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:34 pm

Norwich promoted.

I can't remember when we last scored.

I hate this season.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:36 pm

Well radio Suffolk has just got more exciting

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:38 pm

JOHN DEERE wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:34 pm
Norwich promoted.

I hate this season.
1. Without having to kick a ball.

2. Same

3. Yep.

ipswichtownNo1

Post by ipswichtownNo1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 pm

JOHN DEERE wrote:
Norwich promoted.

I hate this season.
The I've hated the last 4!! And before that I've just been a bit meh about it all. Still spend my money on it though, its my team from when I went with my dad when he was still with us and I would love it to be my boys team as he gets older. There is finally something to look forward too and that is the summer transfer window and next season under Cook.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:53 pm

JOHN DEERE wrote:
Norwich promoted.

I hate this season.
Don’t worry we’ll be playing them the season after the next.👍
Scum , best funded championship outfit ever. 7 promotions in 17 years , and have never pushed on or consolidate in the PL and usually hang around the bottom four of the PL when they’re there. Biannual Yo-yo club

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 pm

Never understood this bile towards the budgies.

I'd happily take us going Prem/Champ/Prem/Champ rather than however many years in the Champ followed by League 1 :cry:

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:03 pm

Oh, and 370 minutes since our last goal apparently :astroll:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:10 pm

mugen1 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:00 pm

I'd happily take us going Prem/Champ/Prem/Champ rather than however many years in the Champ followed by League 1 :cry:
If you think that’s bad , I suggest to go onto the budgie forums and see the vitriol they spew about anything Ipswich.not really sure why you consider my post as “ bile”. I’m merely stating facts .
Last edited by hallamblue on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:10 pm

Yes it comes to something when poor old Prince Phillip spends more time in the box than all our strikers put together.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:16 pm

mugen1 wrote:

I don't like them but they're streets ahead of us in terms of progression and ambition. While we were f**king around with 13 years of non events with the Evans Group they were getting things done with owners and directors that actually cared or possesed a tangible interest. Not giving then anything other than that. Pains to say it but that's the reality of the situation.

Game today, another no score draw from us. f**king hell how many is that now. You can bet your as* they'll be another or two before the season is out. Appears we played better today but one point from it that contributes zero to the end of season. Didn't Cook say yesterday we can expect exciting attacking play from us and Charlton had get ready for a real test, or something of that nature.

Guess in another dimension it may have occurred but just reading up on another blank game from us. Maybe some positives to take from today however this team couldn't score in a (insert appropriate terminology here) A mass cull in the summer is just about near imperative.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Can't remember Cook saying anything about expecting attacking football. I think he was damn well honest in saying we struggle to get crosses in, struggle to get shots taken, and don't even go with shots on target. I could be wrong, maybe I didn't hear him but am sure Cook never mentioned exciting football

We were better today but still dismal in final third, rather have lost and attacked than draw with our stats.
Last edited by Steve and Jo on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:35 pm

No he didn't, he promised us nothing which is what we got really

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:37 pm

Four clean sheets in the last six matches!!! That's promotion form!!!...oh wait. :roll:

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:54 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:16 pm
mugen1 wrote:

I don't like them but they're streets ahead of us in terms of progression and ambition. While we were f**king around with 13 years of non events with the Evans Group they were getting things done with owners and directors that actually cared or possesed a tangible interest. Not giving then anything other than that. Pains to say it but that's the reality of the situation.

Game today, another no score draw from us. f**king hell how many is that now. You can bet your as* they'll be another or two before the season is out. Appears we played better today but one point from it that contributes zero to the end of season. Didn't Cook say yesterday we can expect exciting attacking play from us and Charlton had get ready for a real test, or something of that nature.

Guess in another dimension it may have occurred but just reading up on another blank game from us. Maybe some positives to take from today however this team couldn't score in a (insert appropriate terminology here) A mass cull in the summer is just about near imperative.
7 promotions , and relegations . Each time they are given over £100m (That’s a conservative figure)..... you’d expect them to be “streets ahead” on close to £1bn income from Pl coffers wouldnt you .

But all said snd done they are still just a well funded Championship Club, because they have never consolidated in the PL, and more to the point never LOOKED to even try to. You could almost say they’ve lacked ambition given the money they’ve received. Yes they have done well this season. But so they should on the money they’ve had.

I’ll say again these are simply the facts . No “ bile” , no vitriol just facts about what’s happened at their club . I’m not comparing in anyway to ITFC . I’m looking solely at what they have “ achieved “, and frankly I’d say not a lot . Nice academy and training ground , but what else ?

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:55 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:10 pm
Yes it comes to something when poor old Prince Phillip spends more time in the box than all our strikers put together.
:shock: :lol:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:44 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:53 pm
JOHN DEERE wrote:
Norwich promoted.

I hate this season.
Scum , best funded championship outfit ever. 7 promotions in 17 years , and have never pushed on or consolidate in the PL and usually hang around the bottom four of the PL when they’re there. Biannual Yo-yo club
Scum is bit ott ? Rivals yes but not scum. When i was in ipswich i went through to watch Norwich plenty of times a d always found them to be decent folks

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:55 pm

mugen1 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:03 pm
Oh, and 370 minutes since our last goal apparently :astroll:

I make it 440 mins since Judge score our second goal v Bristol Rovers on Good Friday.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:00 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:44 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:53 pm
JOHN DEERE wrote:
Norwich promoted.

I hate this season.
Scum is bit ott ? Rivals yes but not scum. When i was in ipswich i went through to watch Norwich plenty of times a d always found them to be decent folks
I think you’ll find it’s an historical and reciprocal terminology between the fans VR, and and yes they have some decent fans, just as Town do, and also some pillocks.....just as Ipswich do. It’s the nature of the sport at all clubs, sadly. But it pales into insignificance compared to some rivalries I think you’ll agree.

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:08 pm

hallamblue wrote:
mugen1 wrote:

If you think that’s bad , I suggest to go onto the budgie forums and see the vitriol they spew about anything Ipswich.not really sure why you consider my post as “ bile”. I’m merely stating facts .
I have never been on a NCFC forum and nor shall I, why would I?

Maybe something to do with your use of the word scum?

mugen1

Post by mugen1 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Bluemike wrote:
:mrgreen:

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:03 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:54 pm
saint jude wrote:
mugen1 wrote:

7 promotions , and relegations . Each time they are given over £100m (That’s a conservative figure)..... you’d expect them to be “streets ahead” on close to £1bn income from Pl coffers wouldnt you .

But all said snd done they are still just a well funded Championship Club, because they have never consolidated in the PL, and more to the point never LOOKED to even try to. You could almost say they’ve lacked ambition given the money they’ve received. Yes they have done well this season. But so they should on the money they’ve had.

I’ll say again these are simply the facts . No “ bile” , no vitriol just facts about what’s happened at their club . I’m not comparing in anyway to ITFC . I’m looking solely at what they have “ achieved “, and frankly I’d say not a lot . Nice academy and training ground , but what else ?
All clubs relegated from Prem are well funded but not many bounce back straight away. Some even drop another level. Norwich are superbly run and made a great appointment in Farke. For me they should be congratulated on their achievements this season. For me, Norwich and Ipswich are 2 very similar clubs with similar fans. Hopefully Ipswich over the next few seasons can get back to where they belong i.e. competing with Norwich

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:31 pm

Thankfully the ownership has changed and hopefully Ipswich Town FC can move back closer again in League status to NCFC. As it was going, it was heading towards a Stoke City / Port Vale scenario.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:02 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:03 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:54 pm
saint jude wrote:

All clubs relegated from Prem are well funded but not many bounce back straight away. Some even drop another level. Norwich are superbly run and made a great appointment in Farke. For me they should be congratulated on their achievements this season. For me, Norwich and Ipswich are 2 very similar clubs with similar fans. Hopefully Ipswich over the next few seasons can get back to where they belong i.e. competing with Norwich
Yip, my fingers are firmly crossed VR . We’ve had far too long in the doldrums. There’s a whole generation of Town fans that have had nothing but pain and disappointment. It’s about time that changed !