League 1 - Burton Albion vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

A Draw, A Loss and Now a Win?

Burton Win
22%
Ipswich Win
50%
Draw
28%

Total votes: 18

Tangfastic

Re: League 1 - Burton Albion vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:52 pm

Proper game. Lots of energy. There's going to be goals this season.

Burton probably snuck that half, but at times we played some nice stuff. It could go either way.

Dobra looks a bundle of energy, but drifts in and out of the game.
Wouldn't be surprised if Bonne is the hero from the bench.
Yes, it was an OG.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:02 pm

Yeah you are correct Tang, sorry. Thankfully we weren't behind long as it could have been a repeat all over again.

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Penalty town

BLUEBLOOD

Post by BLUEBLOOD » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:16 pm

Saved

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:20 pm

What a waste !!!

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:44 pm

FFS

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:46 pm

Listening with Radio Suffolk, they've given them a penalty, f*ck they've scored.

Cook has been booked while none of our players haven't ?

Haven't been able to catch all the game but don't think we deserve to be behind, and we've missed a penalty also. Knew it would be tough the trip there but don't want to be beaten in these circumstances.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Clearly we can’t wait to get this new defence in situ can we.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:56 pm

We're sh*t & we know we are. We're sh*t & we know we are.

Cook out.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:58 pm

Oh FOR f*ck SAKE ….REALLY ……?????

We haven’t even installed our new defence yet . New team. New players , some only getting to know each other’s names going up on the bus last night.

FFS !

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:59 pm

Best avoid TWTD tonight :roll:

This is obviously going to take time, and Cook talking of his poor start at Portsmouth the season they went up is something to take heart from. Don't think even the most realistic fans would have predicted a single point from our first two fixtures, nor 4 shots on target in 120 minutes of League football, that is the nature of the beast! I guess i am happy that we have another away game on Tuesday..
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:00 pm

Out at an event at the moment but checking results. JHFC!!! This is like an incurable cancer called "PAUL" that has fallen on this club since Mick left.
HURST, LAMBERT, COOK......., yes, sort the defence......, BUT START SCORING SOME FKING GOALS. GOD!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Would normally say "& relax" after a rant, but Jeez....., it is irritating.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:00 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:59 pm

This is obviously going to take time, and Cook talking of his poor start at Portsmouth the season they went up is something to take heart from. Don't even the most realistic fans would have predicted a single point from our first two fixtures, nor 4 shots on target in 120 minutes of League football, that is the nature of the beast! I guess i am happy that we have another away game on Tuesday..
They have already started 🙄

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:03 pm

we've been beaten, they got a victory late on through a penalty decision. Haven't seen the incident, was it fair, can't get over we missed one ourselves.

A little disappointed right now, a poor week results wise and we needed a late goal to save it a week ago. Some will rise up in the heat of the moment berating things left and right, voicing their distaste. Can understand that, many will be disgruntled right now and the cup game with it but as before it will take time for the new look team to become cohesive and Cook is still relatively new as manager here.

One point from six and a cup exit in the space of seven days is poor however you got to take whatever positives from it and accept it'll be a long hard season ahead. Maybe we didn't deserve to lose today but unfortunately they scored one more than we got. Disappointed naturally.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:03 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:58 pm
We haven’t even installed our new defence yet . New team. New players , some only getting to know each other’s names going up on the bus last night.
True......., very true........ and no one will EVER dispute that.

But you must realise how bastardin irritating that tired bullshit is becoming?

Hurst, new team
Lambert, new team

new owners
ashton
americans
cookie cookie

f*ck!!!! Get scoring some goals you useless fuckers.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:04 pm

bluejacko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:00 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:59 pm

This is obviously going to take time, and Cook talking of his poor start at Portsmouth the season they went up is something to take heart from. Don't even the most realistic fans would have predicted a single point from our first two fixtures, nor 4 shots on target in 120 minutes of League football, that is the nature of the beast! I guess i am happy that we have another away game on Tuesday..
They have already started 🙄
:roll: I decided to dip into that site the other day! OMG yes we are all disappointed, but some of the comments defy belief! Yet those very same "fans" will be saying the sun shines out of PC's a**e if we get promoted by playing fantastic football.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:05 pm

There’s only one way to silence the naysayers…WIN!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:07 pm

Some people need to deflect AWAY from what fellow fans limitations are. Just be your own "FAN". Stop calling out fans who are clearly annoyed at three seasons of Fk all and no goals........ WITH three months of Pheonix rising CHAT. Thats Morecambe, Newport & Burton ---- >> with fk all. Not the time to get high n mighty with the rolling eyes pish.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Cook out!

I think you need to remember that we haven't finished buying yet & are a work in progress. Give it time, Rome wasn't built in a day
I take it from lack of a :wink: or a :lol: that you are deadly serious in that comment Barmy? If so i think you might have caught that nasty virus -TWTDitus, as you posted the bit highlighted in red yesterday!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm

What bollocks, we had a gift of a penalty to go ahead and we fooked it up, Cook cannot be blamed for that, we then give a damn pen away, Cook can't be blamed for that, unless of course we blame him for signing them !! Terrible result and terrible start to the season, glad I am f**king off to Scotland for the week on Monday, no social media.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:15 pm

Forget Paul Cook...... pretend he's not even employed......., speaking clear as day to those "strikers" ---- >> Start taking your chances.

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:16 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm
barmy billy wrote:

Cook out!

I think you need to remember that we haven't finished buying yet & are a work in progress. Give it time, Rome wasn't built in a day
I take it from lack of a :wink: or a :lol: that you are deadly serious in that comment Barmy? If so i think you might have caught that nasty virus -TWTDitus, as you posted the bit highlighted in red yesterday!
Sorry I forgot the smiley faces. Of course I was joking .

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:25 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:07 pm
Some people need to deflect AWAY from what fellow fans limitations are. Just be your own "FAN". Stop calling out fans who are clearly annoyed at three seasons of Fk all and no goals........ WITH three months of Pheonix rising CHAT. Thats Morecambe, Newport & Burton ---- >> with fk all. Not the time to get high n mighty with the rolling eyes pish.
Show me a Town fan who isn't annoyed, myself included, about this terrible start to the season, who has had it up to the eye teeth with poor performances, more injuries than your average A&E on a Saturday night, no money invested, an invisible owner. .the list goes on. But, most fans appreciate investment is there, new keen owners, the style of football appears to have drastically improved beyond recognition and that most of all we have a new team who might not start to click entirely this month.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mine is only definitely correct in my eyes, but the one thing that winds me up more than anything are the knee-jerk fans who change their stance from one game to the next.

Like you say, "we just need those stikers to do what they are bleeding well paid for" :wink:

P.s. don't even get me started on what this means for my Ipswich predicting part of the prediction league. No wonder i'm a grouchy old git right now!
Last edited by AzzurroMark on Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:26 pm

barmy billy wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:16 pm
AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:10 pm
barmy billy wrote:

Cook out!

Sorry I forgot the smiley faces. Of course I was joking .
Phew, you really had me worried for a minute! :wink: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:40 pm

Yes we have to be patient, but 1 point out of 6 against Morecombe, Newport and Burton. It’s not knee jerk to feel a bit annoyed.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:49 pm

I'm satisfied with the start to the season - Just thought I'd throw that out there...

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:50 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:25 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:07 pm
Show me a Town fan who isn't annoyed, myself included, about this terrible start to the season, who has had it up to the eye teeth with poor performances, more injuries than your average A&E on a Saturday night, no money invested, an invisible owner. .the list goes on. But, most fans appreciate investment is there, new keen owners, the style of football appears to have drastically improved beyond recognition and that most of all we have a new team who might not start to click entirely this month.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, mine is only definitely correct in my eyes, but the one thing that winds me up more than anything are the knee-jerk fans who change their stance from one game to the next.

Like you say, "we just need those stikers to do what they are bleeding well paid for" :wink:
I know what type of fan I am. Whether it is Hibernian or ITFC. And that is 100% positive pre-kick off and excited. Usually 100% pi$$ed off at full time, (because it is Hibs & Ipswich FFS) ....., but would never boo or berate individuals, (except Pizza Joe T or K-Nood) ......., but on a forum, it is perfectly ok to express a frustration towards a forward line (Sears & Norwood last season as well) for failing to find the net. And that failing is creating even more stress on an already weak backline (well documented on here).

Not ALL fans are knee-jerk going to the nth degree and calling for heads to roll. It is that fear of accusation that has killed THIS forum over the years. That and Marcus Evans. And Roy Keane.

And Paul Jewell.

Edit: And Mick to an extent, (but not much)

Edit again: And Shrewsbury thinking Hurst. Thanks for the relegation.

Edit one more time: And Lambo and his hearing voices.

And Mansfield managing 2 past Newport......... all these things add up!!

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:50 pm

Ok So we lost today that's no great shakes, :shock: we've over 40 games to go yet :D BUT if I was PC and building the team from scratch, I would make sure I get the defence sorted out first, common sense says make sure you have a solid as a rock back 4, and a good keeper, then get the working midfield sorted out, then the attack front formation.

To me PC has gone about this team building arse about face, and it aint going to work until he gets at least 3 quality CB's in pronto.

So Paul prove to me and the fans your not a dim-witted F*****G scouser and sort that F*****G defence out ok :)

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:55 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:50 pm
So Paul prove to me and the fans your not a dim-witted F*****G scouser and sort that F*****G defence out ok :)
Yes..... because the forwards are free scoring, elite as f*ck gurus in front of goal......, that is in the bag, Cookie......, sort the deeeefence for the Americans.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:03 pm

Ok, no more doom n gloom......., this is uplifting and I am sure if the players are reading, this WILL help.

Followed Ipswich since 78, (43 years)....., and with the club in 16th position in Tier 3, that is the lowest witnessed in those forty three years.

So with that in mind, ......, Let us all start D:Reaming.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6QhAZckY8w