Lincoln Game

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Shed on tour

Lincoln Game

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:06 pm

Possibly off? Their game at Rotherham tomorrow night off due to covid and injuries.

hallamblue

Re: Lincoln Game

Post by hallamblue » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:00 pm

I do wonder if some clubs are trying to pull a fast one over the busy Christmas period .

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:16 pm

Agree with you hallam. Think some teams are trying it on.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:38 pm

Well if ever there was a club looking to build an excuse to call off it’s Lincoln’s comments in this report . It’s all smoke and mirrors by them as far I’m concerned.

I’ll be amazed if they play the game :

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... te-8589764

JamessB

Post by JamessB » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:17 pm

Just confirmed this game has been postponed :astroll:

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:29 pm

Lincoln are just another cheating team like Gillingham who don't fancy playing us so use the situation to there advantage
The football league should investigate these cheating teams more thoroughly and give them financial penalties or deduct points. Town have probably sold 25000 tickets for this game.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:17 pm

Lincoln are another bunch of cheating tossas….they were ALWAYS going to call off, and the limp dicks that the EFL are, will allow Clubs to continue to do this.

However, trying to look on the positive side, actions like this by clubs like Lincoln, may actually be giving us a big helping hand, as it give KM even more time to hone this squad into an actual team, and so when we d9 resume games, we will be firing on all cylinders.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:08 pm

To be fair KM did say in one of his recent interviews that he'd been on the phone with Lincoln and they were keen to keep the game on track. I don't think they get any benefit from postponement to be honest. Just fixture congestion later. They need points on the board right now, not teams below them picking up points while they are idle.

After a blood & thunder game like last night I'm quite happy that the same players don't have to do it all over again in 2 days. I'm sure KM would like to pick the same XI for the next game and now they should all be rested and ready.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:36 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:08 pm
To be fair KM did say in one of his recent interviews that he'd been on the phone with Lincoln and they were keen to keep the game on track. I don't think they get any benefit from postponement to be honest. Just fixture congestion later. They need points on the board right now, not teams below them picking up points while they are idle.

After a blood & thunder game like last night I'm quite happy that the same players don't have to do it all over again in 2 days. I'm sure KM would like to pick the same XI for the next game and now they should all be rested and ready.
I said exactly the same thing for the Lincoln preview which now won't be used, it makes no sense for them to want it off.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:57 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:36 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:

I said exactly the same thing for the Lincoln preview which now won't be used, it makes no sense for them to want it off.
Both Lincoln and Gillingham are fighting at the bottom. They’ve got worst and third worst form in the league. Guess if they were on a bit of a run they might look at it differently. I’d say it’s a great time for us to play these teams (their form, our new manager bounce). Add in a few under 23’s to their out-of-form regulars and I guess they’re looking at a loss and one less game.
Sure they can scrape a team together from somewhere. It’s up to the EFL to enforce it. The 25,000+ fans with tickets should be taken into account.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:01 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:36 pm
Dubai Blue wrote:

It makes every sense for them to cancel the game, they get another weeks grace which maybe brings so called injured players back into the fold with extra time getting fit. These teams are abusing the situation. Gillingham's manager Evans is another cheat who would definitely abuse the system. It can't be policed properly you relying on clubs integrity. Lincoln and Gillingham don't have any in my book. :P

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:26 pm

They have to go before a board to explain the call off, if there is anything not in line with guidelines it would be found, its all just heresay again, I don't think for one second its anything underhand.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:20 am

Not just us they done it to, a game with Rotherham is canceled also they were due to play. Guess it's a genuine cause of concern for them, they don't have the players ready to face us, a number of names there are still not through self-isolation after positive virus tests. They're (Lincoln) ready to go once again with Oxford on 8 January.

Can see the frustrations arising, would have wanted a game also but you got to bear in mind the necessities and guidelines to channel infection risks and (not to mention) adhere to EFL rulings.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:31 am

How many games need to be called off in a season in League One due to “CoVid”, for the EFL to take the stance they did a couple of seasons ago whereby the season was declared null ?

This benefits those clubs struggling to avoid relegation of fear of being dragged into a relegation dig fight ….. or clubs likely to just miss out on the play offs . The farcical situation of points being awarded in the absence of actual games being played could rear its head again, surely ?

Does anyone else believe a club that has a 25 man squad that excludes their U21’s and GK’s couldn’t field a team? And when was the last time a game was postponed due to level of injuries ?

Lincoln’s postponement is utter bollox . There must be transparency and the EFL should be demanding it and providing it .

It’ll be interesting to see if the incidence of CoVid related absenteeism reduces after the busy Christmas fixture period has passed!

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:59 am

Do the club usually offer a refund? Got tickets for this but I highly suspect it’ll be re-arranged for midweek and I can only really do weekend games.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:55 pm

Yes you can normally return tickets in these type of circumstances so I would suspect its no different here

shabba

Post by shabba » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:37 pm

Thank you :)

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:02 pm

shabba wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:37 pm
Thank you :)
New date for this fixture. Glad i can still make it on 8th March.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/januar ... coln-game/

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:49 pm

The day I'm supposed to fly home from Fuerteventura.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 pm

Why would you like that lol. No i meant I'll probably not be back in time.