Swindon Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Is it worth me putting a 'win' option in the Poll anymore?

Swindon Win
33%
Ipswich Win
42%
0-0
17%
Some other type of draw
8%

Total votes: 12

hallamblue

Re: Swindon Town vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by hallamblue » Sat May 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Big game between Derby and SWFC isn’t it . Might be worth watching that one. Personally I love it if Derby got relegated . I can’t stand them. But I also feel both Derby and Sheffield Weds are stronger outfits than the two that have just got promoted ( Hull and Posh), so next season will IMO be very very tough on a brand new Town squad . It ain’t going to be a walk in the park that’s for sure .

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun May 02, 2021 1:32 am

Just typed out a response and the f**king thing logged itself out, try again but more compact this time around.

Good to get a win and score again for first time since what seems prohibition. The relief is tangible and had reached levels of real embarrassment the longer it went on.

How poor must Swindon be in that we not only score twice against them but miss chance of a third with a penalty miss. They seem arguably the worst side this division can offer and shame for a club name that was top league status only a short time back.

Two games left or something, good to win today as feel it may well be the last instance of it until a new season arrives in August.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 am

Derby would struggle like hell initially at this level.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun May 02, 2021 10:00 am

In some ways, Rotherham could be a bigger threat than Derby or Sheffield Wednesday next season. They know this division and know how to get out of it. Derby and Wednesday might have the same problem as Sunderland and us. Having to adjust to this league and they might have a lot of problems like cutting costs, etc. I think I’d prefer Rotherham to stay up.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sun May 02, 2021 10:07 am

tangfastic wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:00 am
In some ways, Rotherham could be a bigger threat than Derby or Sheffield Wednesday next season. They know this division and know how to get out of it. Derby and Wednesday might have the same problem as Sunderland and us. Having to adjust to this league and they might have a lot of problems like cutting costs, etc. I think I’d prefer Rotherham to stay up.
I can see your logic. I was thinking similar initially but I'd still prefer to be taking on Rotherham than those 2. Having said that there is no guarantee that either would do well in League One as you say and Rotherham are well versed in getting out of it like Peterborough !
Can't believe Derby appointed Rooney in the position they were in at the time. Needed a round the block manager and proven.

I also think Wycombe will be a better side in League One next season for their experience in Championship

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun May 02, 2021 11:13 am

I reckon wycombe do a Yeovil and drop like a stone into non-league.