Ghost Stories or Eerie happenings.

A place to chat about anything thats not football related. Most of the threads in here are completely pointless which is why people keep coming back and back. As the forum title suggests, feel free to make any post you want on any subject you wish. It also has Adult jokes (so be warned) which is the other reason people keep coming back.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

goldandblack

Ghost Stories or Eerie happenings.

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:59 pm

Ghost Stories or Eerie happenings to share. :shock:

My first encounter,
I was 15yrs old and an apprentice Antique Cabinet maker
We used to work to 7pm in the evening,
Every day at 6.45pm Jim the gardener used to pull this cart full of rubbish past the window
and burn it at the bottom of the grounds,
this was our sign to start packing up to knock off,
Anyway this night it was dark and we see the gardeners shadow and cart go past the window
But didn’t light the fire, anyway we see his shadow pull this cart back past the window,
When we knocked off the cart was back where he kept it.
The next morning the boss came in the workshop,
He said he was very sad to say that Jim the gardener had died the afternoon the day before.
He had died a few hours before we see him, and nobody had moved that cart the night before.
Never happened again,

Must be loads of Stories, I know I have,

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ghost Stories or Eerie happenings.

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:23 pm

Scary stuff. :shock:

Got to be honest, I know a ton of tales but they’ve all been told to me over the years. Never happened to me personally. I will dig deep into the memory bank and put a few on here.

Only thing that ever happened to me was when i was a 2nd year apprentice working in a massive house on Midmar Avenue in Edinburgh. (Google map it….., big houses)…….
No mobile phones but boss Eddie (RIP) got a phone call to the house itself from a Scottish Gas depot guy saying there was a hospital emergency with his wife. So he left, but told me to finish piping up the radiators in the big lounge before going home.

It was November time so, dark by 3:30pm.
House is empty, Eddie away……, i’m below the floorboards with my wander-lamp, installing the pipework, its quiet……. Then, all of a sudden, the Hi-Fi starts blasting in the room above. To say i fkn shat a brick is an understatement. It was blasting “sledgehammer” by Peter Gabriel. 🤷‍♂️ I crawled out from under the floor, music still blasting. Not a soul in sight. There was a record playing on the turntable……. Needle on the vinyl??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I quickly……. Usain Bolt speed, got tidied up and fecked off for the bus home.
Turns out, it was a state of the art Technics Hi-Fi that was programmed to come on, but I wasnt to know that. Not quite a ghost story but it was for a while. Well, until the next morning when Eddie said, “Its on a timer you fkn muppet.”

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:55 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:23 pm
Scary stuff. :shock:

Got to be honest, I know a ton of tales but they’ve all been told to me over the years. Never happened to me personally. I will dig deep into the memory bank and put a few on here.

Only thing that ever happened to me was when i was a 2nd year apprentice working in a massive house on Midmar Avenue in Edinburgh. (Google map it….., big houses)…….
No mobile phones but boss Eddie (RIP) got a phone call to the house itself from a Scottish Gas depot guy saying there was a hospital emergency with his wife. So he left, but told me to finish piping up the radiators in the big lounge before going home.

It was November time so, dark by 3:30pm.
House is empty, Eddie away……, i’m below the floorboards with my wander-lamp, installing the pipework, its quiet……. Then, all of a sudden, the Hi-Fi starts blasting in the room above. To say i fkn shat a brick is an understatement. It was blasting “sledgehammer” by Peter Gabriel. 🤷‍♂️ I crawled out from under the floor, music still blasting. Not a soul in sight. There was a record playing on the turntable……. Needle on the vinyl??? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I quickly……. Usain Bolt speed, got tidied up and fecked off for the bus home.
Turns out, it was a state of the art Technics Hi-Fi that was programmed to come on, but I wasnt to know that. Not quite a ghost story but it was for a while. Well, until the next morning when Eddie said, “Its on a timer you fkn muppet.”
:lol: :lol:
Yeah think i would have been outta there just after you mate, not because of the spooky stuff, i just couldn't stand the choice of music .. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:23 pm

When my Grandad died I begged my Mum to let me have something to remind me of him. I chose a Hat that I gave him for Xmas the Year before he died. I kept the Hat under my Pillow so I could keep it close to me. I would wake up each Night screaming and crying because I could feel something pressing down on my Feet.

So when I came Home from School a few days later my Mum told me she had chucked the Hat away. I was so upset and angry but i never had that feeling again.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:53 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:23 pm
When my Grandad died I begged my Mum to let me have something to remind me of him. I chose a Hat that I gave him for Xmas the Year before he died. I kept the Hat under my Pillow so I could keep it close to me. I would wake up each Night screaming and crying because I could feel something pressing down on my Feet.

So when I came Home from School a few days later my Mum told me she had chucked the Hat away. I was so upset and angry but i never had that feeling again.
that sounds like an incident my son had when he was young, we had just moved to another house, my son said he woke up in the night with this old lady sitting at the end of his bed, he said it was like someone was sitting on his legs,
Anyway this happened a few times, we were talking to our new neighbours and they said the old lady that lived in our house had recently died.

we borrowed a picture that the family next door had of themselves with her on it and left it on our table, when my son came home he looked at that picture and pointed out the lady that had the end of his bed, :shock:

Anyway he said this old lady was very nice and it didn't bother him, after that he never see her again.

I think it was a way your Grandad was saying he's OK and watching over you Lucy, apparently this old lady had a son that slept in that room,
nobody else in my family heard or see anything in that house,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:14 pm

Very strange. But probably an explanation as to why all these types of scenarios happen, ie, dead person not long passed ——>> sightings and feelings etc. Its the brain playing tricks.
My aunt paid a psychiatrist a shedload of cash early 80s……., basically my grandad wouldn't stop sitting on her bed, days, weeks & months after he passed. He gradually stopped. But why would he stop? Time was the healer and her overactive mind stopped playing tricks. Not pi$$ing on the thread but in those scenarios, i belief it is just grief causing this.

Other scenarios are a bit more Weird. College lecturer Mike once told us that he was servicing a boiler in the Bonaly Area of Edinburgh. The house was next to the water of Leith. The boiler was in an outhouse. The woman left him there to get on with his job and brought him tea and biscuits. A young lad entered the outhouse and started talking to Mike. Mike asked him why he wasn’t at school. The young lad told him that he told his mum he wasn’t feeling well But that he’d lied because he wanted to go fishing in the water of Leith.
A few minutes past in silence then Mike asked what school he went to. There was no reply. Mike turned around and the lad wasn’t there.
When the job is finished, Mike called the woman down. Showed her what he’d done and then walked out of the outhouse. She Started to lock the door and Mike said, “better make sure the young chap is out of there before you lock it. “

This then led to the woman explaining to Mike that the young lad turns up quite a lot. He drowned in the water of Leith in the 20s. Pretty scary stuff.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:46 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:14 pm
Very strange. But probably an explanation as to why all these types of scenarios happen, ie, dead person not long passed ——>> sightings and feelings etc. Its the brain playing tricks.
My aunt paid a psychiatrist a shedload of cash early 80s……., basically my grandad wouldn't stop sitting on her bed, days, weeks & months after he passed. He gradually stopped. But why would he stop? Time was the healer and her overactive mind stopped playing tricks. Not pi$$ing on the thread but in those scenarios, i belief it is just grief causing this.

Other scenarios are a bit more Weird. College lecturer Mike once told us that he was servicing a boiler in the Bonaly Area of Edinburgh. The house was next to the water of Leith. The boiler was in an outhouse. The woman left him there to get on with his job and brought him tea and biscuits. A young lad entered the outhouse and started talking to Mike. Mike asked him why he wasn’t at school. The young lad told him that he told his mum he wasn’t feeling well But that he’d lied because he wanted to go fishing in the water of Leith.
A few minutes past in silence then Mike asked what school he went to. There was no reply. Mike turned around and the lad wasn’t there.
When the job is finished, Mike called the woman down. Showed her what he’d done and then walked out of the outhouse. She Started to lock the door and Mike said, “better make sure the young chap is out of there before you lock it. “

This then led to the woman explaining to Mike that the young lad turns up quite a lot. He drowned in the water of Leith in the 20s. Pretty scary stuff.

yeah im a sceptic on these things myself. But my son didn't know anything about this old lady did he,

another mystery, My Mother in Law was in hospital, I was driving home and had to stop and pick up a box of drinking glasses,
pulled up and got out, heard this familiar voices saying" you haven't got time to be stopping here John,"

i looked round and there was what looked like my brother in-law up on this scaffold in his blue overalls he always wore on the building sites,
trouble was my brother in-law had died near on 5 yrs before, so it couldn't be him could it,

when i got home my wife said we had to get to the hospital quick and her mum had taken a turn for the worse,

We drove past where i saw the bro in-law and there was no scaffolding there or him., :shock:

Anyway got to the hospital and she had passed away. RIP Dolly,

At the funeral wake we were talking about me seeing the bro in law and this religious sort of woman said when folk pass a close dead relation would come back and take them,

I still have my doubts but where did the scaffold go. speaking to the fella i picked the glasses up from said there was never any scaffold across the road from him,

I have another story that still gives me the creeps, it has been going on 20 odd years, you really wont believe it,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:23 pm

Yeah, apologies……. I was referring to “family” members croaking it. Didn't state that did I ?

lucy

Post by lucy » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:35 pm

My Mum would say she could see my Grandad sitting on her Wardrobe just smiling at her.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:58 pm

lucy wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:35 pm
My Mum would say she could see my Grandad sitting on her Wardrobe just smiling at her.
What was your response to that, Lucille? Did that scare you? Or did you think (to yourself) that it was her imagination?

Or do you think it could’ve been your grandad?

Frosty
Forum Owner

Post by Frosty » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:39 am

Awesome thread folks, will post a story when back from holiday

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:27 am

Me and my buddy, Paul were contracted to install new gas central heating in a bungalow house in Whitburn, east central Scotland. We arrived on the Monday morning. The gentleman who owned the house explained how he wanted one particular gas pipe to be run from below the floor, up through a pipe box in the kitchen into the attic, across the attic and then drop down through a lounge cupboard to serve a gas fire in that lounge. He then left the house and said he'd be back around 5pm.

Around 2pm there was a knock at the front door. Paul was in the attic at the time and I was in the kitchen, so I made my way to the front door and opened it. A young woman introduced herself as the owner's work colleague and told us that the man had died at his work of a very tragic, massive heart attack. The instruction she gave us, (which was apparently the instruction from another family member) was to carry on with the job as planned, and she gave us a set of keys so we could gain access the next day. We couldn't believe it really, as he looked completely fine before he left earlier that morning.

The next day we were both back at the job and once again Paul was back in the attic installing some heating pipe work. I had just finished putting a copper gas pipe through the ceiling into the attic for Paul to connect to. I then had an unforgivable urge to cause havoc. I decided to whisper some words up through the gas pipe into the attic. In this very haunting, raspy, whispering, ghost voice, I said something like, "aaaahhhh, carry on young man, finish my work, aaaahhhh, sorry I can't speak with you again, aaaahhhh, thank you young man...."

There was a high pitched scream from the attic, followed by a pipe bending machine falling, more screams, crashing, falling, even more screams, and then footsteps crashing down the metal attic ladder. In the meantime, I have manoeuvred myself to another part of the house. I walked out of a bedroom and said, "WTF is going on?"
There, in a heap, on the hall carpet floor, at the foot of the attic ladder was Paul. Puffing, panting looking like he had saw (or heard) a ghost. He tried to explain what he had heard whilst wiping beads of sweat from his forehead. I asked him if he was trying to scare me because I didn't like what he was saying, (making it all the more authentic). He was desperately trying to convince me that the dead guy spoke to him, apologising for dying, and to finish the job. He also convinced me that under no circumstances was he going into that "f**king " attic again.
The prank gave me extra work as I had to finish the gas pipe in the attic.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:04 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:27 am
Me and my buddy, Paul were contracted to install new gas central heating in a bungalow house in Whitburn, east central Scotland. We arrived on the Monday morning. The gentleman who owned the house explained how he wanted one particular gas pipe to be run from below the floor, up through a pipe box in the kitchen into the attic, across the attic and then drop down through a lounge cupboard to serve a gas fire in that lounge. He then left the house and said he'd be back around 5pm.

Around 2pm there was a knock at the front door. Paul was in the attic at the time and I was in the kitchen, so I made my way to the front door and opened it. A young woman introduced herself as the owner's work colleague and told us that the man had died at his work of a very tragic, massive heart attack. The instruction she gave us, (which was apparently the instruction from another family member) was to carry on with the job as planned, and she gave us a set of keys so we could gain access the next day. We couldn't believe it really, as he looked completely fine before he left earlier that morning.

The next day we were both back at the job and once again Paul was back in the attic installing some heating pipe work. I had just finished putting a copper gas pipe through the ceiling into the attic for Paul to connect to. I then had an unforgivable urge to cause havoc. I decided to whisper some words up through the gas pipe into the attic. In this very haunting, raspy, whispering, ghost voice, I said something like, "aaaahhhh, carry on young man, finish my work, aaaahhhh, sorry I can't speak with you again, aaaahhhh, thank you young man...."

There was a high pitched scream from the attic, followed by a pipe bending machine falling, more screams, crashing, falling, even more screams, and then footsteps crashing down the metal attic ladder. In the meantime, I have manoeuvred myself to another part of the house. I walked out of a bedroom and said, "WTF is going on?"
There, in a heap, on the hall carpet floor, at the foot of the attic ladder was Paul. Puffing, panting looking like he had saw (or heard) a ghost. He tried to explain what he had heard whilst wiping beads of sweat from his forehead. I asked him if he was trying to scare me because I didn't like what he was saying, (making it all the more authentic). He was desperately trying to convince me that the dead guy spoke to him, apologising for dying, and to finish the job. He also convinced me that under no circumstances was he going into that "f**king " attic again.
The prank gave me extra work as I had to finish the gas pipe in the attic.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad i don't work with you Marco,

cant really criticize your actions tho , my oldest Bro had a bedroom room next to ours, outside of the bedroom windows there was a flat roof, I used to climb out of the window in the dead of the night and tap on his window and make scratching sounds on it then hide, used to see his light come on and him looking out the window a bit wary ,
Anyway i got this costume of a Scary Wolf, put it on, climbed out of the window and taped on his window and stayed there. when he pulled the curtains he probably woke the whole street up :lol: :lol: but this was the really scary bit, next door was exactly the same design, when i turned round there was this bloke breaking into their house, when he see me he screamed and actually jumped of the roof and legged it,well limped off very fast :)

My brother RIP never really did forgive me for that,

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:19 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: 👍👏👏👏👏

That burglar telling that story to his burglar pals?! :lol: Love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:57 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:19 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: 👍👏👏👏👏

That burglar telling that story to his burglar pals?! :lol: Love to be a fly on the wall during that conversation.
:lol: will never forget his face when he saw me, :lol: must admit i got back through that window at record speed, and kept that window shut for ages, :shock:

Another little ghostly prank that back fired.
The local theatre used to store there props in this warehouse where my dad worked, there was this full size cardboard cut out of TV's Alf Garnets wife in a greyish colour,
Next to this warehouse was a small reservoir that we used to fish, one night we were going to fish there all night. I laid this thing down on the other side of the water before they got there, so when it got dark i sneaked round the other side and stood this thing up looking at us.
Anyway at dawn there was this mist over the water and i heard one of the kids say, What's that over there, i said it was just a bush, as it got lighter you could see this weird shape of a lady in white, god you've never seen folk so scared, Next thing it started moving along the bank, most of the kids were on there bikes and gone, and I was ready to leg it myself, then my brother stood up next to this thing and laughing said it was him behind it, he had sussed what i had done,

lucy

Post by lucy » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:44 am

What other story g+b Must be really creepy if 20 years old.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:25 pm

lucy wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:44 am
Well Lucy, this next story has lasted over the last 20 yrs, even last week there was an incident that was a bit of a scratch yer head time,
up until about 10 yrs ago i put it all down to mind games, this one particular evening it was proved it had to be for real. And an independent witness who i had never met before saw this incredible moment.

Long story worth waiting for, and waiting for Spielberg to get back to me to make a film LOL.

Just an introduction to this true story..
After many years of incidents i worked it out when/might have been when it all started,I Supplied a Licensed Bar and the Catering at these 13th century, Knights Templar Barns,
Last edited by goldandblack on Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:10 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:25 pm
lucy wrote:
Well Lucy, this next story has lasted over the last 20/25 yrs, even last week there was an incident that was a bit of a scratch yer head time,
up until about 10 yrs ago i put it all down to mind games, this one particular evening it was proved it had to be for real. And an independent witness who i had never met before saw this incredible moment.

Long story worth waiting for, and waiting for Spielberg to get back to me to make a film LOL.

After many years of incidents i worked it out when/might have been when it all started,I Supplied a Licensed Bar and the Catering at these 13th century, Knights Templar Barns,
COME ON! Spit it out......., get on with it! :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:41 pm

marko69 wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:10 pm
goldandblack wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:25 pm
lucy wrote:
Well Lucy, this next story has lasted over the last 20/25 yrs, even last week there was an incident that was a bit of a scratch yer head time,

COME ON! Spit it out......., get on with it! :lol:
8)
Well its a bit of a long story, suppose i could do it as say as one of those 3 part series type tv thingys. Thrillers,
Anyway have worked it out and it was only 16yrs ago so plenty of time , :)

Well how about a shorter story or two involving my bro and his mate,

Story One, the bro and his mate were like ghost hunters, there was this place about 15 miles away near this famous old Rectory, and apparently once a year this horses and carriage comes down this country lane at midnight,

So they set up near to this bungalow in this lane, apparently there was loads of other people there including these Americans set up near me Bro.

Midnight was approaching and this fog came down, Midnight arrived and nothing, then a bit later all these people were packing up when they heard this weird noise coming down the lane and it sounded like a carriage being pulled by horses,

this is the best part, my bro said " he heard all this swearing and shouting coming from this cottage, these Americans on hearing this carriage coming down thee lane had legged it and jumped thro this open window and landed on someone's bed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by goldandblack on Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:17 pm

Story Two
As told to me
The Bro and his girlfriend were into Country and Western, one night they had been out to a Country and Western Dance, when they left the hall there was this old lady waiting at the bus stop, this was getting on for midnight so seemed a bit strange, they stopped and asked if she wanted a lift anywhere, this old lady said to the next village and got in his car, when they were about to go though this village they asked where she lived to drop her off, when they looked in the back seat there was nobody there, :shock:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:52 am

BOTH of them witnessed the old lady?

I must say, got to applaud both your bro and girlfriend for sharing their experience. That just WOULD NOT go over well here in Scotland and certainly not in my family! :lol:
The pi$$ would’ve been taken so bad, it’d bring on a whole new type of isolation!

My wee cousins pal, David, once shared with him that he was abducted by aliens. They were both in 1st year High School, i was in 4th year, same school……… and poor David trusted the cuz! BAD MOVE!!
David was called “ET” until he left school. :lol: They are still buddies to this day and his nickname actually is ET. David is totally cool with it now. 👍 :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:44 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:52 am
BOTH of them witnessed the old lady?

I must say, got to applaud both your bro and girlfriend for sharing their experience. That just WOULD NOT go over well here in Scotland and certainly not in my family! :lol:
The pi$$ would’ve been taken so bad, it’d bring on a whole new type of isolation!

My wee cousins pal, David, once shared with him that he was abducted by aliens. They were both in 1st year High School, i was in 4th year, same school……… and poor David trusted the cuz! BAD MOVE!!
David was called “ET” until he left school. :lol: They are still buddies to this day and his nickname actually is ET. David is totally cool with it now. 👍 :lol:
:lol:
He was well into this mystery stuff but his girlfriend seemed normal, :shock:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Right let this story begin,
Lucy I'll tell you when you can come out from behind that sofa, :wink:

The story goes back to 2005, this is when I believe this eerie saga started,
We supplied the Bars and Catering for weddings Receptions and other events.
This particular function was held in these 13th century, Knights Templar Barns.

Started setting up on the Thursday for the Saturday.
While setting up the bar in this old barn we got this feeling that we were being watched
And one of the lads kept saying there was this shadow moving over the other end of the barn
Must admit I didn’t see anything but this place had that really eerie feeling.

The security fella said he would lock up when we were off. It was getting dark as we pulled away, as we pulled away I saw this shadow of what I thought was the security fella watching us go, when we got to the exit gate the security bloke said “ right I’ll go and lock up” I said I think one of your team was doing it as we left. He said “no I am the only person here”, so I thought I must have imagined
It,
The next day we were setting up the hog roast and BBQ outside this barn, we kept hearing glasses rattling behind our bar but there was nothing there, on one occasion we heard this crash coming from the barn, when I looked thro the door I saw this shadow go from the bar area to the other side of the barn and disappear, one of our cash registers had chucked itself on the floor,

Mentioned all this to the security fella who said he had seen loads of weird stuff in these barns and just got used to it.
Anyway finished setting up and was leaving, again I looked back and there was this outline of someone standing there watching us go, now we were getting seriously on edge,
On the day of the function we got there around 5 am in the dark to start roasting the pig and setting all the beers and drinks up. (Yes Marco SPIRITS as well before you say it)
All seemed OK and and no eerie incidents, Until the function actually started, then it really kicked off which was hard to explain, . :shock:

Right you can come out now Lucy, and Marco get down from that wardrobe 8)
well until the next part of the story, :?

to be continued.

ImageImage

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Mystery Continues.

So we are all ready for the arrival of the guests, the arrival drinks are ready to pour, and the bar is all working OK. The staff have all turned up,
The Hog roast and the rest of the catering is ready, nothing unusual has happened.
Then it all kicks off, as the guests walk in to get their arrival drink the table with champagne flutes
starts shaking, flutes are fallen over, staff and guests looked shocked.
We quickly put the flutes back in the boxes and took them out one at a time,
Got that done and survived,

All OK again until the bar opened, the bitters and lagers started frothing up, was working perfectly before, on the back of these remote coolers is a switch to turn the water to ice, both coolers switches had been turned off.
Right back on track, The hog roast was set up to carve, went to get the trays of sausages being kept hot on the bbq, this whole BBQ tipped backwards and the trays slipped off the back luckily the lids stayed on the Chafing Dishes, I said to this lad “ no need to laugh” he said it wasn’t him “
But I defiantly heard this laugh,
Right got all this served and nothing else happened all evening,
The next day we were clearing the site, I checked the legs on the BBQ, the back legs had somehow dug into the ground over 16”, which seemed impossible as we needed a hammer to drive the stakes into the same ground for the catering tent,

thinking we were glad this function was over as we were leaving, then one of the wheels fell off our trailer as we were going up the road, got out to put it back and the nuts were gone,
Walked back to where we had parked and there they were, as if someone /something had removed them exactly where we had parked. Walking away this lad sad, "did you hear that laugh" :shock:

Ive done many functions at this place and nothing ever happened before, only in this one barn.
Soon after many eerie things started happening in and around my lock up on this farm, one incident actually put the wind up the farmer so much he wouldn't go near my lock up after dark,it sounded way over the top to believe , this week I looked up on the net if this place had any history of ghosts and I couldn’t believe what I found out, and now thinking back, this farmer was right what he saw, :shock:

Gave me the shivers, that’s another story.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Read this twice now, Wolfie and the only conclusion I can come to is ----->> minor earthquake. A tremor of maybe 3.7 on the "wrecked it" scale.
Yep, tremor and a "nut" clepto present!"

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:27 pm

marko69 wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:43 pm
Read this twice now, Wolfie and the only conclusion I can come to is ----->> minor earthquake. A tremor of maybe 3.7 on the "wrecked it" scale.
Yep, tremor and a "nut" clepto present!"
Could well have been :lol: to be honest i didn't really worry to much about the sub normal stuff but more about someone was messing about,but that barbecue was just a flat table like bbq with 4 legs, the ground was rock hard and how did just 2 legs dig in up to 16" deep and tip back,
Also the glasses shaking and moving was just the start of the mystery's over the next 16 odd yrs
anyway the next bit with the farmer and my lock up makes yer wonder :shock: oh and the Brazilian illegal immigrants :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm waiting on Frosty's story 8)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Ok here is one that got my Uncle Ralph an absolute kickin from Uncle John, (both brothers of my mother)

Their uncle, Uncle Francis died. For years, John spoke about these ivory type glasses Uncle Francis used to wear and that he wanted them when he died. He never did tell Uncle Francis that he wanted them.

Fast forward. Francis croaks it.

About a month later, John is in bed. A voice starts......, "Joooohn. I hear you wanted my glasses, Jooooohn. They're are yours son...... you can have the glasses, Jooooohn...."
John jumps up out of bed, tripping, falling, crashing all over the place and runs downstairs into the lounge.
There, Ralph and his best mate Ally are pi$$in themselves, physically rolling on the floor laughing.
Ralph had set up a C60 cassette to start recording his message 10 minutes after John got into bed.

Ralph had a black eye for a least a month. John didn't miss him! :lol: :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:46 pm
Ok here is one that got my Uncle Ralph an absolute kickin from Uncle John, (both brothers of my mother)

Their uncle, Uncle Francis died. For years, John spoke about these ivory type glasses Uncle Francis used to wear and that he wanted them when he died. He never did tell Uncle Francis that he wanted them.

Fast forward. Francis croaks it.

About a month later, John is in bed. A voice starts......, "Joooohn. I hear you wanted my glasses, Jooooohn. They're are yours son...... you can have the glasses, Jooooohn...."
John jumps up out of bed, tripping, falling, crashing all over the place and runs downstairs into the lounge.
There, Ralph and his best mate Ally are pi$$in themselves, physically rolling on the floor laughing.
Ralph had set up a C60 cassette to start recording his message 10 minutes after John got into bed.

Ralph had a black eye for a least a month. John didn't miss him! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: just no sense of humour that Uncle John, reminds me of a prank we pulled on this fella, not the same outcome as there was a lot of us and only him, although a lot of the gang disappeared one by one, :shock: Only Joking :lol: :lol: :lol:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:34 pm

Mikey (Wolfie) Corleone......., bumping them all off one by one. :lol:

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:47 pm

marko69 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:34 pm
Mikey (Wolfie) Corleone......., bumping them all off one by one. :lol:
:lol:
you tooorking to me Scarface Marciano, 8)

Right before the next episode of the serial story I'll tell the story of this prank on Gary T

This new kid moved onto our Street,(Gary T) and started knocking about with us, we told him if he wanted to join the T,S,Panthers, (our gang) he would have to prove he was tough enough,

In our street was this massive old Maltings building, his dare was to go in through this window, go to the top of the building across this walkway bridge type thing, down all these stairs and out of the window at the back of this building,
he seemed to think this was gonna be easy until we mentioned it had to be after dark, also forgot to mention 2 or 3 of us were hiding in there at the time,
Gary turns up with his torch, :wink: off he sets, this place gives you the creeps when it light, we hear him going up these stairs and it all goes quiet,
then we hear this gulp type shout and the sound of feet running across this bridge, then another obscenity shouted, through the back window we saw this torch light waiving about, then Gary gets to the back window,

So there's Gary looking both shocked and proud he'd done it, We said anything dodgy happen in there, he said no it was easy, then this voice came from inside the window, from Stan who had a white sheet over him with two eyes cut out , Gary looked back at the window at legged it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Stan came out of the building and said he was following Gary and he twice turned and shone his torch on him in the shadows and couldn't get out quick enough.
then it got really interesting, these other 2 who had gone in there to scare Gary had gone up on this flat roof on the top of this building, they said they were going to start making eerier noises when they see this figure standing in the doorway, :shock: and froze and legged it back to the front window , we didn't make too many trips back in there at night after that , LOL. also never mentioned this to Gary.