League 1 - Ipswich Town vs Bolton Wanderers Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Is this the first win of the season coming up?

Ipswich Win
86%
Bolton Win
14%
Draw
No votes

Total votes: 22

marko69
Global Moderator

Re: Ipswich Town vs Bolton Wanderers Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:04 pm

One vote for Bolton win though. That person care to share tonights lottery numbers??

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 pm

lowest league position I have ever known Ipswich to be in

Lowest I have ever felt following Ipswich. Have said just need a win to be up and going but if the players heads are dropping then When will this win come from?

Right now I would swap our back four with last seasons. Keep our midfield and attackers but swap the back four with last seasons

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:06 pm

Is there a silver lining? Maybe "at least we're not Wednesday fans travelling back from the ends of the f**king world"?

Nope. No silver lining. Humped @ PR by Bolton. Jaysus H Fkn Christ. :evil: :twisted:

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Stuck with it almost from the start. It's not every day you endure a 2 - 5 home loss and the post-game reaction will be interesting for sure. You can't castigate the manager, well, you can, but ill-advised after recent events. Thought we'd win today. Got Bonne correct as first score and we'd score two goals however allowing the opposition five themselves wasn't quite part of it.

They're discussing talking points on Radio Suffolk and who better than to provide advice but this is lousy horseshit for want of better words. We got Lincoln City next, a team today that won by five goals if correct. We will win sooner or later that much is true but once again this will be a day that's not easily forgotten.

Say again promotion was always going to be tough, I didn't think even during close season we'd make it despite an entire new team more or less. Today just proved a point. Need a break from this.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Got Lincoln City next Saturday Marko.. They only just beaten Cambridge by mere 5 goals to 1 :astroll:

Walk in the park wouldn't you say ?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:13 pm

Absolutely f**king useless. Our Centre Midfield pair a massive joke and defence all at sea. Aluko Town's motm and Burns excellent first half and Bonne ok in patches, as for the rest, crap, the keeper!!! Bring back Hladky quickly. I'm pissed off to the max, seeing heads drop is scary, never expected that. Morsy needs to be some player to turn this sh*t around. Relegation dogfight beckons on this showing.

JOHN DEERE

Post by JOHN DEERE » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:23 pm

I have no idea what to say about that. I genuinely thought our season was going to start here and we would go from strength to strength. We were abysmal: inept, clueless and completely lacking any vision or leadership. This can't go on. I have been a huge supporter of Paul Cook but my confidence in him has been severely shaken today.

bluejacko

Post by bluejacko » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:25 pm

I really can’t see this shitshow lasting mush longer! The Americans are not going to put up with this for long they might come over all nice and cuddly to us but I can’t see Cook getting too much longer.

Blue Wilf

Post by Blue Wilf » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Just awful. Burns, Bonne and Aluko get a marginal OK but the rest were totally inept. You simply cannot give away 2 goals per game. When you do 5, you get what you deserve and thats what we got - nothing but a hammering. KVY should be ashamed of his performance. The penalty was so nailed on I have not seen an easier one for a ref to give for years - and all because he was turned and done for skill/pace. Am going to Lincoln but more in hope than expectation after that shambles...

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Second Bolton vote? :lol: Nice

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:43 pm

How much managing was Cook doing today? Was he involved in the first team line up etc? Not making excuses for Cookie here, honest....., just interested in who was in charge......, subs etc?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:50 pm

He had total control as I see it Marko, fair do's for taking KVY off so early, he was shameful, we have serious problems here.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:50 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:43 pm
How much managing was Cook doing today? Was he involved in the first team line up etc? Not making excuses for Cookie here, honest....., just interested in who was in charge......, subs etc?
Questions certianly need to be asked. I'm just wondering how much time should Cook be given? I don't wanna sound like a 'numbskull', but surely we need to win and improve significantly very, very quickly! I think I'd give Cook 3 more games, and if things don't improve I'd show him the door.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:52 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:50 pm
Questions certianly need to be asked. I'm just wondering how much time should Cook be given? I don't wanna sound like a 'numbskull', but surely we need to win and improve significantly very, very quickly! I think I'd give Cook 3 more games, and if things don't improve I'd show him the door.
Understand what you're saying, 9 but can't really think of anyone who could change things other than a Neil Warnock type ........, or dare I say it......, Mick McCarthy, (runs for cover!)

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Last season we had the best squad in the league this season we have the best squad on paper, just look at Wigan they have lots of new players and look where they are it's a pity we didn't get Richardson with Cook I'm sure we wouldn't be in this position.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:03 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:53 pm
League One, 3rd bottom, minus 5 GD.

Not naming names......., but it does take me back to "We need a relegation to give ourselves a kick up the arse"........, Deary fkn me. Third season in L1, 3rd f**king bottom and minus 5 GD!! :twisted:
Yep where are all those characters now. All the i prefer to go down to see better football types ? All the one's who thought it was a great idea to completely gut the team and start again.
Cook up to now has been a disaster. Team bombed under him when he took over with a decent run in. This season is worse.
Under huge pressure now for his job and deserves to be.
Why is Ipswich Town destroying managers who have done the business elsewhere. Only MM has done job but that wasn't good enough for the majority.
Still... i'd give Cook a good bit more time to turn it round. Not sure he will get it

barmy billy

Post by barmy billy » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:09 pm

Come on Marko. You're a Moderator for goodness sake & better than that talk.

We all feel the same, that's not necessary.

No doubt you will have a go at me, but it needed saying.

Marko's comment deleted.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:15 pm

I'll go delete the message right now, Billy.

Just out of curiosity, do you live in a bubble? Must be a real gamble venturing on to the internet for you? That is not having a go, that is just a mere observation. I really am taken aback by the offence taken on a football forum for such an "in the moment @ full time" comment.

But......., I am a moderator and I will pander to the more fragile.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:20 pm

Did I miss something?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm

number 9 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:20 pm
Did I miss something?
The "C" word

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:24 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:52 pm
number 9 wrote:
Understand what you're saying, 9 but can't really think of anyone who could change things other than a Neil Warnock type ........, or dare I say it......, Mick McCarthy, (runs for cover!)
Crikey your in trouble now. MM how could you mention it. A man with the americans backing who would have got this club to the Premiership.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm
number 9 wrote:
Did I miss something?
The "C" word
The "Cook" word ?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:26 pm

The overly offensive plural version of the "C" word.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:27 pm

IT f**king BLOWS PEOPLES MINDS!!!!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:27 pm

Oh sh*t, sorry...... oopsy!! I meant....., It blows peoples minds.

Sorry, Frosty.

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:32 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:27 pm
IT f**king BLOWS PEOPLES MINDS!!!!
Owned my own building firm, was working on a building site up and till i became ill for 30 odd years.. Trust me Marko it takes a lot offend me

We are all shocked, I would say not many if any Ipswich Town fans could see this all happening far as results and league positions.

Emotions do become hot. We are all just totally shaking our heads. Time for a breather

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:33 pm

valleyroad wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:24 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:52 pm
number 9 wrote:
Crikey your in trouble now. MM how could you mention it. A man with the americans backing who would have got this club to the Premiership.
I raise my hand I wanted MM out, but dear oh dear look at how sh*t we’ve become since his departure. It’s probably more of a timing thing rather than him leaving. It almost seems like we’ve had a hex put on us. I really hope Cook or someone can turn this club around. I’m curious to know what sort of back up plan the Americans have?

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:39 pm

When you actually think about it though......., If Mick himself wasn't such a f**king snowflake and rode on through the "numbskulls" abuse, the club may not be in this position. What......, a few K out of 22K hurling abuse......., or the TWTD crew? Huffy b*stard. Probably goes in a mood when he hears or reads the "C" word. He should've stuck to his guns at ITFC.

Saying that......, the guns were locked in Mevans bank account.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:47 pm

trimleyblue
Global Moderator

Post by trimleyblue » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:48 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:23 pm
number 9 wrote:
Did I miss something?