Listening to town

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

shabba

Listening to town

Post by shabba » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm

Hey all,

Sorry bit random but what is the deal with town games on the Radio?

Is it my understanding that?

- Radio suffolk cover the games but it only works if physically in suffolk, i.e not via any apps or such if you live outside the area
- Audio pass available via iFollow for all games
- Cup games are on radio suffolk for all? (I listened to the League cup one vs Newport this way).

I live in Essex, so my only option is iFollow audio right?

Thanks

AzzurroMark

Re: Listening to town

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:10 pm

shabba wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 pm
Hey all,

- Radio suffolk cover the games but it only works if physically in suffolk, i.e not via any apps or such if you live outside the area
- Cup games are on radio suffolk for all? (I listened to the League cup one vs Newport this way).

Thanks
Usually only get it on FM or DAB radio. I find i can get intermittent cover iny car in mid-Norfolk though tend to be unable to pick it up at home in South Norfolk, frustratingly. If listening via the internet, contractual reasons prevent broadcast of live league games. Not sure about cup though.
Would think you would get radio coverage in N.Essex (Colchester, Harwich etc).

shabba

Post by shabba » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:38 pm

Thanks for the reply, I tried the weekend games on Radio Suffolk via FM, DAB and app - none had the match commentary. I'm near Braintree.

I guess its due to my location, and the cup wasn't restricted due to some legal rules or such which apply to league games.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:31 pm

Have no idea if it is possible to pick up Sfk Radio outside of County online , but maybe worth a try through this ?

https://www.radio.net/amp/s/bbcradiosuffolk

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:51 am

It does make you wonder what the broadcasters are thinking,if you live say within 50 miles of Ipswich you can listen to the game but obviously having the easier option to going to the game,live hundreds of miles away can’t get to the game but can’t listen to it either! Wrong way round to my way of thinking🤔

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:06 am

bluejacko wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:51 am
It does make you wonder what the broadcasters are thinking,if you live say within 50 miles of Ipswich you can listen to the game but obviously having the easier option to going to the game,live hundreds of miles away can’t get to the game but can’t listen to it either! Wrong way round to my way of thinking🤔
There is the audio i-follow match pass if you don't mind paying £2.50 to listen.
https://www.itfc.co.uk/ifollow/subscribe/

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:04 pm

I’ve tried to watch Town on ifollow on numerous occasions so far without success. I’ve also tried to listen to match commentary on BBC Radio Suffolk online using a VPN also without success. This week I’ve had 34 EFL ifollow live football channels added to my tv system and my internet speed boosted to 1000mbps.

In the next hour I’ll see if I can find the Town v Wimbledon game and pray for no buffering. 🤞👍🙏

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:31 pm

Yabba Dabba Doo, ifollow on the tv is working brilliantly and Town are looking good although Wimbledon look dangerous on the break. Just hope today we can avoid making any costly mistakes.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:08 pm

My advice, don't bother listening

rossi

Post by rossi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:28 am

shabba wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks
I. too, live in Essex.

Basically the deal is that the only way you can get commentary over the internet is through ifollow.
DAB for BBC Suffolk is impossible, and FM is weak and keeps fading out.

But - if you have Sky, you can get BBC Suffolk on that.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:01 am

rossi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:28 am
shabba wrote:
Hey all,

Thanks
I. too, live in Essex.

Basically the deal is that the only way you can get commentary over the internet is through ifollow.
DAB for BBC Suffolk is impossible, and FM is weak and keeps fading out.

But - if you have Sky, you can get BBC Suffolk on that.
Cheers for that Rossi, at least it gives me another option to follow our games if I can’t find it on my ifollow channels.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:57 pm

I'm somewhat ubquituous and get to a number of places but believe the station isn't just exclusive to those that reside in Suffolk alone. DAB radio, you're only going to get a frequency if close to the county or in it, but through a TV tuning it's possibe. Tried switching set-up to other countries, have had clear match day coverage in the last few weeks through French tuning and believe even Italy also. Odd thing is it doesn't seem to work when adjusting to UK settings.

one of those old-types who haven't always embraced 21st Century living, won't or can't get match commentary through the internet so that leaves good old radio listening. On occasion it's been possible to listen to a whole game, the Milton Keynes last weekend being one example but by the end of the day the signal has faded out and no reception at all. Say again if you (people here or supporters wherever you find them) that live in the Ipswich or Suffolk vicinity you got a certain priviledge in that you can quite easily attend or llsiten to game action, for many others it's quite problematic or no go at all.