Season Tickets

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

derick_ipsw

Re: Season Ticket Prices

Post by derick_ipsw » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:25 pm
tangfastic wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:47 am
Bluemike wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:27 am
Well I now know of 6 people I work with who are all getting one for the first time, it's a start !!
It’s great to here that. Out of interest, what was the reason they decided to get a ST? Surely, it couldn’t be the reduced price alone.
5 are returning casuals who got fed up under MM and who now want a ST for the first time at what they deem is a good price, another has a child who is now of an age to be left alone and who has decided to get his first ST, another just loves the feelgood factor and wants to commit, that's seven now.
Only another 13993 to go and 20% off. :lol:

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:26 pm

Well hopefully we still have the 10k we already had lol

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:50 pm

Now that the Scotland job has been brought into the conversation, it’s forcing me to say what I actually believe, (results wise), he’s done absolutely f*ck all since Norwich.

As a group, the Scotland lads are doing ok, which is what Lambo has done at Ipswich......, but Scotland look like sh*t on the park, and Lambo hasn’t really sorted out Ipswich looking like sh*t.

Few Celtic fannies will no doubt like Lambo as Scotland boss. Not for me. I’m personally hoping Strachan has another go.

Lambo at ITFC and gets promo first go.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 pm

I get what you’re saying marko , but this is not Lamberts squad . I’ll reserve judgement until this time next season !

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:28 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:16 pm
I get what you’re saying marko , but this is not Lamberts squad . I’ll reserve judgement until this time next season !
Which is what I’m saying. The Scotland team isnt his squad either. Obviously understand that there is way less to choose from in the international scene, but inheriting teams is not his thing.

You are correct though, with a summer shake up, Ipswich could be great next season just like that Carrot outfit in that one particular League One season.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:31 pm

From what I saw of Scotland recently he would be lowering his standards to a ridiculous level

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:35 pm

Individually at club level, they all make the headlines for good reasons. They just can’t do it as a group. Andy Roxburgh was the last decent boss whereby he had the players feeling the passion and playing for the jersey. And Scott Brown needs to retire.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:37 pm

But going back to Lambert, after Derick brought the subject up......, results wise, (which is Scotland’s problem)...... nope to Lambert.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Results will come Marko, performances are greatly improved and warranted much more points wise and the feelgood factor is very much returning, without that results mean nothing cus no bugger cares

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:08 pm

nicscreamer wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:32 pm
As a new (well Long long long time lapsed and returning) season ticket buyer , the reason I am getting one is the renewed joy that I experienced at matches towards the end of this season. The entertainment has returned, and that Is the sole reason I go to matches. Winning is to a large part secondary to me.

I too will be a returning season ticket holder for next season for the same reasons. The missus enjoyed the game she went too and commented on how different it is now form when she last watched under McCarthy. So we will get 2 tickets.

I think season ticket sales will comfortably surpass 14000 and we will all enjoy a further 20% reduction. This will increase the value compared to match day tickets that will again encourage others to purchase even if they can not attend every game.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:34 pm

You think it will easily pass 14000 ? Wow really ? I hope you are right Ando, that would be fantastic.

I always disagreed with Andym when he said entertainment was more important to him than winning and while I still want Town to win every game I do kinda get what he means, despite relegation I've enjoyed the last few months more than anything over the last Three years, its bizarre.

itfc76trev

Post by itfc76trev » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:37 pm

i shall be renewing mine and my daughter :D

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Yeh I do, my brother in law runs a travel company that transport the Lowestof branch of the Ipswich Supporters club and he told me the company had received plenty of enquiries about transport to home games and this was before the price release. So yeh I'm very optimistic about the numbers I just get a feeling off the pitch the club is finally getting it right.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:48 pm

That is fab, and in my opinion all down to Lambert.

Ando

Post by Ando » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:16 pm

Yeh totally agree, let's hope we can start to get it right on the pitch in terms of results. I have really enjoyed the style of play since Lambert took over. The players are so much better in possession, I think we will need to mix it up a little bit from time to time and recognise when we need to be a little more direct especially when we break on the counter. Can't wait to be honest.

hallamblue

Post by hallamblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:50 pm

It could be an awesome atmosphere at PR next season......... but also a very frustrating one as I think teams might well come here and shut up shop to get a point!

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:13 pm

hallamblue wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:50 pm
It could be an awesome atmosphere at PR next season......... but also a very frustrating one as I think teams might well come here and shut up shop to get a point!
Well.........., been personally keeping ones mouth shut over that for fear of advertising negativity......., but that is the huge danger. And yes, it is arguably the most frustrating thing in football. And, if like a Hibs support, it could have sections of support becoming irritated with each other.

Hopefully not though, and Ipswich Town are the Barca of LG1.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:17 am

marko69 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:13 pm
hallamblue wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:50 pm
Well.........., been personally keeping ones mouth shut over that for fear of advertising negativity......., but that is the huge danger. And yes, it is arguably the most frustrating thing in football. And, if like a Hibs support, it could have sections of support becoming irritated with each other.

Hopefully not though, and Ipswich Town are the Barca of LG1.
Yeh it could be frustrating, but it's better the away side sitting back playing for a draw rather than the home side which is what it felt like at times under MM.

In the main Ipswich fans are a knowledgeable bunch and understand the game and what PL & the club are doing, hence another reason why I think people are likely to return in their numbers.

The first real test will be to see how the squad develops over the summer.

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:00 am

Ando wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:17 am
In the main Ipswich fans are a knowledgeable bunch and understand the game and what PL & the club are doing, hence another reason why I think people are likely to return in their numbers.
As of right now, most no doubt do understand. Anything other than a convincing start will alter that understanding dramatically. Even a draw v Rochdale would start the “FF SAKE-ers”!

Huge job ahead for PL whereby “the fans are back on board” chit chat stops and the results start. Which ties in massively with Hallams, (and my own) worries of 9-1 formations arriving at PR.

Tangfastic

Post by Tangfastic » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:39 am

marko69 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:00 am
Ando wrote:
As of right now, most no doubt do understand. Anything other than a convincing start will alter that understanding dramatically. Even a draw v Rochdale would start the “FF SAKE-ers”!

Huge job ahead for PL whereby “the fans are back on board” chit chat stops and the results start. Which ties in massively with Hallams, (and my own) worries of 9-1 formations arriving at PR.
If teams come here with 9-1 formation.... I wouldn’t consider that a worry. We’ve just had a season where we’ve been relegated with four games to go. We’ve only won four games. I can’t see this becoming a problem until if and when we get a winning run together and prove we’re a top team in the league. Bit early to start worrying about negative, park the bus sides.... we need to hit the ground running first and foremost. You’re right, though... a few poor results at the start and the ‘good-feel’ factor could implode. Hope not. Hope the Fixture List is easy on us for the first few weeks.
TBH, as weve had seasons before where our tactics have been only to disrupt patterns of play and not to lose games, it might be a welcome change to see other sides do it to us. A strange kind of respect towards us, perhaps.

Ando

Post by Ando » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:23 pm

tangfastic wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:39 am
marko69 wrote:
Ando wrote:

If teams come here with 9-1 formation.... I wouldn’t consider that a worry. We’ve just had a season where we’ve been relegated with four games to go. We’ve only won four games. I can’t see this becoming a problem until if and when we get a winning run together and prove we’re a top team in the league. Bit early to start worrying about negative, park the bus sides.... we need to hit the ground running first and foremost. You’re right, though... a few poor results at the start and the ‘good-feel’ factor could implode. Hope not. Hope the Fixture List is easy on us for the first few weeks.
TBH, as weve had seasons before where our tactics have been only to disrupt patterns of play and not to lose games, it might be a welcome change to see other sides do it to us. A strange kind of respect towards us, perhaps.
Agree, I think everyone will be a little bit nervy and tentative at the start as we move into the unknown. The players PH brought in in the main were proven at league one level so with a couple of additions we should be very competitive. If we do start slow we should not panic, just look at what's happened up the A140.

Shed on tour

Post by Shed on tour » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Ando wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:23 pm
tangfastic wrote:
marko69 wrote:

Agree, I think everyone will be a little bit nervy and tentative at the start as we move into the unknown. The players PH brought in in the main were proven at league one level so with a couple of additions we should be very competitive. If we do start slow we should not panic, just look at what's happened up the A140.
As long as we don't start with a 7-1 home defeat in our first game. :wink:

marko69
Global Moderator

Post by marko69 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Reading back over the posts, don’t think anyone is worrying, it was pointing to an area where unrest could happen amongst fans. You know, with it all being rosy at this moment in time.

Football across the board is fairly relative to each and every nations standard so can use Hibs as an example......., as a championship side, won more Scottish cup games than any other SPL side apart from Celtic in that three years. That’s because the SPL sides came to play. In amongst those cup wins v Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd there were 1-1’s v Dumbarton, Alloa, Cowdenbeath. It’ll be the same story for ITFC and hopefully it doesn’t get too frustrating.

As said earlier, hopefully......, Ipswich are the LG1 Barca. Glimpses of a possible LG1 Barca would be nice before the season ends.

Teeing up the response that Lambert needs to still sign the players that’ll contribute to being the LG1 Barca. Well, hopefully he signs those very players.

derick_ipsw

Post by derick_ipsw » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:06 pm

They might change there minds now.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:25 pm

That would show how fickle they are Derick and just how lacking in understanding to what's happened.

nicscreamer

Post by nicscreamer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:41 am

Well, despite the last couple of abject performances, I have done as I said I would and just purchased season tickets for next season for me and the youngest!...… I f**king pray we actually win some games next season as I don't want to have totally wasted my money :mrgreen:

Charnwood
Global Moderator

Post by Charnwood » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:07 am

Ando wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:23 pm
tangfastic wrote:
marko69 wrote:

I think we could be pleasantly surprised with the quality of football played by some of the better League 1 teams. I’ve watched Portsmouth, Sunderland, Luton, Coventry and Charlton recently and given they can’t all get promoted we’ll see some teams playing decent football, hopefully not better than ourselves. Having watched Coventry a couple of times recently ( including yesterday at Portsmouth ) I think we’d be stretched to win and they certainly wouldn’t be shutting up shop.

Andym

Post by Andym » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:30 am

Charnwood wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:07 am

I think we could be pleasantly surprised with the quality of football played by some of the better League 1 teams. I’ve watched Portsmouth, Sunderland, Luton, Coventry and Charlton recently and given they can’t all get promoted we’ll see some teams playing decent football, hopefully not better than ourselves. Having watched Coventry a couple of times recently ( including yesterday at Portsmouth ) I think we’d be stretched to win and they certainly wouldn’t be shutting up shop.
I agree. Some of the lower sides will play long ball and most have physical strikers. But there are some good teams playing good football.

I watch Luton whenever they are on as they are my old home town team. They atrack in numbers very well. .... but they'll need to tighten up defensively next season in the Championship.

Bluemike
Global Moderator

Post by Bluemike » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:15 pm

Gonna be far more enjoyable then as the unknown factor adds to it too. It can only be better than this season no matter what happens.

Ando

Post by Ando » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Just purchased 3 tickets for next season. Can’t wait! North stand upper block 2 only 4 rows back Ticket office enquires have been really high according to the lad on the phone.

Let’s hope we surpass 14,000