Brighton Recalling Walton

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

ashfordblue

Brighton Recalling Walton

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:34 pm

Brighton are set to recall on-loan keeper Walton, they intend cashing in on his Keeper qualities shown at Ipswich, there's an approach from a Championship club for his services, so do we get another keeper in or do we intend on a bidding war come the January window :shock:

AzzurroMark

Re: Brighton Recalling Walton

Post by AzzurroMark » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:46 pm

ashfordblue wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:34 pm
Brighton are set to recall on-loan keeper Walton, they intend cashing in on his Keeper qualities shown at Ipswich, there's an approach from a Championship club for his services, so do we get another keeper in or do we intend on a bidding war come the January window :shock:
If this does happen, then yes we need to try to secure his services! What we don't need are morons abusing the team (in a game where Walton kept the score down) and pushing him. He needs to "feel the love" from us fans to try to persuade him!

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:09 pm

Think his wages might be the issue ( at League One level )…. But if he goes we’re stuffed because I certainly don’t rate Hladky .

osborne77

Post by osborne77 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:44 pm

Pity. Probably the first name on the team sheet for me at the moment and I don't mean because you normally start with the keeper!

Looks like we're paying all of his Brighton wages at the moment, so I guess that element will depend on how much a 26 year old wants to play regularly and potentially put himself in a bigger shop window in a couple of years. Bigger stumbling block could maybe be the transfer fee if he's touted around a bit by greedy seagulls.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:24 pm

I can’t imagine his transfer fee would be beyond us but maybe his wages long term would be especially if promotion is accepted as being out of reach. Other factors that could go against us are our fans behaviour and who we appoint as our next manager, the later of course could also work in our favour especially if it’s somebody who Christian Walton knows and trusts.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:28 pm

It’s wages all day long isn’t it …. And of course the potential for a championship club to come calling . Championship vs League One (this season and next ), no brainer for Walton really isn’t it .

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:35 pm

He will be away from here like a rat up a drainpipe

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:43 pm

If Ipswich wants him to stay they will buy him out from Brighton, our money's as good as any championship team, and I do think John McGreal will have had a word with him about a possible stay here, after all, its a long term deal we would offer him, if not we look elsewhere for another keeper, as I'm sure Holy will be gone in Jan window, and we cant rely on just Hladky.

Now on a brighter note just may be Neil Warnock will be appointed in the manager slot fairly shortly, and he will soon bring in a replacement keeper plus other players he wants. :D

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:31 pm

Got off to a bad start with six conceded on his debut, must have been hell for the kid, but fought back from that adversity and now recognized as #1 choice in that position. I'd fight to keep his services, understand has done well over time since coming in and the more opportunities he's presented here can only improve and become a more reliable name.

I don't see what Brighton get up to or in fact care too much but if they can offer improved salary or more game time (if possible) than we can, add to that playing at a higher level, seems Walton could indeed be tempted back. A number of factors here, does Walton want to return to Sussex, how much do we want to keep him, does he see a long-term future for himself with us etc.

As an aside I got no problem with Vaclav as cover. Many seem to castigate him for whatever reason or doubt his abilities but then again guess those names get to see him in live action over some others therefore they can provide something of a valid opinion.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:21 am

When we lose Walton, we are well and truly stuffed. We have no other viable goal keeper.

What a bloody mess we are in.