To Tell The Truth

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Anglo-Saxon

To Tell The Truth

Post by Anglo-Saxon » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:33 am

It's not just being an IPswich fan, which I am through and through, it's about being your self, I don't HATE the Norwich, they are nearly the same as us LOL, but I will not stand people who insult them for no reason(still a crap colour) I'll put a vote up, you decide, should they come on or not, I don't want answers just a vote.

Roylemark

Post by Roylemark » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:00 am

I have no problems with Norwich fans coming on here for a bit of friendly advice :) ,i`m living and working in Norwich at the moment and i think they are a lovly bunch of people.

McDonna29
Site Administrator

Re: To Tell The Truth

Post by McDonna29 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:11 pm

Personally, I don't mind fans from ANY other team coming along to any forum and posting as long as it's vaguely intelligent and not just blatant slagging off.

I welcome intelligent and friendly debate/banter, to me that's a part of what football is about. Though it does start to get a bit annoying sometimes when there's more "banter" than "real" ITFC stuff.

toby

Post by toby » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:02 pm

I'm with Harrowblue (sorry "McDonna23"!).

I've no problem with anyone coming on here as long as they remember that it IS an Ipswich Town forum and that they are guests here, if they want a discussion or a bit of banter then that's fine but as soon as it becomes mindless slanging matches then I think the moderators need to step in (whether it's a Town/Norwich or other fan causing the trouble).

Dazza

Post by Dazza » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:39 pm

Agreed.

They have to see this as their "second" forum, keep the comments low key, we dont need every topic a banter contest, and we dont need every other topic being started by Norwich fans (unless its interesting) (they have their own forums for general stuff).

Thats the way I see it anyway... But its up to you guys how you want this place run!

dayo

Post by dayo » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:57 pm

as a new member on your board , i hope that all my posts will be purely banter , with no malice intended . on the subject of posts , i can assure you all that when norwich fans go on and post stupid comments we usually cringe , as i find it is better to post something constructive or witty as a retort .

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm

Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:33 am
It's not just being an IPswich fan, which I am through and through, it's about being your self, I don't HATE the Norwich, they are nearly the same as us LOL, but I will not stand people who insult them for no reason(still a crap colour) I'll put a vote up, you decide, should they come on or not, I don't want answers just a vote.
Whatever happened to Anglo-Saxon, always remember him coming on one of the Wolf sites, great laugh, one reason I found this site, cant believe it was back in 2003.

number 9

Post by number 9 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Pukki’s on my fantasy league team. I always cheer when he scores!

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:45 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:02 pm
Anglo-Saxon wrote:
Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:33 am
Whatever happened to Anglo-Saxon, always remember him coming on one of the Wolf sites, great laugh, one reason I found this site, cant believe it was back in 2003.
Met him once which was on a flight to one of our European games. As you say a great laugh but have no idea what happened to him.

arana peligrosa

Post by arana peligrosa » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:31 am

Years back there'd be frequent City fans coming on but never lasted long. Bans were handed out here and there although things never really got out of hand to warrant a dismissal. Keano's the Man, Magilton Til He Dies, KZF to name but a few. Guess there were others but the most vivid participants from recollection.

Just for the record I got no real animosity with Norwich, realize there will be some with a tangible distaste or view them as something horrendous but for the most part they've always been something of a non-entity. You always bring up the respective honors and achievements as a comparison but credit where it's due they have done well in recent time and sell out Carrow Road often. Got a disliking more for West Ham and Liverpool, there's actual (can't find the operative word right now) so will use dislike again to keep things simple. Norwich are harmless, and truth be told the Pink Un is occasionally of interest for how they view our own progress (or lack of).

One or two may find a way through TWTD in fact they've admitted so on the aforementioned Pink Un forum but many fail to notice it and instead label them as say 'extremely pessimistic followers of our own' - until - if or when - they get revealed for what they are.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:05 am

Wow......, a post from 16 years ago?! :shock:

I suppose it’s a question of maturity, Anglo. I lack that in abundance and just f**king LOVE insulting Jambos......, bucket raking knuckle draggers that they are!! No doubt if I hailed from So’f*ck, I’d enjoy insulting Norwich fans too! All part of the fun. If no derby rival insults, then what’s the point?

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:50 am

Bit like me with the Hedge cutting, fucktards

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:45 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:05 am
Wow......, a post from 16 years ago?! :shock:

I suppose it’s a question of maturity, Anglo. I lack that in abundance and just f**king LOVE insulting Jambos......, bucket raking knuckle draggers that they are!! No doubt if I hailed from So’f*ck, I’d enjoy insulting Norwich fans too! All part of the fun. If no derby rival insults, then what’s the point?
Marko, do you ever look back on message boards ?, the different of opinions of people over the years, one thing I notice is the Town fans are more tolerant than the Wolves fans,( but we are usually on the way down so that could be the reason) LOL
Also folk that no longer post or perhaps do but under a different username, Reading posts from the past, one of the big misses on here is the legend THE DON, so sadly taken at a young age. RIP.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 am

Yes, The Don had humour in abundance and that’s what a few on here related to. His dry wit was second to none. Definitely missed. RIP.

Must admit I don’t normally go back in forum archives. I’ve done it a few times, (not on here) to dig up posts from argumentative people who’ve completely changed their opinions. Can’t speak for everyone but i generally do remember what people post. Any blatant change in their beliefs to cause a stir, just got to call them out on it.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:09 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:54 am
Yes, The Don had humour in abundance and that’s what a few on here related to. His dry wit was second to none. Definitely missed. RIP.

Must admit I don’t normally go back in forum archives. I’ve done it a few times, (not on here) to dig up posts from argumentative people who’ve completely changed their opinions. Can’t speak for everyone but i generally do remember what people post. Any blatant change in their beliefs to cause a stir, just got to call them out on it.
Probably shows I'm just bored being stuck at home with her indoors (Leeds U) being the only topic LOL

It does make me laugh, good example was Graham Taylors reign at the Mol, one of our forum warriors saying he was the best manager to ever manage us (before his first match), then by the end of the season he was rubbish and should be sacked, then when he passed the same poster saying what a great manager he was and we should have giving him more time, to give this poster consistency he has said this about every manager since, (well except Saunders). LOL.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:40 pm

goldandblack wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:09 pm
Probably shows I'm just bored being stuck at home with her indoors (Leeds U) being the only topic LOL

It does make me laugh, good example was Graham Taylors reign at the Mol, one of our forum warriors saying he was the best manager to ever manage us (before his first match), then by the end of the season he was rubbish and should be sacked, then when he passed the same poster saying what a great manager he was and we should have giving him more time, to give this poster consistency he has said this about every manager since, (well except Saunders). LOL.
:lol: Yep, it usually always is about previous managers isn't it?

Someone on this forum, (and honestly can't remember who) was waxing lyrical when Roy Keane was appointed, then commenting that he should never have been appointed when he left the club! :? :lol:

Happens all the time with Hibs......., and not just on forums........, family members changing with the weather!! :astroll:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:31 pm

marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:40 pm
goldandblack wrote:

Someone on this forum, (and honestly can't remember who) was waxing lyrical when Roy Keane was appointed, then commenting that he should never have been appointed when he left the club! :? :lol:

Happens all the time with Hibs......., and not just on forums........, family members changing with the weather!! :astroll:
There was a fair few of them.

goldandblack

Post by goldandblack » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:31 pm
marko69 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:40 pm
goldandblack wrote:

There was a fair few of them.
to be honest I think I said he would do well at the Town, personally I cant stand the thug, but most managers would do well given time at clubs,(remember I'm looking in from outside so I don't know the ins and outs ) just happens for some it doesn't work out, I always thought Paul Hurst would be a good fit given time,
I think we had 6 managers in 3 or 4 years and except for Dean Saunders I think they all would have done well given time.