Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:05 am

I was going to say he is the one player we should fight to keep but upon reading that he again expressed his desire to leave then get rid. Downes is a quality player who will go on to have a decent career, of that I have no doubt whatsoever, I think if Ashton could get say 2 Million for him it would be acceptable under the circumstances.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:24 am

Part of me thinks they need to sell Downes if they are to land Crooks, although that one is going to be tough given the other clubs interested and the fee they want.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:05 am

Downes has never wanted to be at this Club since Palace came calling . He can f*ck off for all I care. With the quality of players coming into this club , he definitely won’t be missed . But he might be missing an opportunity of a life time because these American owners mean business .

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:43 am

Hallam I get you but time flies fast for these players. Now he's what 23? Maybe we get promotion this season and then let's dream of another one in say, 3 years. He will be 27 then and already in his prime.

I would say he would stand a great chance of getting some first team time at Bournemouth during this time and could quite likely be on loan next season to a Championship club. What would you choose?

If I were him I would be jumping at a chance like this too.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:48 am

I think Hallam’s going in a bit strong on this. I didn’t see him not give effort, but there comes a time when a player needs to leave. It’s a short career and his career could be over next game with one bad tackle. It’s not like he’s Keanon Bennetts who probably is a millionaire from Spurs/ Borrussia Monchengladbach without even doing sh*t - he’s at least earned a shot at a better level. Good luck to him and at least we’re aligned with him leaving and got replacements in already. It’s just business.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:52 am

Very good move for Flynn Downes if it happens. Is it a done deal? A very good season at shitty Bournemouth could get him an EPL move….. thats if the Cherries themselves don’t make it.

Not sure about him wanting away since Palace came looking. Is that something fans would know? Or just opinion? I think his injury played a large part in his slight fall from form. Huge future ahead and would’ve been great if he’d have been in the heart of the Ipswich midfield.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:59 am

tangfastic wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:48 am
It’s not like he’s Keanon Bennetts who probably is a millionaire from Spurs/ Borrussia Monchengladbach without even doing sh*t….
Correct if this was America, Tang…….., “without doing sh*t” …….. meaning like how you're meaning it ——->> he done fk all.

In So’f*ck, he did indeed “do sh*t”. :lol:

Joking aside……. He was woeful. The pizza joe Tortolano of Ipswich Town.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:52 pm

TWTD understands Town’s pursuit of former loanee Bersant Celina is still ongoing with a loan deal now looking more likely than an immediate permanent move.

As previously reported, discussions regarding the ambitious recruitment of the 24-year-old Kosovan international, who is currently with French side Dijon, have been in progress for a number of weeks with the forward understood to be seriously considering the chance to return to Portman Road.

We understand a loan with a view to a permanent switch next summer is now looking more likely than a full-time move now but with conversations between the parties continuing.

I think that a loan at first would be a good.👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:35 pm

https://youtu.be/_uCN5iQdQnc

Really nice guy. Hope he has every success.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Bristol City, Middlesbrough, Nottingham Forest and Stoke City are the latest clubs to be linked with Blues midfielder Flynn Downes.

The 22-year-old is currently training with the U23s having expressed a desire to move on this summer.

Earlier today, AFC Bournemouth were linked with the former England U19 international, while Peterborough and Barnsley had previously been reported to be among his suitors.

Hopefully jack the transfer fee up 👏👏

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:13 pm

Just watched a video of all Pigott's goals from last season, some quality finishes , I also noticed Five penalties all converted without a goalie so much as going the right way, we have a proper penalty taker on our hands too. Just need to get a few now.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:20 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:13 pm
Just watched a video of all Pigott's goals from last season, some quality finishes , I also noticed Five penalties all converted without a goalie so much as going the right way, we have a proper penalty taker on our hands too. Just need to get a few now.
Aw man, dont jinx it. Someone watched a Norwood goals video last season! That didnt end well.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Chalk and cheese, ones a footballer

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Probably the last one he took was against us…. and Cornell saved it. He was very good against us, though, and caught the eye.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:40 pm

Bluemike wrote:
I think he missed a few pens too, his conversation rate is around 2 in 3 I think.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Not worth signing then........

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi guys, I know I sound annoyed with Mr Downes. Perhaps it’s because I am. I like loyalty in any walk of life, and Downes had no be situation in signing a lengthy deal when we offered it to him. The very first sniff or a big money move and he wants away He clearly did down tools on the training pitch, so much so, that Lambert had to leave him out of the team for a good while. Then when he gets back in the side, he charges around like a headless chicken (full of anger and frustration because we wouldnt sell for peanuts to Palace), and promptly sustains a serious injury and then can’t play a anyway.

I suppose Im also ( rightly or wrongly) disengaged with him, because I’ve had conversations about him with a work colleague , who has had personal dealings with him, and I leave it at this, …he was not a particularly pleasant individual, but in many ways I wasn’t surprised by what I was told.

Dubai, I do get to a degree the part about time flys etc…but you show me ANY profession where a job or imcome is guaranteed these days. This old excuse of it’s a short career, wears a bit thin for me. No one has a job or income for life, and professional footballers earn a colossal amount of money (even at division three level), which only you or I could ever dream of. …..now you’re going to tell me you’re a multi- millionaire :lol: …( if so , can I have your number please ha ha !!)

Downes will leave soon, and all I want is a biding war between prospective buyers so we can get the best price possible. I’d far rathe4 have player here who want to be here. It’s noticeable that of the “Bomb squad”, only young Dobra has come forward and nailed his colours to the flag pole and convinced Cook he really wants too fight for his place. I like and respect him so much for that, because he won’t be automatic 1st choice once all targets are in the Club…but he’s willing to fight for his place and shows it ever shows his desire every time he’s got that first team shirt on. The rest of them and showing their true colours as far as I can see, and Cook has rightly called them out. The sooner they are gone the better.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:15 pm

Perfect

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Think if Ipswich Town have genuine aspirations of getting out of this abyss of a league and back into the Championship, then I think this “loyalty” thing should be shelved. Starting by striving to keep championship level players at a League One club.

Hallam, i know plenty of people who know people at Easter Road. Try not listen to peoples bullshit unless you’ve maybe got a chance of catching up with Flynn at one of those club & fans events they sometimes have annually.

“Not a pleasant individual!” :lol: Come on, Hallam. Don’t listen to that sh*te.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:36 pm

This comment was made by a very level headed medical secretary who was actually trying to help him, marko, not even a football fan. In fact they didn’t even know who or what Downes was…..and that’s not to say he’s “ anyone of note” lol .

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:36 pm
This comment was made by a very level headed medical secretary who was actually trying to help him, marko, not even a football fan. In fact they didn’t even know who or what Downes was…..and that’s not to say he’s “ anyone of note” lol .

Oh dear…….. thats not very professional from a medical sec, Hallam. Shouldn’t he/she be keeping his/her trap shut in ANY aspect of Flynn Downes’ “goings on”?

I dunno, …… I personally was already a fairly skeptical person but this past 18 months has made me worse. Bluemike once made a comment about Jeremy Vine being an arse and i couldnt believe it………. But Mike was right. Quit listening MONTHS ago. I know its not him as such, (its scripted towards “news”) but its the journalism he’s made himself part of. Its just “wind up the public” bullshit.

And so, summing up..,,,.. going to stop reading the transfer thread. :lol:
Is there a Cheesburger thread?

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:42 pm

Hallam I don't think you need to defend yourself. I would agree with your sentiments in general. It's just that we forget that our passion is the careers of a number of young lads (and ladies if you follow the ladies team) who are born, work for as long as they can, enjoy a hopefully comfortable retirement and then die. There is nothing after that. Just as we should, they need to take opportunities enthusiastically when they arise and try to achieve as much as they can. Otherwise what's the point?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:50 pm

Downes : not a hope in hell of us getting this but I’d laugh my sox off if we did . Football is mental .

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/f ... es-5645684

DB , yes I take your point . It’s emotional being a fan isn’t it lol !

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:56 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Oh dear…….. thats not very professional from a medical sec, Hallam. Shouldn’t he/she be keeping his/her trap shut in ANY aspect of Flynn Downes’ “goings on”?

I dunno, …… I personally was already a fairly skeptical person but this past 18 months has made me worse. Bluemike once made a comment about Jeremy Vine being an arse and i couldnt believe it………. But Mike was right. Quit listening MONTHS ago. I know its not him as such, (its scripted towards “news”) but its the journalism he’s made himself part of. Its just “wind up the public” bullshit.

Yes , it was said to me in confidence which is why I’m not putting specific detail , and I won’t say anymore . But I was trying to allude to the fact that he’s no angel ( I’m trying to be polite here ) .

I’m saying no more on him . I hope you’ll understand x

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:23 am

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:56 pm
marko69 wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:01 pm
hallamblue wrote:

Yes , it was said to me in confidence which is why I’m not putting specific detail , and I won’t say anymore . But I was trying to allude to the fact that he’s no angel ( I’m trying to be polite here ) .

I’m saying no more on him . I hope you’ll understand x
Hahaha, Hallam, x ……, please carry on saying all that you say because you’re the absolute best. And Dubai is correct in saying you don’t need to defend yourself,…… of course you don’t. Jaysus H 🤷‍♂️…… i wasn’t calling out what YOU were saying……. But i do call out the people who “tell us” stuff……., ie, that medical sec.
Its a joke in my family where i just know they say, “dont tell dad that!” :lol:
The daughter will say, “Did you hear about …..,”
I’m like, “Aye? Who told you that? And how do they know?!” 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:30 pm

Looks like Liam Gibbs is going to Norwich. Talk of 500k compensation.

Might be handy money that could push deals like the Crooks one through.

If he was still here - would we expect him to tear up League one next season? Don’t think so. Pity he’s going to Norwich, though.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:51 pm

Yep, the clearout continues and all funds raised are presumably added to turnover to calculate our allowed salary expenses for the season, quite apart from being available to spend.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:12 pm

Clearly Cook isn't overly bothered or he would be staying seeing as both parties weren't far apart. Hey ho.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:07 pm

Ipswich Town are closing in on the signing of MK Dons midfielder Scott Fraser, we understand.

Fraser, 26, scored 14 goals and provided six assists last season as Russell Martin’s men finished 13th in League One.

He is now in the final year of his contract at Stadium MK.

When linked to newly-promoted Championship club Hull City earlier this summer, it was reported that he would cost ‘a significant six-figure fee’. Wigan have also been credited with interest.

Fraser was left out of MK Dons’ squad for a 3-1 win over King's Lynn Town last night.

Martin explained: “We’ve rejected a bid, a good bid, but discussions are ongoing and I didn’t think it was right to include him tonight.

“There has been a lot of discussion about his future over the summer.

“He's come back and trained and is in great condition, but then it's come to light about this interest. People have eight weeks to get business done, but then wait to do it two weeks into pre-season.

“But that's all I can tell you really - we'll wait to see how that

“We know what Scotty can bring, we saw it last season. If he stays, brilliant, fantastic. But if we get to a point when it's a good deal for everyone then so be it. We have players ready and lined up to take the mantle.”

Milton Keynes Dons' Scott Fraser (left) celebrates scoring their side's first goal of the game with
Scott Fraser (left) provided 14 goals and six assists for MK Dons last season. Photo: PA

Prior to last season, Fraser had enjoyed two impressive seasons at third-tier level with Burton Albion, providing nine goals and 14 assists in 2019/20.

The Scot came through the youth ranks at Dundee United and made more than 100 appearances for the club before moving south of the border in 2018.

He will become the Blues’ eighth summer signing following on from the additions of Vaclav Hladky, Matt Penney, Rekeem Harper, Lee Evans, Wes Burns, Macauley Bonne and Joe Pigott.

Taken from EADT

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:21 pm

He's been at Portman road today so I would think he is second choice and Crooks won't be coming, likes to score goals 14 last season and a good age.👍