League 1 - Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

3 Wins in a row?

Bolton Win
7%
Ipswich Win
87%
Draw
7%

Total votes: 15

Frosty
Forum Owner

League 1 - Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by Frosty » Mon Jan 10, 2022 9:03 pm

Image Bolton Wanderers v Ipswich TownImage

Saturday 15th January 2022 – 15:00

University of Bolton Stadium

Pre Match Thoughts - Mike

Sexy Football................

It may only have been Kieran McKenna's second game in charge, and yes it was only three points, and yes it may only have been Gillingham but lets not kid ourselves, that was sexy Football in anyone's book, when comparing it to what us Town fans have seen over the last few years it was light years ahead of anything we can compare it to, I think it is fair to say that the new era that comes with so many hopes and dreams of better times to come is well and truly up and running.

Some of the Football played by Town at the Priestfield Stadium on Saturday past was a joy to watch, from the very first minute until the final whistle Town were "on it" and put on the kind of display we could only dream about in recent times. High tempo passing, intricate one touch pass and move from back to front, defence splitting passes, a willingness to track back and defend in numbers when asked to do so, players actually making themselves available and looking for the ball, Two or Three options every time we were in possession, quality build up for the goals and the goals themselves, what crackers, every player in White did themselves proud and they not only looked like they actually knew what they were doing but they looked like they were enjoying themselves too, yes it had everything and was a far cry from what we were seeing prior to Mckenna's arrival.

Witnessing the positive influence of the gaffer after a mere Three weeks in post really does fill me with excitement, he has found a formation that fits this personnel to a tee as the 3-4-1-2 showed at Gillingham but still spoke after the game about being adaptable and flexible depending on who the opposition is which was one of my biggest gripes and I know I was certainly not alone in that regard, round pegs in round holes and it is no surprise to me that players are coming out with comments to back up the idea that things clearly were not right and that the players were struggling with what they were being asked to do........
“I think you could see from the performance how much all the lads enjoyed it - everyone wanting to get on the ball, everyone playing bravely, everyone playing forward and the quality of the goals was unbelievable.”

Asked how much of that has that come from the manager, the Welshman said: “All of it, to be honest. He’s been a breath of fresh air. Since the boss has come in, everything’s about playing forward, breaking lines, being brave on the ball. I think straight away you could see that today.”
Burns says he loves playing right wing-back: “I enjoy it, I get so much more of the ball facing the goal, one-v-one with the defender. For me it’s perfect. I don’t have to do too much defending because, as I’ve said before, JD [Janoi Donacien] does it all for me!

“I’m enjoying it, the formation suits me down to the ground and I’m pretty sure the lads would agree that it suits them as well.”

The system employed by McKenna with three centre-halves and also three forwards has suited the players.
Just Two of the quotes from Wes Burns after the game and there have been other players with similar views so all in all we also have a very happy squad on our hands which will set us in good stead for the long slog ahead.

Keiran McKenna said after the game that there was no way he could pick out a Man of the Match and that is correct, every player was a good Eight or Nine out of Ten, to see the Three Centre Backs playing so offensively again is great to see and adds much to the attack, for me George Edmundson has looked excellent in the last couple of games while Luke Woolfenden & Janoi Donacien have been pretty much rock solid with Donacien so keen to get forward and create things for the strikers, the wing backs of Burns & Penney were such willing runners with Penney creating a goal for Macauley Bonne who I thought was back to his best and looked superb, while Burns had so many runs into their box which culminated in his well taken goal. The trio of Lee Evans, Sone Aluko and Samy Morsy were brilliant, Morsy for me was outstanding and linked with the rejuvenated Evans so well, and what can we say about Aluko, his defence splitting pass to Penney was up their with the best you will see but his all round game from start to finish was awesome. James Norwood kept his excellent scoring run going with his Fourth in Four and as always worked tirelessly for the team and pout himself about, that leaves Christian Walton who was probably our least effective player but only because the team played so well and left him with little to do, what he did have to do though was A1, yes indeed a super display by each and every one of them.

I don't think even McKenna himself could have asked for a better start to not only his Ipswich Town career but also his managerial career, Two wins, Six points, Two clean sheets and fans drooling over the team again, it doesn't really get much better than that, but while some fans are warning to take it each game at a time, which is totally correct, the boss himself needs no telling, for him to say he wasn't happy with the last Fifteen minutes of the first half after taking them apart is indeed very encouraging and suggests that his standards will only get better and he will not sit back or allow lapses from anyone, that has to be a major positive too and the players concurred with those thoughts themselves, yes we have so many reasons to be cheerful.

Taking it One game at a time takes us to Bolton Wanderers away which with all due respect to Gillingham will almost certainly be a contest and a tougher one for sure. While they may not be setting the League alight they are on their day tough opponents. They are however on a bit of a poor run with Three straight defeats seeing them drop to Seventeenth in the table on Twenty Six points which is only Three more than Morecambe who fill the last relegation spot. Catching them at this time while we have our tails up could be just what we need as it's been some time since we won Three on the bounce and that is the only way we can even consider the possibility of gatecrashing the top Six, add to that winnable games to follow this one and we really could see ourselves in the middle of a great run of results.

I do think this will be harder than Gillingham for sure but I also think if Town can get anywhere close to Seventy Five percent of what they produced on Saturday then another win is on the cards, we really don't have anything to fear and that is why I believe Town will emerge as winners again here, admittedly I would take a scrappy and hard fought single goal win instead of Champagne Football if it means getting the job done, it's all about results and not looking at League tables right now remember, what is it, Eight off the play off's ? I didn't look, somebody told me !!! Keep believing and let's all get behind McKenna and the boys, Win, Lose or Draw. Town win for me. COYB'S

The Opposition – Bolton Wanderers

The club was founded by the Reverend Thomas Ogden, the schoolmaster at Christ Church in 1874 as Christ Church F.C. It was initially run from the church of the same name on Deane Road, Bolton, on the site where the Innovation factory of the University of Bolton now stands. The club left the location following a dispute with the vicar, and changed its name to Bolton Wanderers in 1877. The name was chosen as the club initially had a lot of difficulty finding a permanent ground to play on, having used three venues in its first four years of existence.

Bolton were one of the 12 founder members of the Football League, which formed in 1888. Having remained in the Football League since its formation, Bolton have spent more time in the top flight (Premier League/old First Division) than out of it.

The period before and after the First World War was Bolton's most consistent period of top-flight success as measured by league finishes, with the club finishing outside the top 8 of the First Division on only two occasions between 1911–12 and 1927–28. In this period Bolton equalled their record finish of third twice, in 1920–21 and 1924–25.

On 28 April 1923, Bolton won their first major trophy in their third FA Cup final, beating West Ham United in the first ever Wembley FA Cup final. They followed this up with two further FA Cup Final victories in 1926 & 1929.

From 1935 to 1964, Bolton enjoyed an uninterrupted stay in the top flight.

The years of the Second World War saw most of the Wanderers' playing staff see action on the front, a rare occurrence within elite football, as top sportsmen were generally assigned to physical training assignments, away from enemy fire. However, 15 Bolton professionals, led by their captain Harry Goslin, volunteered for active service in 1939, and were enlisted in the 53rd Bolton Artillery regiment. Only Goslin would not return from the war.

On 9 March 1946, the club's home was the scene of the Burnden Park disaster, which at the time was the worst tragedy in British football history. 33 Bolton Wanderers fans were crushed to death, and another 400 injured, in an FA Cup quarter-final.

Bolton Wanderers have not won a major trophy since 1958, when they overcame Manchester United in the FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium.

While Bolton finished 4th the following season, the next 20 years would prove to be a fallow period. The club suffered relegation to the Second Division in 1963–64, and were then relegated again to the Third Division for the first time in their history in 1970–71. This stay in the Third Division lasted just two years before the club were promoted as champions in 1972–73. Hopes were high at Burnden Park in May 1978 when Bolton sealed the Second Division title and gained promotion to the First Division. However, they only remained there for two seasons before being relegated, and then slipped back into the 3rd Division at the end of the 1982/83 season.

Bolton failed to win promotion in the 1983–84 season, and would remain in the Third Division for another three seasons. In 1986 Nat Lofthouse was appointed President of the football club, a position he would hold until his death on 15 January 2011. At the end of the 1986–87 season, Bolton Wanderers suffered relegation to the Fourth Division for the first time in their history, but won promotion back to the Third Division at the first attempt.

Bolton reached the Premiership in 1995 in the Division One play-off Final. The same year Bolton progressed to the League Cup Final, but were defeated by Liverpool. Bolton were bottom for virtually all of the 1995–96 Premiership campaign and were relegated.

The club won promotion back to the Premiership at the first attempt thanks to a season in which they achieved 98 league points and 100 goals in the process of securing the Division One championship. Unfortunately yet again, Bolton were relegated after only one season in the top flight. This season also marked the club's departure from Burnden Park to the Reebok Stadium.

In 2000–01 Bolton were promoted back to the Premiership after winning the play-off final. Bolton struggled in the following two seasons, but survived in the Premiership.

Bolton reached the League Cup final in 2004, but lost to Middlesbrough. Nevertheless, the club finished eighth in the league, at the time the highest finish in their Premiership history.

In 2005 Bolton finished sixth in the league, thus earning qualification for the UEFA Cup for the first time in their history. Between 2003–04 and 2006–07, Bolton recorded consecutive top-eight finishes. Bolton survived in the 2009–10 season as they finished 14th with 39 points. This secured a tenth successive top flight campaign for Bolton.

On 13 May 2012, Bolton Wanderers were relegated to the Championship by one point on the last day of the season.

The Championship season started badly for Bolton, with only three wins in ten league matches and a second round exit from the League Cup following a loss at Crawley Town, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle on 9 October 2012. Fourteen days later Dougie Freedman joined the club as manager, who guided them to a 7th place finish at the conclusion of the season.

Although Freedman made a number of signings for the 2013/14 campaign, Bolton ended the season firmly mid-table, with the expectations of another promotion push not met.

The 14/15 season started similarly, failing to win any of their first 6 games and only one of the first ten. Freedman left the club on 3 October 2014 by mutual consent, with Neil Lennon taking the helm.

In December 2015, Bolton, who were £172.9 million in debt, were handed a winding-up petition from HM Revenue and Customs over unpaid taxes, and a transfer embargo for the following month's window. On 18 January 2016, the club avoided an immediate winding-up order after their case was adjourned until 22 February to give it time to either close a deal with a potential buyer or raise sufficient short-term funds from asset sales.

On 9 April 2016, Bolton confirmed their relegation to the third tier for the first time since 1993. Lennon was removed from his position for the final few games of the season, replaced by Academy manager Jimmy Phillips.

The financial situation was somewhat improved as a takeover bid by Dean Holdsworth's Sports Shield was successful.

The 2016-2017 season provided some much-needed respite for beleaguered BWFC fans, as the club successfully achieved promotion from League One at the first attempt. New manager Phil Parkinson was instrumental in this, working despite an ongoing transfer embargo and ownership disputes between Holdsworth and Ken Anderson. Wanderers finished their first season back in the Championship in 21st place, avoiding relegation by 2 points.

Throughout the 2018–19 Championship season Bolton were faced with ongoing financial difficulties. Following the collapse of the permanent signing of on-loan striker Christian Doidge, Forest Green Rovers commenced legal action over lost earnings. In February 2019, Bolton were again issued a winding-up petition by HMRC which was subsequently adjourned, first until April, and then again until the end of the season as their search for a new owner continued. The financial difficulties affected the football operations with the training ground temporary closing in March 2019 and games against Ipswich, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa being threatened with postponement or being played behind closed doors as the local council Safety Advisory Group (SAG) threatened to revoke the stadium safety certificate. The Bolton Whites Hotel, owned by Ken Anderson, was also issued with a winding-up petition in March 2019. The team was relegated back to League One in April after a 23rd place finish. In a further development on 26 April, the home match against Brentford was called off by the English Football League 16 hours before kick off after Bolton's players, supported by the Professional Footballers' Association, refused to play until they had received their unpaid wages. On 3 May the Brentford game was cancelled by the EFL and a 1-0 result and 3 points awarded to Brentford.

By May the club had collapsed into administration due to a £1.2m unpaid tax bill. Five days later Fildraw appointed administrators from insolvency firm David Rubin and Partners. In accordance with league rules on administration, Bolton will be required to start the 2019–20 season with minus 12 points. On 14 May it was reported that some non-playing staff were forced to use food bank donations from local businesses and a local Championship club, believed to be Preston North End, as Bolton had not paid them for April's work.

On 28 August, Bolton announced that the club's sale to Football Ventures (Whites) Limited had been completed, with the administrator paying tribute to the Eddie Davies Trust and their legal team, and criticising Ken Anderson who had "used his position as a secured creditor to hamper and frustrate any deal that did not benefit him or suit his purposes." Days later, Keith Hill was announced as the new club manager. He signed nine players before the transfer deadline closed, and his first win came on 22 October, 2–0 against Bristol Rovers, Bolton's first win in 22 matches.

On 21 November 2019, Bolton were handed a five-point deduction, suspended for 18 months, and fined £70,000, half of which was suspended for 18 months, for failure to fulfil two fixtures (against Brentford and Doncaster). The points would not be deducted if Bolton fulfilled all fixtures during the 18-month period. An EFL appeal against what it saw as a "lenient" penalty was rejected by an arbitration panel in January 2020. On 9 June 2020, the EFL League One decided to end the 2019–20 season early due to the COVID-19 pandemic, causing bottom club Bolton Wanderers to go down to the fourth tier of English football for the first time since 1988 and only the second time in their history.

Following relegation, the club announced that Keith Hill and assistant David Flitcroft would leave the club when their contracts expired at the end of June. Barrow manager Ian Evatt was appointed Hill's successor on 1 July 2020. Despite being in 17th place through 24 matches, Bolton orchestrated an impressive season turnaround guided by manager Evatt. They completed the League Two season in third place after a 4–1 win against Crawley Town on the final day of the season–– enough to secure automatic promotion to League One for 2021–22.

The Manager – Ian Evatt

Form Guide

Bolton Last 5 Matches - Currently in 17th place with 26 points

27 Nov Bolton 2 - 2 Cheltenham

7 Dec Fleetwood 3 - 0 Bolton

11 Dec Accrington 1 - 0 Bolton

26 Dec Bolton pp. Morecambe

1 Jan Rotherham 2 - 1 Bolton

Ipswich Last 5 Matches – Currently in 10th place with 35 points

11 Dec Wigan Athletic 1 - 1 Ipswich Town

18 Dec Ipswich Town 1 - 1 Sunderland

29 Dec Ipswich Town 1 - 0 Wycombe

1 Jan Ipswich Town pp. Lincoln City

8 Jan Gillingham 0 - 4 Ipswich Town

Match Referee – Robert Madley

BOLTON WANDERERS 1 IPSWICH TOWN 2

MasseyFerguson

Re: League 1 - Bolton Wanderers vs Ipswich Town Preview & Matchday Thread

Post by MasseyFerguson » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:20 pm

As luck would have it, McKenna's first few games in charge could have been hand picked to provide a solid foundation for building momentum and confidence. This should be another three pointer and a further step up the ladder towards the top six.

McKenna's influence was there for all to see last time out. He is a breath of fresh air. 0-2 for me.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:01 pm

Should be an interesting match to judge the impact McKenna is having on the team.
Definitely a match Town would have lost under Cook, so interesting to see if progress after first 2 games in charge is solid.
Bolton seem to to have fallen off the pace quite a bit over the last few months so 3 points are important to get play off position.

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:22 pm

"that leaves Christian Walton who was probably our least effective player but only because the team played so well and left him with little to do, what he did have to do though was A1"

Just wanted to point out that actually Walton impressed me with his distribution, often rolling the ball out quickly to the back 3 when he had the ball and sometimes taking some brave decisions with this.

We shouldn't underestimate the impact of this on the game and the value of having a confident keeper on top of his game. A lesser keeper who isn't seeing these passes so often might miss the chance and end up kicking a lot more, and our game would have looked quite different then.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:54 pm

Completely agree, my point is he didn't have to do too much of it, which is a credit to the team

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:07 am

I wonder if Haldky ( or has never really impressed me personally I have to say), would look and fair better behind the new assured back line?

I say this because we really may not get Walton back here after Saturday.

shabba

Post by shabba » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:53 pm

He played vs Wycombe in KM’s first game and was neither bad or good really.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:46 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:07 am
I wonder if Haldky ( or has never really impressed me personally I have to say), would look and fair better behind the new assured back line?

I say this because we really may not get Walton back here after Saturday.
Hladky was superb keeper at St Mirren, every St Mirren fan i know rated him highly. Was being touted as Old Firm keeper. Was superb at Salford. Seems to have had a bad start at Ipswich, maybe a drop in confidence. Hopefully gets back to what he is capable of

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:28 pm

We have a habit of destroying good players

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:09 pm

I have to admit that i like the noises coming out of Portman Rd at the moment.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/januar ... or-bolton/

KM speaks very well and in a straight forward manner, and while the new regime is very much in its infancy, to a point where it is still too early to judge, i have to say it is definitely a positive case of "so far, so good"
I have made no secret of my backing for PC and that i felt he was sacked far too soon. I still stand by that train of thought! We will never know now whether he was going to come good on his slow start, however the very same squad of players (so far) + the reintroduced Norwood and fit again Burns, appear to be doing what PC failed to do with even the slightest level of consistency. Therefore, if the current honeymoon period continues to yield enhanced performances & results, i am happy to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong!

Onwards and Upwards!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:31 pm

You'll come to your senses one day Mark, Cook would never have come good here.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:04 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:09 pm
I have to admit that i like the noises coming out of Portman Rd at the moment.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2022/januar ... or-bolton/

KM speaks very well and in a straight forward manner, and while the new regime is very much in its infancy, to a point where it is still too early to judge, i have to say it is definitely a positive case of "so far, so good"
I have made no secret of my backing for PC and that i felt he was sacked far too soon. I still stand by that train of thought! We will never know now whether he was going to come good on his slow start, however the very same squad of players (so far) + the reintroduced Norwood and fit again Burns, appear to be doing what PC failed to do with even the slightest level of consistency. Therefore, if the current honeymoon period continues to yield enhanced performances & results, i am happy to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong!

Onwards and Upwards!
I agree with all of that. I think someone else said that the absence of Burns was a big part of Cook's downfall and I think that comment was spot on too.

Anyway, it's all about KMcK now and things are really looking up.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:18 pm

I think the absence of Burns and Norwood are not even close to the reasons for Cook’s downfall. Cook is an old school manager, and he seemingly didn’t have the modern football acumen to get his ‘Babes’ playing well consistently. Just in the two games KM has influenced, the players all over the pitch have improved their passing, pace, vision, movement and positional awareness. We’ll see how long it lasts, but in my opinion we now have a manager who can translate how to play quality football to more than capable players.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:09 pm

I agree No9, Cook was starting to lose the dressing room already, his players who wanted to play for him, was doomed.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:10 pm

And another thing, Cook chose to ditch Norwood, I'm amazed people can't see how hopeless he was.

MasseyFerguson

Post by MasseyFerguson » Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:20 pm

I think the absence of Burns was important, though I do accept some of charges against Cook. I may be wrong but I think our record in league games under Cook when Burns played was won 5, drew 4, lost 2. Not stellar but not awful. Not sacking form.

AzzurroMark

Post by AzzurroMark » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:34 am

However accurate that stat about Burns may be it certainly makes you think.

Look, i didn't really want to open up the PC debate in this thread, it was more my way of saying i was behind him, didn't agree with his sacking, but it is looking like i was wrong and holding my hands up to that.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:07 am

AzzurroMark wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:34 am
However accurate that stat about Burns may be it certainly makes you think.

Look, i didn't really want to open up the PC debate in this thread, it was more my way of saying i was behind him, didn't agree with his sacking, but it is looking like i was wrong and holding my hands up to that.
When I read Cook’s bio, I thought he had all the credentials to be successful at ITFC. It didn’t happen, and the Americans are not overly patient. Mark Ashton is now on the line for producing a winning formula…and he will in my opinion. No probs about backing Cook. I backed Cook until Barrow.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:44 am

I backed Cook before he came here, guilty as charged but my god it was a mess which would only have got worse. Anyhow we move on.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:23 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:44 am
I backed Cook before he came here, guilty as charged but my god it was a mess which would only have got worse. Anyhow we move on.
You are not the only one who thought that , there were lots of us, I am one who is definitely glad he has gone. He was tactically inept .

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:20 am

Gave the vote to win. Kind of feel sympathy for Bolton, they had some level of highs in recent years but what's done is done. No sense in being involved during game time, it's f**king futile therefore plan to put time to better use and pick out talking points once contest is over and when occasion permits it.

Kind of grates when there's a clear opportunity to get out this league with time and points remaining however resigned oneself in that it's highly unlikely to come to pass. All you can do is retain momentum and continue to press forward, gain as high a finishing position as we are able, or inclined, et cetera.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:35 pm

Great save from Walton on 32 mins, we really can’t afford to lose him.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:36 pm

Two let offs in two minutes, we’re really lucky not to be behind.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:37 pm

Great stream from ifollow today, must have been the VPN which is now switched off.

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:40 pm

Bolton are definitely giving us a game.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:42 pm

Edmundson and Woolfie are a bloody liability right now

We’re giving them SO much room … nowhere near close enough to them to even make a tackle . Waiting for someone rose to make a move … or pass . We’re Very hesitant !
Last edited by hallamblue on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:45 pm

Bolton looking too good for comfort here. Town need half time ASAP to get reorganised.

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:45 pm

McKenna has work to do at HT.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:53 pm

Charnwood wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:45 pm
McKenna has work to do at HT.
I'm very keen to see the tactical switch KM makes...

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:54 pm

Penny, Evans are poor, Bonne not had a kick. Edmondson and Woolfenden have had there moments. Mckenna needs to earn his money during HT.