Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

AzzurroMark

Re: Kieran McKenna's 1st Transfer Window Rumour Thread

Post by AzzurroMark » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:39 pm

Not heard of him tbh but interest from decent clubs and in McKenna and Ashton I trust.

ashfordblue

Post by ashfordblue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:48 pm

AzzurroMark wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm
Jordan Storey anybody?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-to ... ey-8626926
Well, we know that Mckenna is after a quality CB and Jordan Storey certainly fits the bill, he has been a regular in the PNE side but has suddenly had a fallout with the Preston boss if he does come here ??? big if, with Wednesday and Mackems also after him it would be a coup to sign him on a loan basis as he's contracted to the Lilly whites until 2025

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:58 pm

The signs are good that Christian Walton is in the bag. 👍

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:13 pm

Great signing if true. Feel for Hdklay though but that’s football sometimes.

Be nice to get a LB and CB in before the window shuts and maybe move a couple out permanently and give loans to a couple of others

shabba

Post by shabba » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:43 pm

To some extent yes but I also suspect they are in much better wages here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:35 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:18 pm
Well done Mark Ashton if it comes off, not such a bad guy after all.
No it certainly will be a big coup if MA gets this one over the line.

I’ll say this just once more . I think Ashton is very good at his job . *******My only fear is just how far his remit extends within the Club*****

Now if there’s going to be comments (which are clearly having a dig at my “ sack Ashton “ thread which I posted when I was steaming at the way Cook was sacked, and the teams absolute sh*t performances thereafter) every time something happens at the Club, then there’s little point in my posting a view on here any more.

You’ve all made your point. I get it. But can we please just give it a rest now . Thank you .

number 9

Post by number 9 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:09 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:35 pm
Bluemike wrote:

I’ll say this just once more . I think Ashton is very good at his job . *******My only fear is just how far his remit extends within the Club*****

Now if there’s going to be comments (which are clearly having a dig at my “ sack Ashton “ thread which I posted when I was steaming at the way Cook was sacked, and the teams absolute sh*t performances thereafter) every time something happens at the Club, then there’s little point in my posting a view on here any more.

You’ve all made your point. I get it. But can we please just give it a rest now . Thank you .
I think it’s all in fun Hallam. I think your comments are great…you’re a regular, well informed poster! Keep it up, dear!

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:02 am

Correct No9. Not a dig at anyone, more a tongue in cheek comment as there are some who question him in certain areas. My stand on it is that he is fab at his job and vital for the club going forward hence my right to remark on it which I will continue to do. As I say certainly not aimed at you Liz or anyone else specifically.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:17 am

I have a similar view to you Hallam……… BUT……. Not just with Mark Ashton ——->> just with that “job” in particular. Its like a modern day “made up” job that was essentially built into managers jobs in days gone by.
Did Sir Bobby Robson have a “Mark Ashton”? Think SBR targeted players and won the UEFA CUP on his own and Bobby Ferguson made the tea! :D

My point is…….. its a highly, (feckin HIGHLY) paid job that seems unnecessary to me. And as Ricco has said on a few posts, (if things go paps), i hope his “ROLE” is scrutinised.

Edit to add:
I also got a general feeling during the first “Sunderland til i die” netflix documentary that Chris Coleman didn’t REALLY know why the CEO was even there. And he looks properly annoyed when he himself was emptied before the CEO. That part in the room when theyre shaking hands…… Chris looks like he’s thinking, “you better be next you sponging b*stard.”

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 am

Marko, great to see you posting buddy. I completely agree regarding the need for a CEO at any football club, however that is the way the game has gone and as such we need one, especially with our owners being across the pond and not hands on

My thing is in Ashton I believe we have a very good, proactive CEO who gets it done, had we had one years ago we probably wouldn't have been in L1 and struggling. I find the cherry picking of Ashtons good traits odd, its been remarked upon that he may well have been responsible for some of the Summer signings which is a concern to some and yet its acknowledged we have a bloody good set of players for this division, so its all a bit ambiguous for me.

I tell you one thing, without Ashton I doubt very much Bonne and Walton would still be here, most thought they wouldn't be anyway. In football everyone knows everything there is to know and as such Ashton will definitely be very well known in footballing circles, I,E, how he works etc so Kieran McKenna would not have even considered the job if he thought he couldn't work with the guy or that he wouldn't have total control of team affairs, it just wouldn't happen.

I think Ashton and the board were spot on in sacking Cook as he was all over the place in certain areas and losing the plot, his win ratio was horrendous and tactics etc so very limited. Yes he had success elsewhere which frankly I couldn't give a sh*t about but so did Hurst and Lambert to a degree and that ended well. This club is a massive club at the level we are at and Cook couldn't handle the pressure or responsibility and thankfully we had a board and CEO that recognised it before it dragged us down further, which it would have done, and they acted quickly, that for me was impressive as was Ashton and co even being able to bring McKenna here.

valleyroad

Post by valleyroad » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:30 am

number 9 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:09 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:35 pm
Bluemike wrote:

I think it’s all in fun Hallam. I think your comments are great…you’re a regular, well informed poster! Keep it up, dear!
Oh dear

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:32 pm

Lol don’t worry VR, I know number 9 of old and he’s by no means being condescending when he says that… :lol: I think it’s just
“ his way”

Now onto Other things:

1) Maaaaaaaaaaaaarko…..I’ve SO missed you munchkin here’s a big Lizzie Lou hug 🤗🤗 to welcome you ( I hope) back on the forum, and I hope things resolve family wise. Family is everything! Your post was good as well.

2) Mark Ashton… ( apologies for my long text here but want to say it and be done and move on and watch what happens ).

Personally I’m not actually trying to knock Ashton. As Mike rightly says , he’s done so much good since he’s been at this Club. But I have read around about him (especially since a few Bristol fans raised a few issues they had with him). It’s no different from what most fans would say about Evans if Huddersfield fans asked us , “what do we think of him”? We’d say ( of Evans) , he saved our club. BUT he thereafter appeared to lose interest in funding the Club to a meaningful level. He was rarely at the Club, rarely engaging with the fans etc etc

Now we have moved on and we have a fella called Mark Ashton who is the polar opposite.

He’s involved in EVERYTHING ( micro manages?), at the club. Has a huge reputation ( ego?) within the game, has a plan (totally science , data based), everyone at the Club in the “ backroom staff”, HAS to fit with his plan. (No room for individualism?), if they don’t “fit”, they’re out (Cook and his staff) .

For what it’s worth I do now agree that Cook (and his “coaches”?) really weren’t cutting. He’d lost his right hand man and it showed. What I didn’t like was the brutality / timing / swiftness of his sacking. It rang alarm bells frankly , if Ashton can organise a board meeting ,put his case for a managers removal …..and it’s accepted without question, what chance anyone else at the club ? The issue surrounding Norwood, the numerous performance staff Ashton recruited, regardless of what Cook and Roberts thought (I don’t think they were even consulted )….it left me asking the question “ Where does Ashton’s remit end” ? He cuts a VERY powerful figure at this Club now. So who IS in charge? What happens if things go wrong, and the brown stuff hits that fan, does he just sack someone else? When is HE accountable?

Please believe me when I say I’m not on a witch hunt here….. I’m just asking these questions because there’s that horrible unease within me.

I did read around as I’ve said, and an article in the local Watford press regarding Mark Ashton makes interesting reading. An a article in the Bristol press , similarly. So whilst he’s very good at his job gets things done, etc ….COULD there be trouble ahead for Town? I don’t know, and I’m happy to see things transform at Town, we’ve had a looooong time to wait for this.

We all felt that Evans was a ruthless businessman…..maybe Ashton has very similar qualities as a CEO, the impact of which is yet to unveil themselves……time will tell, but if the brown stuff hits the fan, but we are by then in the Champions League, then maybe that’s a risk worth taking eh!

Thanks for your patience x

number 9

Post by number 9 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:52 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:32 pm
Lol don’t worry VR, I know number 9 of old and he’s by no means being condescending when he says that… :lol: I think it’s just
“ his way”
Not condescending at all. Dear is a term of endearment in my family, but aren’t Valley & Blue little dears for standing up for ya? :wink:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:01 pm

Little somethings yes lol.

Hallam, I think one thing you've got wrong is the Norwood thing, his removal from the squad was down to Cook, it had to be or he would not be back playing now, the board etc just wouldn't give in and go back on it, it was deffo Cook's actions.

Kerry Blue

Post by Kerry Blue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:33 pm

Great to have Marko back he has been missed, as to Ashton I agree he has been very good so far, a friend of mine here in the Algarve a Bristol City fan is not sure about him and was pleased he left but then that's what you would expect him to say, I must admit I thought at the time why would he leave a championship club time will tell.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:28 pm

number 9 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:52 pm
hallamblue wrote:
“ his way”
Not condescending at all. Dear is a term of endearment in my family, but aren’t Valley & Blue little dears for standing up for ya? :wink:
Lol yes they are Number 9, and I certainly took no offence from your comment . X

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:30 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:01 pm

Hallam, I think one thing you've got wrong is the Norwood thing, his removal from the squad was down to Cook, it had to be or he would not be back playing now, the board etc just wouldn't give in and go back on it, it was deffo Cook's actions.
But Norwood ( as soon as cook was sacked) Tweeted categorically that he and Cook had no issues and that Cooks hands were tied Regarding his inclusion in the squad / team. That’s why it makes no sense….

If it wasn’t Cook, then that only leaves one other person who has authority on a day to day basis at the Club doesn’t it, ( which he almost immediately distanced himself from ), and IF that was the case, then this illustrates totally my concerns.

James Norwood
@jnorwood_10
For anyone thinking this isn’t genuine, you’re wrong. Me and the gaffer spoke every day and we had no issues whatsoever and never had a fallout. Hes a top man and we got on very well and had a laugh. Like I said, his hands were tied.

James Norwood
@jnorwood_10
Gutted to see the gaffer go. We have a great relationship on and off the field. He was up against it for a multitude of reasons this season and I genuinely wish him the best in the future.
7:45 PM · Dec 4, 2021
Share this Tweet

mendipblue

Post by mendipblue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:57 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:30 pm
Bluemike wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:01 pm

But Norwood ( as soon as cook was sacked) Tweeted categorically that he and Cook had no issues and that Cooks hands were tied Regarding his inclusion in the squad / team. That’s why it makes no sense….

If it wasn’t Cook, then that only leaves one other person who has authority on a day to day basis at the Club doesn’t it, ( which he almost immediately distanced himself from ), and IF that was the case, then this illustrates totally my concerns.

James Norwood
@jnorwood_10
For anyone thinking this isn’t genuine, you’re wrong. Me and the gaffer spoke every day and we had no issues whatsoever and never had a fallout. Hes a top man and we got on very well and had a laugh. Like I said, his hands were tied.

James Norwood
@jnorwood_10
Gutted to see the gaffer go. We have a great relationship on and off the field. He was up against it for a multitude of reasons this season and I genuinely wish him the best in the future.
7:45 PM · Dec 4, 2021
Share this Tweet
Is this your way of giving this topic "A REST NOW"? :lol:
Only joking, I think Norwood not playing was down to PC not MA.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:02 pm

Hallam, Norwood also stated he wasn't drink driving lmao, don't believe anything he says.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:55 pm

hallamblue wrote:
1) Maaaaaaaaaaaaarko…..I’ve SO missed you munchkin here’s a big Lizzie Lou hug 🤗🤗 to welcome you ( I hope) back on the forum, and I hope things resolve family wise. Family is everything! Your post was good as well.
Awwww, Hen……. Thanks. You ok with “hen”? Its an endearing Edinburgh word. :D
I heard my Aunt Maria say it last week to my daughter…… “See ye later, hen!” 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

Family is definitely everything and the kids are just a total hair whitening stress at the moment. Everything crossed for this year and praying my son can follow in the footsteps of the people who’ve been proper success stories. I have total faith in him.

EVERYONE ON HERE……… get KETOGENIC eating. Starve the Cancer. 👍👍👍👍👍

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm

Marko, sorry to hear (I'm assuming from your post) that you have had/are having a cancer battle in the family. I'm wishing that you all find the strength to beat it using whatever means works. Nice to see you back here.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:54 pm

marko69 wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:55 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Awwww, Hen……. Thanks. You ok with “hen”? Its an endearing Edinburgh word. :D
I heard my Aunt Maria say it last week to my daughter…… “See ye later, hen!” 🤦‍♂️ :lol:

Family is definitely everything and the kids are just a total hair whitening stress at the moment. Everything crossed for this year and praying my son can follow in the footsteps of the people who’ve been proper success stories. I have total faith in him.

EVERYONE ON HERE……… get KETOGENIC eating. Starve the Cancer. 👍👍👍👍👍
Ha ha absolutely nae problem with “ hen” as long as you don’t expect half a dozen eggs every week ( though some would argue I’d have no problem producing lol ) .

My fingers are firmly crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞for your boy marko x

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:55 pm

Dubai Blue wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 pm
Marko, sorry to hear (I'm assuming from your post) that you have had/are having a cancer battle in the family. I'm wishing that you all find the strength to beat it using whatever means works. Nice to see you back here.
Thanks very much Dubai. It has been a hectic past couple months but with my son now into a very steady routine of radio & chemotherapy, I am starting to feel as if he's actually on the road now to try and beat this thing.

Really do not want to turn the thread into a health issue thread so I will say thanks for all the well wishes for Scotty too Hotty, I see him every other day, (we have our routine) ......, and I feel more comfortable popping on the internet every now and then to discuss the "other" stuff in life like football and Wolfies quizzes! Thanks all of you.

But seriously........

cancer feeds on sugar.......

Cut it out!!

Ok......, McKenna? Win next match or get your Man Utd boot bag packed!! :D

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:57 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:54 pm
Ha ha absolutely nae problem with “ hen” as long as you don’t expect half a dozen eggs every week ( though some would argue I’d have no problem producing lol ) .

My fingers are firmly crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞for your boy marko x
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: That was a genuine laugh out loud.

Thanks Hallam. xx

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:09 pm

Meant to say …. “ Edinburgh “!! That’s the posh bit of Scotland marko 👍 :D

As for sugar …. It’s pure poison for the body ( it activates the same areas of the brain that amphetamines and cocaine does), it’s also a no no for Alzheimer’s sufferers too as it makes cognitive function much worse .

So ditch those jelly beans 👍

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:56 am

Agreed with the sugar comments. I'm in the middle of my own variation of dry January when I cut out all additional sugars and also beer. Maybe I'll extend it longer. What is interesting is how much of a cold turkey cutting out sugar gives and the tricks it plays on the brain. Would recommend anyone to try a month without added sugars (excluding fruit sugar from actual fruit & veg of course).

Dubai Blue

Post by Dubai Blue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:58 am

Seems to be taking time to get Walton over the line. Hope we see something today and he is not disturbed from Saturday prep.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:36 am

Yes it is isn’t it. I’m hoping we’ll hear something on Thursday ( the normal Club press match interview stuff? ) ….. I’m sure Walton is here permanently now , it’s probably very busy at the Club trying to get other deals ( in & out ) completed.