The Alternative Football Club Thread

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: The Alternative Football Club Thread

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 pm

I have no idea how we are bottom either tbh, we look a good side at our level. Yes Clyde is massive

saint jude

Post by saint jude » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:01 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:50 pm
I remember that. I don't remember the Lineker and Barca reference story but I do remember the game. And that really was a superb Dundee United team. Was actually gutted for them when they lost the UEFA Cup Final to Gothenburg in that year. (1987)

If it is on Beeb Scotland, I'll be tuning in. Cheers for the heads up.
They had a great squad in the 1980s, odd how it took until 1994 for them to accomplish a first Scottish Cup. r.e. 1987 they also got beat by St Mirren in the said Scots Cup Final, losing finalists in 1985 and 1988 (both times to Celtic) also just for good measure. Haven't looked this up, got no need to, just information stored over time and incidents you can remember.

Gothenburg would have been tough but not as tough as the Roma game in 1984 when they were screwed out of a place in the European Cup Final by a series of scandalous decisions and match rigging. That was as close they ever came to being Champions of Europe, they'll never get that near again. Too bad they were denied in the circumstances it were back then.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:48 pm

Melbourne Victory hammered 7-0 by Melbourne City, (what a loss in a big derby) and Victory manager, ex Hibs Grant Brebner sacked immediately at full time. Last I heard, he was doing ok, but I think it's rapidly been getting seriously worse for Grant.

saint jude

Post by saint jude » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:33 pm

The Scottish Cup is over for this season. Not so much being beaten but to lose to those bastards is something else. Won it enough times just recent and overall throughout competition history, the team were sh*t today and like here a mass clear-out is required for the summer.

First non trophy season at Celtic for over ten years, scenes like this don't happen all too often but admittedly we've had a crap year and pains to say it today's opposition have been value for the league win and victory today. Not going to dwell on it, just need to get back like before and regain stature you're used to.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:02 pm

Jay Emmanuel Thomas vs Hibs tonight. Just kicked off. Hopefully he doesn't continue his decent form.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Bit of cheatin' bstd is JET. That decision was a joke, but thankfully game over.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:44 pm

Changing the subject to something more interesting, :wink:

2018/19 Premier League Champions. Wolverhampton Wanderers, Runner Up, Everton,
2019/20 Premier League Champions, Leicester City. Runner Up Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Wolves declare themselves 2019 Premier League champions in response to breakaway plans.

Wolves have updated their Twitter page, declaring themselves Premier League champions 2018/19 in response to proposals of a breakaway European Super League involving six English clubs.

Wolves famously finished seventh over the campaign, behind the six sides who have committed to the proposals.

Following news of the breakaway league, there have been suggestions that clubs could be suspended from domestic competitions, whilst players could also be banned from partaking in international competitions.

Without the six sides included in the table, Wolves topped the remaining 14 clubs with 57 points, three points ahead of Everton.

Their performances over the campaign earned the club a spot in the Europa League, a competition now seemingly under serious threat through the new proposals.

The Wolves Twitter page now reads: "Official account of Wolverhampton Wanderers. Premier League Champions 2018/19", with a header image reading "One pack".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EzaCVFSXsAA ... name=small

And the following year we would be Runners up,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:56 pm

Funny stuff....... but the part about players being banned from International duty? Why?
What has the international scene got to do with any of it?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:19 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:56 pm
Funny stuff....... but the part about players being banned from International duty? Why?
What has the international scene got to do with any of it?
who knows mate, and how could they just wipe these clubs names of the history books,
The premier league has been conning the football league for years now so they can get off there high horses

But we are still claiming the title
2018/19 Premier League Champions. Wolverhampton Wanderers

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:40 am

This’ll put a different perspective on the pussies that play the “soccer”.

This, the Celtic v Rangers of the AFL, and they FECKIN HATE each other. Well worth the 6 minutes. The fighting is both hilarious and quite awesome. Toughest sport on the planet bar none.

https://afl.app.link/rOylm6XxGfb

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm

reminds me of the old annual friendly football match between the The Railway Inn, Sandwell, v The Trumpet in Bilston,
well it was meant to be annual but its takes around 5 yrs for things to settle before they play again lol

changing the subject a bit, this is amazing,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9TMn1FJzc

found this old flag mate, :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:12 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm
reminds me of the old annual friendly football match between the The Railway Inn, Sandwell, v The Trumpet in Bilston,
well it was meant to be annual but its takes around 5 yrs for things to settle before they play again lol
Haha, your home town have a fixture like this too? :lol: Up here there was The Gunner v The Doo'Cot......, police outnumbered players. Could get serious. Thankfully both pubs closed down now I think.

"Snakes on a Plane" ......, and now "Goats on a dam wall" ?

That's a dam wall for stopping water. Not a St Judy damn wall!

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:12 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:08 pm
Haha, your home town have a fixture like this too? :lol: Up here there was The Gunner v The Doo'Cot......, police outnumbered players. Could get serious. Thankfully both pubs closed down now I think.

"Snakes on a Plane" ......, and now "Goats on a dam wall" ?

That's a dam wall for stopping water. Not a St Judy damn wall!
i remember buying this baby goat when we move to the country, it could climb anything just like those, eat everything it shouldn't, what a laugh we had,

not like us to go off topic :?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:38 pm

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:54 pm

Unbelievable. Actually unbelievable. Best manager at the Mol for decades, ...... a big defeat and they want him out?

Unreal.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:51 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:54 pm
Unbelievable. Actually unbelievable. Best manager at the Mol for decades, ...... a big defeat and they want him out?

Unreal.
most of em are the newbies clubs seem to inherit, the older proper fans are 100% behind him,
we had to sell Jota to buy defenders, our strikers been out now most of the season, here's Johnny, Boly,and Mountino missed best part of season, Neto is out for 6 months.we have a sqaud of 18 out players so we are playing the kids, but they don't see that, trouble is when fans are let back in its these idiots who get the tickets..

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm

We will return :|

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:28 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:01 pm
We will return :|
our football will never return Mike,

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:12 am

Truly unbelievable

Albion Rovers' David Cox says he has quit football after claiming he was verbally abused about his mental health struggles by an opposition player.

Cox, 32, left the stadium at half-time of his side's game with Stenhousemuir and said he was taunted about his previous attempts to take his own life.

Stenhousemuir have brought the matter to the attention of the Scottish FA and started their own investigation.

"The club is aware of a verbal altercation," the League 2 club said.

"We have spoken to the players involved, David Cox (Albion Rovers) who was on the bench, and Jonathan Tiffoney (Stenhousemuir) who was playing.

"Both players are making claims of serious and wholly inappropriate comments being made during the game that have implications for player wellbeing and mental health.

"Whilst we accept that things can get said during a game, we believe the allegations are sufficiently serious enough to merit a more detailed investigation."

Footballer on verge of quitting due to tauntsCox goaded by players & fans over mental healthBartley urges social media companies to act

Former Annan Athletic and Cowdenbeath striker Cox has gone public a number of times about his battle with depression and the abuse he has received within the game.

In a social media video, the part-time player said: "Second half just starting Albion Rovers-Stenhousemuir and I have left the stadium. I wasn't playing tonight, I was on the bench.

"One of the boys in the Stenny team, we were having a bit of to and fro and they had a go at my mental health. Told me I should have done it right the first time.

"Some folk might not think it's a big deal, but I'm fed up listening to it. I don't get paid enough for it.

"If they had put me on the park, I'd probably have broken the boy's legs deliberately. I tried to speak to the referees about it, but they didn't want to know because they didn't hear it.

"So I'm going to do something about it and for me it's leaving the game. I'm done with it. I either keep playing and I'm going to batter somebody on the park, which is not good and will result in me being the bad one."

Albion Rovers said the "unforgivable incident... must not be downplayed" and that the team would have agreed to walk off the pitch had they been aware of what had happened.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Utter disgrace. And I do not think he's making that up. I hope something is done with regards to the Stenhousemuir player.

I'd personally sine die the f*cker. :twisted:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:28 pm

This, extremely alternative...... it’s aussie rules....... but I’m sure you’ll all appreciate the passion! :lol: (only 28 seconds)

https://youtu.be/OZAHCtWxqbo

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon May 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Barnsley v Swansea, Play off.

We lost one of my old buddies early this season to dementia , he played for Barnsley in the mid 50s, and England U21
over the last few years his memory slowly faded but one thing he did remember was his home town side Barnsley, and could talk to him for hours about them.
I really believe he's been helping them all this season,
Well tonight he will be looking down on his beloved side, and I say " Come on Barnsley win this for our Pete" RIP P.G.

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2021/ ... -obituary/

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm

Nuno HAD a dream.

Wolves: Nuno Espirito Santo to leave after four years as manager. :( :?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57204075
Last edited by goldandblack on Fri May 21, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat May 22, 2021 9:41 am

Come on Kelty Hearts, finish the job today......

tangfastic

Post by tangfastic » Sat May 22, 2021 9:55 am

goldandblack wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm
Nuno HAD a dream.

He did very well there. I can’t help feel that four years now is a long time in football management. Maybe if he’d stayed longer it would turn sour. He set high expectations with 7th place in the PL and fans tend to expect the same or more. Is there a bit of concern amongst the Wolves fans about the future?

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat May 22, 2021 2:40 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 9:55 am
goldandblack wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 8:07 pm
Nuno HAD a dream.

He did very well there. I can’t help feel that four years now is a long time in football management. Maybe if he’d stayed longer it would turn sour. He set high expectations with 7th place in the PL and fans tend to expect the same or more. Is there a bit of concern amongst the Wolves fans about the future?
I think its despicable, this season has been injury after injury, with a very small squad, What i understand is Nuno wanted to get in a bigger squad for next season, so can read between the lines there.
the owners have put the plans on ice to build the new stadium, so doesn't look good aye, but Wolves are doing what Wolves always do, shoot themselves in the foot.
I wonder who will get back to the Championship first, us or the Town, :?

we should be able to see exactly the direction these owners are going with the new managers appointment.

If any of these we are moving forward
Bruno Lage 4/7
Rafa Benitez 9/2
Sergio Conceicao 7/1
Paulo Fonseca 8/1
Ruben Amorim 12/1
If any of these its back to the Championship or lower,
Frank Lampard 12 /1
Eddie Howe 14/1
Pedro Martins 20/1
Roberto Martinez 20/1
Steven Gerrard 20/1
Sean Dyche 20/1
Steve Cooper 25/1
Patrick Vieria 25/1
Scott Parker 25/1
Andre Villas-Boas 25/1
Gareth Southgate 33/1
Chris Wilder 33/1
John Terry 33/1

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun May 23, 2021 8:11 pm

Nuno expresses thanks to Wolves fans following final game in charge at Molineux

Nuno Espirito Santo has bid his final farewell to Wolves fans and insists he is thankful for their support as he departs as manager.

and that Cheating Mike Dean ruing's the day, :?

Last edited by goldandblack on Sun May 30, 2021 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun May 30, 2021 10:25 pm

2021 TOYOTA AFL PREMIERSHIP
Round 11 • Brisbane Lions 129 v GWS Giants 65
Saturday 29 May 2021
at the GABBA,Brisbane

Brilliant Lions tear Giants to shreds
Watch the Highlights

https://www.afl.com.au/matches/3060#match-report

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:31 pm

Football is not enough... why Wolves are looking to follow in the footsteps of Red Bul.

I do think the corners at the Mol are a bit tight :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chairman Jeff Shi has claimed marketing the club on the back of football alone is “not enough” if they want to match the revenues of the Premier League’s elite.

During an Ask Wolves Q&A session posted on the Wolves official website, general manager of marketing and commercial growth Russell Jones compared the club’s vision to that of Red Bull.

The energy drink company owns two Formula One motor racing teams and several football clubs including RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg.

Jones explained: “We think of ourselves probably more of the Red Bull model than we do as a traditional football club.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... -red-bull/