Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

number 9

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by number 9 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm

Dozzell subbed after 36mins today for QPR v Barnsley. It didn't say due to injury???

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm

What are your thoughts on this one, 9?

Thinking, @ 27 ---- >> No one wants this guy.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:30 am

marko69 wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:10 pm

If it results in Woolfy being out of the team, I’m for it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:10 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:30 am
marko69 wrote:

Well, highlights don’t really allow me to have a complete opinion on Luke Woolfenden but i suppose EVERYONE can’t be wrong.

But……..

Looking at “improvement” ?? Understand what you’re saying which is essentially “anything” is better than Woolfenden. I’d disagree with that. This particular target is shipped out on loan by every club he’s been at, and theyre not exactly prolific clubs. Why he’d fit at Ipswich is anyones guess. …… as said; if merely to get Woolf out ——>> thats crap management. At least improve the position…… “at least”

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:58 am

marko69 wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:10 am
number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Well, highlights don’t really allow me to have a complete opinion on Luke Woolfenden but i suppose EVERYONE can’t be wrong.

But……..

Looking at “improvement” ?? Understand what you’re saying which is essentially “anything” is better than Woolfenden. I’d disagree with that. This particular target is shipped out on loan by every club he’s been at, and theyre not exactly prolific clubs. Why he’d fit at Ipswich is anyones guess. …… as said; if merely to get Woolf out ——>> thats crap management. At least improve the position…… “at least”
I wouldn’t touch that defender with a barge pole. List of clubs he’s been to is worrying. I’d rather stick with Woolf as back up.
Edmundson and Burgess look likely to be new CB’s. Burgess looks pretty solid and perhaps a better shout for captain than Evans.

Hope Edmundson is the real deal and an upgrade on Woolf.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:58 pm
Dozzell subbed after 36mins today for QPR v Barnsley. It didn't say due to injury???
He was subbed because he was not having a good game by all accounts ….

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:52 pm

marko69 wrote:

But……..

Good points made, Marko. I agree Woolfy should only be replaced by someone who is better. I haven't seen Woolfy playing live, but I've seen him many times on television. He seems weak and slow to react and often commits fouls in dangerous areas. I've wanted him to improve especially since he's an Academy Grad, but it just isn't happening in my opinion.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
number 9 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

But……..

I agree. Wolfenden seems to me to a lad with potential. I think he zone's out during games and has been exposed almost every time. It could be just a concentration thing that will improve. Until he sorts himself out he should only be back up. If someone else is to be brought in, it needs to be someone who will be a significant improvement. A serial loanee does not fit that bill.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:48 pm

He’s almost a carbon copy of Titus Bramble !

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:45 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:48 pm
He’s almost a carbon copy of Titus Bramble !
Yes!

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:42 pm

Probably the epitome of optimism, but has anyone have any clue whatsoever about the ££ damage from this window?

While on the face of it we've done remarkably well, even getting a few quid back in player sales and ridding ourselves of some exorbitant wages. On the other side of it, a lot of players have slipped in with 'undisclosed fees' which perhaps make the deals feel better than reality, and presumably they come with large signing on fees and hefty contracts themselves.

Will we ever be able to take stock on whether this transfer window has cost the club £5m or £20m+?

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:05 pm

A nett £4.50 profit……nearly all incoming quality acquired via freebies, and money received from the leaving dross, plus £400k recouped in wages on said dross . Result ! 👍🥳

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:12 pm

Profit?! We should be complaining about lack of investment then :lol:

Miraculous if that's a fair analysis of what's gone one, but there must be a sting in the tail with all those contracts and agents this and that.

Does seem a great bit of business though and amazing why we have had overly large, injury prone squads for years when we could have just had wholesale changes when needed.

shabba

Post by shabba » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:29 pm

The wage bill must be substantially higher now, given the players we have attracted here.
Still within financial rules of course but right to the limit.

However it’s on paper very very good business this summer. Even if one player excels and sells for 5m it’s well worth it.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:31 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:05 pm
A nett £4.50 profit……nearly all incoming quality acquired via freebies, and money received from the leaving dross, plus £400k recouped in wages on said dross . Result ! 👍🥳
£4.50 profit?

That's a sausage and egg muffin meal with a large cappuccino.

AND........., 41 pence change. :D

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 pm

Think our current squad is pretty injury prone too...
Chaplin, Nsiala, Norwood, Burns, Edmundson Jackson,
Not sure if I've forgotten anyone.

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:32 pm

Well half of those are old hat! At times it felt like the injury list was longer than the fit list. Let's hope at least to have only an average number of injuries from here.

hallamblue

Town linked with GK

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:50 am

Town linked with Brighton GK , Walton .

Any good ?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... per-walton

Kerry Blue

Re: Town linked with GK

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:02 am

He's the keeper I wanted early on he did well for Cook before, I think we would have got him but Brighton I think had an option for another season or gave him a new one I can't remember which.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 am

Meanwhile, the Blues have started discussions with Boro about their tenacious midfielder Morsy.

Morsy was captain under Cook's management at both Chesterfield and Wigan and would certainly bring some differing qualities to the side.

It's an ambitious move, given the 29-year-old has been a regular starter for Neil Warnock's side, but there's a sense he could be made available at the right price given the midfield options at the Riverside.

The former Egyptian international was shown a straight red card for a late challenge in the latter stages of yesterday's 1-1 home draw with Blackburn

Also EADT running this story, yes please.👍
Last edited by Kerry Blue on Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:25 am

Morsy would be the ideal player, but feel he’s too far out of our reach.

Why would he drop a division? He has he played under Cook, though. Think this one could be a tad too ambitious.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Town after two players ….
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:06 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:06 am
Meanwhile, the Blues have started discussions with Boro about their tenacious midfielder Morsy.

Morsy was captain under Cook's management at both Chesterfield and Wigan and would certainly bring some differing qualities to the side.

It's an ambitious move, given the 29-year-old has been a regular starter for Neil Warnock's side, but there's a sense he could be made available at the right price given the midfield options at the Riverside.

The former Egyptian international was shown a straight red card for a late challenge in the latter stages of yesterday's 1-1 home draw with Blackburn

Also EADT running this story, he's please.👍
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:10 am

It would appear the Christian Walton signing could be confirmed today. If it is this would be a master stroke from Paul Cook to secure a GK at this level.

Not sure why we’ve started a new Transfer Thread, this could get very disjointed, hope you guys won’t mind if I merge this topic with “Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window”

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 am

It’s also rumoured this morning that we’re close to agreeing the loan signing of Bersant Celina from the French League 2 side Dijon. Whilst he would clearly be a class signing at this level I think we have other more pressing priorities like a GK and CB.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:01 am

Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 am
It’s also rumoured this morning that we’re close to agreeing the loan signing of Bersant Celina from the French League 2 side Dijon. Whilst he would clearly be a class signing at this level I think we have other more pressing priorities like a GK and CB.
I just can’t get into all this hype about Celina returning.
As you say we have far more pressing issues and I would add the need for a DM to those you have stated.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:09 am

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-new ... an-signing

And Walton having his medical ….. brilliant news .well done Ashton and Cook on these signings . Bloody awesome tbh

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:58 am

Great work to get Walton in, I think it will only help Hladky too. As for Celina, no thanks, pointless.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:02 am

Shed on tour wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:01 am
Charnwood wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:28 am
I just can’t get into all this hype about Celina returning.
As you say we have far more pressing issues and I would add the need for a DM to those you have stated.
I couldn’t agree more. I don’t get it. We desperately need someone who is not only a ball-winner but someone who can control games as a DM. Scoring goals isn’t the main problem, we need to manage games better and stop giving stupid goals away.

I’ve given up trying to work out how many senior players we are allowed and if we can afford them. That’s Ashton’s problem. Don’t get this Celina interest. We’ve got loads of players now that can play wide. Why did we even bother snapping up Aluko?