Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

Re: Paul Cooks 1st Transfer Window rumour thread.

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:42 pm

Well that's a nice bit of business done by Ashton and PC as I predicted with Tang that we would get these players in before the deadline, now we need to ship out Jackson, Norwood, and Nolan :D

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:45 pm

probably be rescinded, even Mowbray thought it wasn't a red.

Its on 1'24"

https://www.skysports.com/football/midd ... ers/447393

I can't watch this as I'm in the Algarve let me know your thoughts.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:54 pm

Arm ? I thought he went in with his foot on the guys leg ?

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:21 pm

It looks like our final signing is done🎉🎉🎉

Confirmed its a 3 year deal 👏👏
Last edited by Kerry Blue on Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magicmark

Post by Magicmark » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:31 pm

Still need to strengthen the defence, unless the new goalkeeper can play as a left back lol,wolfvenden should be nowhere near the first team.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:32 pm

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:36 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:32 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk

You’d better believe guys !! Ha ha
We don't want him walking like an Egyptian.😂😂

Dazzz67

Post by Dazzz67 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:37 pm

what a team we have now, just have to get them all working as a unit and here we go.

Hats off to MA and PC.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:40 pm

Ashton is a genius, best signing we have made, Bristol City must be bloody mad.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:43 pm

I wonder if one of two will have there contracts paid up as I've not seen any outgoings so far.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:50 pm

Kerry Blue wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:36 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:32 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv6tuzHUuuk

You’d better believe guys !! Ha ha
We don't want him walking like an Egyptian.😂😂
Lol …. Only after he’s scored the winner that promotes us in May 👍 :mrgreen:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:30 am

We signed 19 players (?), should be Paul Hardcastle, not Cook, managing the team.

Would have been good to bring in one more and round it off to figure 20, but question is, fear this glut of transfer activity and essentially a new team altogether bar one or two of the old guard may just have an adverse effect of our promotion ambitions. More is less and all that.

There's a lot of responsibility there, a considerable lot of names and faces to get familiar with both for fans of the club and the players themselves. This is all rather or totally unprecedented here. It's not a criticism, I admire or welcome the levels of activity we've engaged in and it's something to be applauded although just seems to got a little out of hand.

Celina coming back was a surprise but did well before, the majority of the fanbase will welcome it although know near zero of the Morsy player. Putting together a record for most deals down in a transfer window is all very well but put the question out has the club taken on more than it can handle. We're going to look damn awkward particularly in the opinion of neutrals after all this if the team doesn't achieve a promotion by end of season.

JohnnyB

Post by JohnnyB » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 am

They’re not messing about are they? Evans underperforms and they buy a replacement straight away, same with Hladky. At least, I assume Evans will give way (and pass on the captain’s armband) not Harper. Whoever it is, I hope the two players look to get back in the team by working hard, creating competition for places.

This team is now studded with championship experience and pedigree. One of these days it’s going to click, and someone’s going to get a hell of a hiding…

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:37 am

JohnnyB wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:19 am
They’re not messing about are they? Evans underperforms and they buy a replacement straight away, same with Hladky. At least, I assume Evans will give way (and pass on the captain’s armband) not Harper. Whoever it is, I hope the two players look to get back in the team by working hard, creating competition for places.

This team is now studded with championship experience and pedigree. One of these days it’s going to click, and someone’s going to get a hell of a hiding…
I think Morsy was a top target from the start, but it was a difficult one to do. Not sure if we became more interested in signing him because Evans didn’t start so well OR we were just waiting on Boro to buy a midfielder and make him available. Cook did give the impression that he was still looking for the skipper a few weeks back so maybe we were waiting to pounce for Morsy.
I’m pretty amazed we pulled off the Morsy deal. I always thought it was too ambitious. Fair play to Ashton.

Only downside is unwanted players still on the books. But given the amount of players we’ve signed, can’t be too critical. Ashton has worked his tits off. Guess they’ll be paid off or we have to wait to January to offload.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:52 am

Just ONE of those players recruited , would have been seen as a massive coup under Evans tenure…….but also very unlikely to have happened at all.

This has been the single most important transfer window in the Club’s history, and Cook/ Ashton haven’t recruited for League One , they’ve recruited for the Championship level. How the hell they’ve managed to get these players to drop down a level when Championship clubs have been after them too is truly remarkable. Whatever Mark Ashtons salary is , he’s worth every penny.

Over to you Paul ……

Ricco

Post by Ricco » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:12 am

Absolutely insane window and final day. How many times did we hope on the final day that we'd bring in the player or two under Evans, yet I can't remember once getting something over the line, we would sometimes get the broken 'Tesco Value' back up option, but never the real deal. We've just had 3 in basically one day...

Can't quite believe it really and it makes Evans look an even bigger clown (if that were even possible). We were linked with so many good targets over the years and so many slipped through our fingers because there was an oh so slightly cheaper yet far worse option out there, or we tried to negotiate one or two percent cheaper on the wages and they went elsewhere. Pathetic, makes me absolutely livid actually. It's great that we're seeing this kind of buissness now, but we should never have been in this desperate posistion. Seething, I didn't think all this would anger me :lol: . Not out of the woods either, even with the right players it's not an easy job to get it all working and fast enough for this not to be another wasted season, fingers crossed.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:37 am

I can’t believe I posted this 5 months ago;

Edit Delete post Report this post Information Quote
Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:47 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Paul Cook look to one or two reliable players he knows from the past. I’ve no idea who these might be as I’ve never really followed his career, but I’m sure he’ll have a couple or so lined up.

A couple or so lined up, ......this transfer window has been unbelievable. I just hope we haven’t broken any spending rules and risk having points deducted.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:23 pm

We haven't got any points to have deducted
:lol: :lol:

number 9

Post by number 9 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:10 pm

After watching a highlights reel of Morsy, he really does look like the missing midfield link we’ve been trying to fill for years: Great vision, accurate passing, speed and strength. His calmness and intelligence with the ball is quite evident in the clip. I’m excited to see him play for us! COYB!

rossi

Post by rossi » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:33 pm

I have to say that our activity in the transfer market has astounded me. And I have to say that we now have what looks on paper a fantastic squad, albeit with too many strikers and probably a bit too large in numbers overall.

Better still, PC now has a few clear days to work with the squad before our next game, and injured players coming back all the time.

So I'm expecting big things for the Bolton game - I don't buy this 'give them time to gel' crap, they're professionals and ought as such to be able to play with anybody. With over a week to work with, PC ought by Saturday week to know his strongest team and send them out 100% confident of a big win.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:57 pm

I must admit I'm not seeing too many excuses for the Bolton game either, Ashton has played a blinder, now it is completely down to Cook and the players and Cook does need some help where these bloody schoolboy errors are concerned as no manager can account for some of ours. Watch out Bolton !!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:57 pm

Nice one, Saint Jude and worth an airing

https://youtu.be/0sajngb0W6I

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:01 pm

Yes……. With the awesome final day of dealings brings slight pressure on the cookie monster. Can relate totally to what Rossi says. Pumping Bolton should be a minimum requirement.

Also agreed with what someone else said a few days ago re Bersant Celina and the message his signing gives to existing players?
Can only hope its a positive message and players feeling slightly outdone maybe just pull their fingers out a bit more and fight for their places.

Big BIG competition for places at ITFC now. Which is great. 👍👍

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Mike Ashton……

Ashfordblue……

Is Ash really Ash??

Where you getting all the lowdown on Celina and Morsy and stuff, AshfordBlue?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:10 pm

Sort of forgot just how depressing in content that Hardcastle song was, (decent tune though)
Bit of a stretch just to get the number “19” on the forum.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:32 pm

It’s been an amazing transfer window. Pity it has to end and we have to start playing football.

Can’t we just forget about the football and just win the league now on expectation levels and transfer dealings.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:14 pm

marko69 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 pm
Mike Ashton……

Ashfordblue……

Is Ash really Ash??

Listen Marco: :roll: I haven't been on this F*****g Planet for many many years for nothing, and I do have my information contacts :wink: :wink: and your right my real name is Mike ??? :D :D also its a matter of putting 2 and 2 together and making 19, :roll: do you see where I'm coming from

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:19 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:14 pm
marko69 wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 pm
Mike Ashton……

Ashfordblue……

Is Ash really Ash??

Listen Marco: :roll: I haven't been on this F*****g Planet for many many years for nothing, and I do have my information contacts :wink: :wink: and your right my real name is Mike ??? :D :D also its a matter of putting 2 and 2 together and making 19, :roll: do you see where I'm coming from
:D You’ve more than proved that one, buddy. 👍👏👏👏

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:07 am

From EADT.

Morsy, who has yet to arrive in Suffolk after his deadline day move from Middlesbrough was completed remotely, continued: "It’s massively exciting, you just look at some of the names.

"The manager rang me to try and convince me and said 'we’ve just signed Celina.' My reaction was just 'wow’ and he said 'yeah, wow.' It’s a project that I'm excited to be a part of."

Not yet in Suffolk.
Sounds like he hasn’t got any known injury problems, but I hope we’ve got a medical done remotely. The last player we signed permanently from Warnock was Huws. At the time it seemed a great bit of business and turned out to be a disaster with his injuries. Warnock isn’t stupid and a bit surprised Warnock released him. Played a lot under him last year and this season.

As for Morsy’s comments about Celina. Maybe that makes me feel a bit better about Celina coming here knowing that a player like Morsy is coming in. Looks like the Celina move had an impact on Morsy.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:23 am

He didnt look too injured to me when he got sent off.