Bonne likely to get recalled by QPR?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

hallamblue

Bonne likely to get recalled by QPR?

Post by hallamblue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:59 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... ne-8407634

Bollox if this happens … and can’t say I’m surprised if it does happen .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Re: Bonne likely to get recalled by QPR?

Post by Bluemike » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:23 pm

I think its a no brainer that he will be recalled

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:19 pm

Recalled to QPR his form is poor and he only makes a few starts and is sold to Town for a knockdown price,( well I can dream can't I ?) 😂😂

Steve and Jo

Post by Steve and Jo » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:20 pm

Maybe club will buy him. Off load Jackson maybe and couple of other fringe players

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:39 pm

I think Town will need to be doing some wheeling and dealing to get MB over the line. I think we are sailing close to the line regards to These FPP rules. Reckon we’d have to sell the none saleable Jackson , and Nolan might be another to go . Then we’d have to expect an inflated fee for Bonne …. And compete with Championship clubs for his signature. Glad the deck isn’t stacked too much against us ! 🤷‍♀️

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:34 am

Excuse me, this is just Holloway spouting off. Warburton, who is actually QPRs manager has not been so positive. Bonne has ben awesome for us so far but strikers often blow hot & cold and can get little injuries after a run of high intensity games. I think we all agree that Piggott is probably a better striker and who knows, maybe by January Bonne will have had a couple of weeks off with a niggle and Pigott will have established himself.

We don't need to be thinking about this at the moment. Let's just enjoy Bonne's goals and our rise up the table to the business end. If we are in with a sniff of promotion come January I'm sure our new owners will stump up whatever is necessary to keep our season moving in the right direction.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 am

I think the management need to be thinking about it now, need to cover all possibilities

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:16 am

Dubai Blue wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:34 am
Excuse me, this is just Holloway spouting off. Warburton, who is actually QPRs manager has not been so positive. Bonne has ben awesome for us so far but strikers often blow hot & cold and can get little injuries after a run of high intensity games. I think we all agree that Piggott is probably a better striker and who knows, maybe by January Bonne will have had a couple of weeks off with a niggle and Pigott will have established himself.

We don't need to be thinking about this at the moment. Let's just enjoy Bonne's goals and our rise up the table to the business end. If we are in with a sniff of promotion come January I'm sure our new owners will stump up whatever is necessary to keep our season moving in the right direction.
I tend to agree that we should stop worrying about it and enjoy it. If he goes, he goes…. but he could still do a lot for us until January. If he helps get us up the table by January he would have done his job. If he goes, we’ve got both Pigott and Norwood. It’s not like we have to rely on Hawkins and Drinan now. I’d like to think we’ll be a far better team by then and maybe not so reliant on him.
The Bonne story is a great one so far, but the realist in me thinks it won’t last forever and he can still be a cult hero in just half a season with us. None of us are going to forget his time here.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:14 pm

don't always see what goes on at Championship level but the league indicates they score a lot of goals so someone must be doing the business for them. Depends how much they really want him back. Can see QPR being involved around the top six by end of year so guess they'll recall and leave us wthout, any opportunity to boost their promotion chance they're going to take.

Would be a pity as without the name we don't really have a whole lot of goalscoring options. I look at names like Norwood, Piggott, Jackson and Aluko for example, Chaplin also, and while some may find target on occasion not one of them are nowhere near Bonne in terms of proficiency or what you could term reliable.

Best hope QPR will forget they've even loaned him out and be so consumed with their own end of year objectives they may overlook the player. It's a long shot and perhaps within realms of fiction but an alternative all the same.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:33 pm

Can i just say…….. I am useless at computery stuff, but if i could compile a video of Maccy Bonnes goals in a Town shirt so far…… GREAT goals.
Lester Pigott would have to produce some pretty impressive stuff (in a town shirt) to surpass the Bonne-Star!

Warburton ———>> EFF OFF

RRanger

Post by RRanger » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:46 pm

My gut feeling is that he won't want to be recalled as long as we are on an upward curve. He really is "one of our own" in that he is a true Ipswich fan and loves it here . Why would QPR ,who seem to have no problem scoring goals , want to recall a player who may well not want to go back . If we do get promoted QPR could well get a very good price in selling him to us.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:29 pm

They might recall him to force an auction amongst interested Clubs. Even if QPR don’t want him , they’ll want as much as they can get him. He’s got a couple yrs left on his contract hasn’t he ?