League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Bolton Wanderers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Is this the first win of the season coming up?

Ipswich Win
86%
Bolton Win
14%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 22

arana peligrosa

Re: Ipswich Town vs Bolton Wanderers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:36 pm

2 -2 now, got the game with Radio Suffolk, lo and behold can hear every kick out there. Make the most of it and all that.

Bonne scored twice now ? What a great acquisition that could prove to be. Disappointed to give away a lead and allow them to go ahead but screw it we're back on level terms and ample time to go on an get that first victory.

Good when you can listen in and react to live action although if continues like this stress levels may just elevate. We got a real game out there.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:52 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:47 pm
This is a big BIG game......., especially with the back 4. Most screaming out for the Edmundson / Burgess pairing and it is finally happening. HUGE game. Hopefully both Vaclav & Coulson benefit from this and it all clicks into place.
Yes, f**king HATE quoting myself........, but three first half goals conceded at home isn't good enough.

GEL, my hairy arse!

JamessB

Post by JamessB » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:53 pm

JamessB wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:09 am
Who can forget the amazing play-off semi final against Bolton in 2000, what a game! Unlikely to be so many goals on Saturday though so going for a 2-0 Town win
I might have been wrong about the number of goals in this game.... :roll:

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:55 pm

saint jude wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:36 pm
2 -2 now, got the game with Radio Suffolk, lo and behold can hear every kick out there. Make the most of it and all that.

Bonne scored twice now ? What a great acquisition that could prove to be. Disappointed to give away a lead and allow them to go ahead but screw it we're back on level terms and ample time to go on an get that first victory.

Good when you can listen in and react to live action although if continues like this stress levels may just elevate. We got a real game out there.
Welll, SJ, it’s now 2-3. The second goal was an OG. Typical new Ipswich …. look great going forward and putting the ball in the box, but, god, we give tame goals away. We seem to work harder getting a goal than they do.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:56 pm

It took me 10 mins to tune in to ifollow by which time it was 1-1. Now 2-3 and who knows where this game is going. Shocking defensive performance but i do like the look of Burns and Bonne although the later did miss a simple tap in to put us 3-2 up just before they went ahead by the same score. We’re not done yet but Cookie has some serious work on his hands to get this defence organised.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:57 pm

100% agree

But we are too soft, again there is NO leader. It's crazy. I had to let my season ticket drop this season for lack of mobility but listening to this is teeth grinding.

Sounds like Bonne is a great goal scorer but misses easy chances again. Hard to criticize him but they scored right after his great chance though has to be said the defending was criminal according to Mick Mills

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:03 pm

Great game for neutrals, five-star entertainment all the way but what the f*ck is wrong with us. This is essentially a new squad, granted, but it's evident individual mistakes still occur and just can't stop opposition teams getting goals against us, whoever they are.

Cook could get a real backlash if it stays as it is or they go further ahead. It'll be a shame in the circumstances and we've played good in spells and showed attacking intent but this does my head in. All I want - all we want - is a first victory and raise it from there, but Christ we don't make it easy for ourselves.

JamessB

Post by JamessB » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:03 pm

A big 45 minutes coming up now, if they can turn it around it would be a massive boost to confidence, come on lads

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:04 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:52 pm
marko69 wrote:
This is a big BIG game......., especially with the back 4. Most screaming out for the Edmundson / Burgess pairing and it is finally happening. HUGE game. Hopefully both Vaclav & Coulson benefit from this and it all clicks into place.
Yes, f**king HATE quoting myself........, but three first half goals conceded at home isn't good enough.

GEL, my hairy arse!
Sends Marko some superglue to "Gel" his hairy arse :wink:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:05 pm

JamessB wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:03 pm
A big 45 minutes coming up now, if they can turn it around it would be a massive boost to confidence, come on lads
I can see it being 4-4 or even 5-5 at this rate though

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:07 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:04 pm
marko69 wrote:
marko69 wrote:

GEL, my hairy arse!
That'd make me even MORE full of sh*t, S&J :lol:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:12 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:07 pm
Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:04 pm
marko69 wrote:

GEL, my hairy arse!
That'd make me even MORE full of sh*t, S&J :lol:
Laughing :lol: :lol:

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:12 pm

And we thought Chambers and Wilson were rubbish.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:14 pm

4 -2 now, anyone got idea of where this will finish.

There is chronically amiss with us, not just a one off but over a whole sequence of events. Bolton almost got a fifth there, seriously, what the hell.

Walton debut in goal, it may well be his first and only by the time this is over. Wouldn't say bemused about our performance, just pissed off above all else.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:16 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:05 pm
JamessB wrote:
Well. would Take a 4-4 now

Sorry but questions have to be asked now, it's alright saying needs time but how much time exactly? How many games did Hurst get? and look what that brought in the end !!!

Hurst brought in load of players though yes at a lesser standard of what we have now. Still waiting for team to "gel"

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:22 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:05 pm
JamessB wrote:
Ok 5-5 anybody?

I'm really getting fed up with the commentator saying first win Wednesday in that tin pot cup.. Who gives a Feck?

Mick Mills says no leadership.. Just gets worse

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:25 pm

You know what, I'm just going to see this out. It's a rare privilege - if that is the word - to listen in verbatim to a live game but when you lose a 2 - 1 lead to be 2 - 5 behind and early in a second period you kind of feel you should be somewhere providing analysis.

Commentary says we're looking very short of ideas, there's little in the way of motivation, as soon as the third goal went in we looked a beaten side.

This is done, we're not going to salvage this situation but you can't pass up this game such as what is going on there. Feel sorry for Walton in a sense, new kid has really made a name for himself for all the wrong reasons.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:26 pm

This really is an embarrassing afternoon and we still have more than half an hour to play. As Mick Mills has just said there is no leadership on the pitch and nobody taking any responsibility. I expected this to be tough but not this shockingly bad.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Listening to the Radio Suffolk commentary in between deliveries and struggling to believe what i am hearing! Mick Mills has said at least twice about heads being down and that sounds very worrying! Many were in agreement (myself included) that the international break was a good thing, but on today's evidence i have to ask what exactly have we been working on during that time? Certainly not getting a bit of cohesion in defense amongst our new additions!

Glad i am off to Scotland, 8 days in exile away from Norfolk could not have come at a better moment!

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:32 pm

We have significant problems that won’t be fixed overnight. We’re creating a mountain to climb already as far as promotion. I’m not sure how much patience the Americans will have. It’s still early, but it’s not looking good.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Beginning to wonder if Paul's and ITFC are just not meant to ever be! :astroll:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:41 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:32 pm
We have significant problems that won’t be fixed overnight. We’re creating a mountain to climb already as far as promotion. I’m not sure how much patience the Americans will have. It’s still early, but it’s not looking good.
Thing is what have seen and heard this season so far, the problems are of our making. Basic even, if no leader then your on the backward foot. How many times have we conceded this season just after scoring?

That's headless chicken playing

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:42 pm

number 9 wrote:
I’m not sure how much patience the Americans will have.
^^^THIS^^^

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:41 pm
number 9 wrote:
Thing is what have seen and heard this season so far, the problems are of our making. Basic even, if no leader then your on the backward foot. How many times have we conceded this season just after scoring?

Yeah the silly mistakes are mounting…makes me wonder if players are afraid to c*ck things up and are losing confidence. Obviously defence is the issue; it needs fixin in a hurry! Cook should be addressing that, right?

osborne77

Post by osborne77 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:50 pm

Do we actually have a defence coach? Can't remember backroom staff that well but Jeffers and Roberts not really experts in defence.

Boy do we need Morsy to be good both at supporting defence but more importantly leading the team.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 pm

League One, 3rd bottom, minus 5 GD.

Not naming names......., but it does take me back to "We need a relegation to give ourselves a kick up the arse"........, Deary fkn me. Third season in L1, 3rd f**king bottom and minus 5 GD!! :twisted:

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:47 pm
Steve and Jo wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:41 pm
number 9 wrote:

Yeah the silly mistakes are mounting…makes me wonder if players are afraid to c*ck things up and are losing confidence. Obviously defence is the issue; it needs fixin in a hurry! Cook should be addressing that, right?

Can't defend though, We don't seem to stop crosses coming over, we are useless at defending set pieces. Penalties given away. The players are not taken responsibilities. *It's yours, no it's not, it's yours, no it isn't, it's yours.. OOH sh*t*.. 4 home games scoring 2 goals in each. That is very good.

So it says it all, Sort the defence out NOW

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:54 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 pm
League One, 3rd bottom, minus 5 GD.

Not naming names......., but it does take me back to "We need a relegation to give ourselves a kick up the arse"........, Deary fkn me. Third season in L1, 3rd f**king bottom and minus 5 GD!! :twisted:
Couldn't believe it when I first read that Marko, makes me shudder even now. If we don't soon sort this out it will be another relegation fight

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:56 pm

osborne77 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:50 pm
Do we actually have a defence coach? Can't remember backroom staff that well but Jeffers and Roberts not really experts in defence.

Boy do we need Morsy to be good both at supporting defence but more importantly leading the team.
Sort of running out of names now though, Oz. It was, "We need Edmundson"....., "We need Burgess"......., do the club need Morsy?

This club is in such an uncomprehendible RUT, it is untrue.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:59 pm

Also interested to read a report on Coulson. He was KAK up here........, why would he be any good there??