Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Here you can chat about everything and anything related to ITFC and other football issues. This forum also hosts the now Internationally famous TB.com ITFC match previews which contain insightful pre-match thoughts, previous highlights, news links relating to Town, form guides and other bits and pieces. Feel free to discuss meet ups/travel plans in here as well.

Moderators: marko69, Bluemike, Charnwood

Post Reply
hallamblue
Posts: 25085
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:01 pm

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/latest-on- ... -1-6841349

🤞🤞🤞 but not many of us allowed in even if it does get go ahead .

User avatar
marko69
Global Moderator
Posts: 18345
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:16 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there.

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by marko69 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 pm

That’s fantastic news........ not having to suffer a Rochdale game, Hallam! :lol:

Joking of course...... that was a good link and hopefully before THIS season is over, some semblance of normality is resumed, and we’re aw back at the fitbaw!

hallamblue
Posts: 25085
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2004 3:30 pm
Location: Ipswich Town F.C.

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by hallamblue » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Oh I’m hoping so marko 🤞🤞.... tbh I can’t see why fans can’t attend games ... it’s in the open air, just reduce numbers and no fans on The concourse etc . I’m sure it can be done . Mind you current CoVid levels rising won’t help things . But just “ lockdown “ in those areas of the Country.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4432
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by Andym » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:58 am

hallamblue wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:52 pm
Oh I’m hoping so marko 🤞🤞.... tbh I can’t see why fans can’t attend games ... it’s in the open air, just reduce numbers and no fans on The concourse etc . I’m sure it can be done . Mind you current CoVid levels rising won’t help things . But just “ lockdown “ in those areas of the Country.
I think part of the issue is getting people in and out. Availability of toilets. Shouting, chanting and singing all spread the virus.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22328
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:08 am

17 people in every 100,000 in this part of the country, bloody ridiculous

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4432
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by Andym » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Bluemike wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:08 am
17 people in every 100,000 in this part of the country, bloody ridiculous
It is a very low figure. But I assume it's based on positive tests, so allowing for those who are asymptomatic and the large numbers who can't get a test, the real figure is probably between 50 and 100 per 100,000.

Still very low, but we saw before how rapidly the numbers grow if unchecked. I honestly don't know how we control it. But if the incidence is growing (which it is), social.contact must be reduced rather than increased.

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22328
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:19 pm

The figures are only growing cus there are thousands more being tested. It is thought that when we peaked at over 6000 per day the actual figure was closer to 60,000 maybe even 100,000, I honestly think we have no choice but to live normally cus this can't go on , the damage is gonna be worse than that caused by the bloody pandemic and this is why I doubt very much there will be a second total lockdown across the country, the fall out would be catastrophic.

User avatar
Andym
Posts: 4432
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:47 pm
Location: Mid Suffolk

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by Andym » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm

I agree about the effects of a second lockdown. If only we had a wotld-beating test and trace system....

User avatar
saint jude
Posts: 9019
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:41 pm

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by saint jude » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:39 pm

The image that showed cardboard cut outs.. It that a true representation of our fanbase.. Seriously. Don't find much humor in things but admit found an element of amusement within it. Is there a Norwich one also, would be priceless..

This issue anyhow, allowing a section of the support back in small numbers. Makes sense, things can't go on the way they are and to implement such a measure with restricted numbers seems a viable way ahead. It's not as if they're asking to fill half a stadium or anything.

Space them out around the arena, see how it goes. If there's any adverse effects over time then eradicate the idea and back to how it were before. Realize the pandemic issue is a major concern but there's been too much tentative reactions in some areas over enough time. You can't live your lives in fear or trepidation. Sometimes risks or breaking ahead need to be undertaken.

Ando
Posts: 1284
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:03 am
Location: Out and about

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by Ando » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:11 pm

Andym wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm
I agree about the effects of a second lockdown. If only we had a wotld-beating test and trace system....
Yes a second lockdown would be disaster, having as many people back and as soon as possible is key. I think once we have people back in it will be here to stay because it’s controlled.

If only people obeyed the rules, didn’t riot and take a test with a common cold we would have been back in grounds earlier....

User avatar
Bluemike
Global Moderator
Posts: 22328
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 5:26 pm
Location: Ipswich

Re: Fans to be allowed back for Rochdale game ?

Post by Bluemike » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Ando wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:11 pm
Andym wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm
I agree about the effects of a second lockdown. If only we had a wotld-beating test and trace system....
Yes a second lockdown would be disaster, having as many people back and as soon as possible is key. I think once we have people back in it will be here to stay because it’s controlled.

If only people obeyed the rules, didn’t riot and take a test with a common cold we would have been back in grounds earlier....
Never gonna happen, too many of them are morons these days.

Post Reply